Anyone towed behind a Maule M-9-235?

Old June 4th 13, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Anyone towed behind a Maule M-9-235?

So how strong was the tow and where did you have the experience?
Old June 4th 13, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Monday, June 3, 2013 4:16:18 PM UTC-7, wrote:
So how strong was the tow and where did you have the experience?

Not an M-9 but maybe the busiest Maule tow is John Templetom's M7 operating out of Parowan and elsewhere at times. Contact info via Parowan Aero's web site. http://www.flyparowan.com/index.php/gliding.html John and his M-7 provide great service.

Darryl
Old June 4th 13, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Echo

On Monday, June 3, 2013 6:16:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
So how strong was the tow and where did you have the experience?

M5-235 in Eagleville has been the machine for decades. Works great for us, but very limited visibility and crosswind capability from the front end of the rope...

Jordan
ASW20 E
Old June 4th 13, 08:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc - Butterfly Avionics

So how strong was the tow and where did you have the experience?

Our club (Walldorf, Germany) has a very short strip (450m) and we have used Maules ever since 20 years now. First we had an MX7 (235), now an M6 (235).

The performance is outstanding. We tow 750kg Duo XTs in hot summer days way better than most other tugs tow single seaters.

Cheers
Marc
Old June 4th 13, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, June 3, 2013 5:16:18 PM UTC-6, wrote:
So how strong was the tow and where did you have the experience?

Ive been at both ends of the rope with the MXT7 (Very similar to the 9) in the mountains with hot summers. Without any doubt the Maule does slightly better than the C182. We have an old jump 182 with a stripped down interior and panel and it comes close. The only problem with the Maule is that the plane has no cowl flap so the cowling is a bit more open or free flowing than the 182 (Which has cowl flaps which you close on the decent). This makes it a bit more difficult to keep heat in the motor on the decent. If you can find one of the later fuel injected models this would be good.