I just have to get it off my chest.

Old July 26th 07, 06:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Default I just have to get it off my chest.

"Tauty" tautalogicusnot this stuff@gmailthis either.com wrote in
:

Other than yEnc, "What will your agent do that OE will not?"

Waiting patiently,

gdp

I think the answer has been given - Using a newsreader other than OE
makes them feel superior, I guess.

I use Xnews but it does not make me superior to anyone Just better served
than using OE to read news
As for OE not being a newsreader - well, I am reading news on it.

I you are satisfied with the ModelT then I guess a 2007 Mustangwon't thrill
you at all

Old July 26th 07, 10:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

"gnububba" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 05:32:43 -0500, "Don Pyeatt"

...snippage here, sorry...
Unfortunately, after all the subjective comparisons you used, you have not
answered my basic question. To repeat:

Other than yEnc, "What will your agent do that OE will not?"

This former CP/M and DOS user just wants a straight answer.

Please be objective.

Don

Hi Don,

This is for information only but here is a brief list of things I find
important every day which I believe OE won't do for me.

1. Automatically combine multiple part posts into a single line.

2. Allow more than one group to be open at a time.
(I can look through other groups while one is downloading.)

3. Allow a single post to be d/led 'right now' without having to stop
a d/l going on in another group. (Priority retrieval)

4. Allow Personalization of the toolbar with a choice of nearly any
function available in the reader.

5. Automatically add the filename to the Subject line of a post.

6. Permit changing how many headers to get on a one-time basis
without having to reset the default properties.

7. Allow different usage settings for_each individual group_rather
than a single set of options for all.

8. Correctly format quoted text without breaking it into spastic
little pieces and stringing it down an entire page. (I had to get
one dig in OK?)

Also some readers:
8. Exceed the options capability of OE by more than 10::1.

9. Exceed the filtering capability of OE by Light Years.

10. The nickel & dime conveniences are far too many to list.

Let me qualify. I used OE for over a year getting news and during that
time the list above seemed every bit as unimportant to me as it now
seems indispensable.

These threads are beyond weariness and will end only when OE is
repaired. Unfortunately all hope of that is now gone forever.
Microsoft ended development and it was officially killed last year.
Does the fact Microsoft itself has quit using it say anything?

I didn't want to take time learning another news reader and enjoyed
the groups using Outlook Express. I still thoroughly enjoy the groups
but using a program that is smart about what goes on in news groups
has saved me a lot of grief. I can spend what time there is available
looking through the groups rather than wondering what went wrong.

The most important part of this group are the people who have been
bringing pictures here day after day for years. Without them this news
reader is just as worthless as any other. They know who they are and
how they want to go about doing it.

Thank you,

And thank you for your objectivity ! I believe the question has been
answered succinctly, and with no references to VHS and Beta.

Thank you,

gdp

Old July 26th 07, 06:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RK

Kainolophobia rules!

Old July 26th 07, 10:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

(RK) wrote in news:fM4qi.53285$5j1.50259
@newssvr21.news.prodigy.net:

Kainolophobia rules!

Fine. ~Make~ me go look it up...

Ah.
Old July 27th 07, 04:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luc

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 05:09:08 GMT, Clairbear wrote:

The YENC debate seems very similar to the California Assembly and
Senate as they attempt to reach a budget....late again as usual! They
haven't changed many minds either!!

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in :

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

Not so fast....this is not a yEnc thread. I just want someone to
answer my question about news and email clients.

Why is OE inferior to other clients?

It is beginning to appear that no one can answer it.

gdp

Don It has been answered but you, my friend, just prefer not to
accept the answers.

No, it has not. Just like you, others who try to answer the basic
question just run and hide or, at best, throw up a smoke screen.

Want to try again? Here it is:

Other than yEnc, "What will your agent do that OE will not?"

Waiting patiently,

gdp

Xnews is easier, faster, more capable and more usable

Old July 27th 07, 08:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Casey Tompkins

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 05:26:40 GMT, "Dallas"
wrote:

And the yEnc thumpers dont get the We dont want it, dont need it thing
either..... The yEnc'ers force their pages and pages of unreadable code
down our throats even tho time and time again its been said that its not
welcome here. Since you seem to be unable to answer Dons Question with a
straight answer and just keep throwing
analogy after analogy around....I come to your house and you dont smoke and
Im a smoker, out of common courtesy, Im not gonna smoke in your house......
but that comes from those having conciences and able to be considerate of
others...... Nuff said, if you want to post yEnc fine, your just wasting
bandwidth to me and shall join the other yEncers in the kill file.

Dallas, if you have a problem with argument by analogy, I can't help
you. It's a legitmate method of discussion, and sometimes may
illustrate a point more effectively than pure prose.

I have, in fact, answered Don's question, which was about OE, not
yEnc, if you were paying attention...

Also, IF you were paying attention, I have already (upon more than one
occasion) made suggestions on how posters may accomodate
non-yEnc-compliant readers, but you are apparently more interested in
shoving me into some pre-concieved category in your mind, than reading
what I have to say.

Sorry.

Old July 27th 07, 08:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Casey Tompkins

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 21:17:18 +0930, "Dave Kearton"
wrote:

Don Pyeatt wrote:
"Casey Tompkins" wrote in message
did with a simple point upgrade to Agent. As Don originally said,
YMMV.

No, I did not.

What I said was, "Other than yEnc, what will your agent do that OE
will not?"

His newsreader is causing problems with attributions.

It's a bug, not a feature..

Old July 27th 07, 08:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Casey Tompkins

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:19:03 -0700, "Mike Henley"
wrote:

Why don't you people start a NEW newsgroup "alt.binaries.pictures.yEnc is
better.No it isn't.Yes it is", then everyone can move over there and
continue to club this thread into the ground.

Ok. I'm busted. I've seen this thread way too many times myself. but
the folks around here are (generally) just too darn civilized.
Besides, I have a prelidicton for pedanrty, and the argument that
adding yEnc functionality or upgrading to a true newsreader is not
supportable...

On the other hand, I am in no way a "yEnc fan" (despite belief to the
contrary).

On the gripping hand, I think there are valid ways to address this
challenge besides the bit bucket. I have already mentioned some of
these methods in earliers remarks.

Old July 27th 07, 08:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in :

Howyadoin Bob?

Still listed amongst the survivors. Trust the world is being kind at you?

Taking ~lots~ o' pictures. Not posting many. Seems to be a blockage in the
workflow... anybody got a copy of Adobe X-Lax I could borrow...?

Bob ^,,^