Train Wreck

Old November 10th 17, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

Default Train Wreck

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 5:00:32 PM UTC-7, Bojack J4 wrote:
This is better than watching television!

My friends at the NSA have also enjoyed reading all of these posts. Oftentimes security work is rather boring, but this has really been quite entertaining and a very nice change from the usual traffic from various unnamed countries and individuals. Unfortunately, due to security concerns, I cannot reveal my last name, but those of you out there with the need to know, do know who I am....
Old November 10th 17, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

...favor...

Old November 10th 17, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Betting against Sean is a losing proposition. I’m convinced after watching his incredibly in depth comprehensive videos that he should have been a lawyer to win legal cases.

I’m betting two things will happen.

Sean eventually shines enough light on the selection process to get into the class he wants to get on.

Or, he will find a third world country like the Dominican Republic where you can pay a small amount of money to obtain dual citizenship and represent that country instead in the class he wants to.

My advice is to all the pilots on here is to join up with the potential winners for our countries sake and don’t have such thin skin. Otherwise he will win against us.

Let the man soar, without changing the rules to block him.
Old November 10th 17, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 2:10:16 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Someone wrote this to me:

It's always a good idea to correct mistaken assumptions or statements, especially when they are the argumentative basis for actions with very serious consequences, don't you agree, Mr or Ms Somebody?

Gina

Gina,
I thought that night in Benalla was bigger than the both of us but now I am just "Mr Somebody? Was I just another notch in your lipstick case?
(Laughing) Is this 7T? (Laughing harder) How is it you show up here with a new account and only 4 posts claiming to be a crew member and yet you have more intimate knowledge of the SSA rules than most competitors?
Sean, I mean Gina, You probably don't remember me but we met briefly at the Nats. I am one of the dozens of casual competitors who enjoyed meeting you and talking in person and is entertained by your zainy interweb antics (Weren't you the one who started a soaring classified on FB over a snit with Tim Mara?).
This IS better than TV. I'm gonna grab another beer.
Old November 10th 17, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Mr Somebody again addressed me personally, without the courtesy of identifying himself, and wrote:

"How is it you show up here with a new account and only 4 posts claiming to be a crew member and you have more intimate knowledge of the SSA rules than most competitors?"

I claimed to be a crew member at Benalla because I was. You erroneously state that I have "intimate knowledge of the SSA rules." I merely did a Google search for the US Team Code of Conduct and read it. And I don't know who "Tim Mara" is.

Sean Murphy can enlighten you regarding the existential dilemma that you are having, Mr Somebody (or do you prefer Mr Nobody?). XC knows who I am. I had the pleasure of meeting him shortly before he flew in his first Worlds.. The 15m US Team did an excellent job at Benalla, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Perhaps you should lay off the beer. The only pilot I know who can drink like a fish and not act like a dork is P7.

Gina Wilson
New Zealand

Old November 10th 17, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
XC

7T has been known to post under an alias here and in the sailboat racing world but not this time. I am convinced that last post was P7's crew, Gina. A delightful soul.

As to 711's post and anyone else who may be interested.

Gina is absolutely correct. There was no dysfunction with our team in Benalla. Everyone got along. Sean Fidler was a perfect gentleman. The pilots and crews represented the US well. John Good worked very hard (7am-11pm) and did two jobs as team captain and team manager. Tiffany, Gina and other folks did double duty to help out. Not to say we had enough help but it was a fun cooperative effort. Great experience.

This whole post began as my shocked reaction to Sean Fidler attacking his teammates and friends on the USTC after not getting selected in 18m. I mean to say John Good didn't do a good job is crazy! And the other vile things....nuts! He was offered a slot on the 15m squad after all. I continue to be mystified at how someone could act in such a manner.

I still can't believe it but I've said enough about all that...perhaps too much.

XC
Sean Murphy
Old November 10th 17, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Someone wrote this to me:

[...]

Gina, He is just a tosser, even though he might not know the expression.
"Urban" if you want to be respected at all, give yourself a real name while you're insulting a known crew member who has attended soaring competitions around the globe.
Jim
SCUM
Old November 10th 17, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Sebastian Kawa doesn't care.....
Old November 10th 17, 06:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K m

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 8:54:30 PM UTC-7, XC wrote:
7T has been known to post under an alias here and in the sailboat racing world but not this time.............

Thanks for the clarification XC. I figured this was another Wilbur or Orville thing again. When I first read this thread I was rooting for 7T to hopefully be able to resolve this issue and move on but after some of the responses it shows how toxic this behavior really is.
And to the real Gina, I will echo what myself and others have said, No issues with anyone in person, But on the internet it is a completely different story. When I first posted I was hoping 7T would get beyond the accusations and name calling and shed some insight (That was naive on my part).
And lastly JAMES, I usually do not dignify childish posts like yours with a response, but Tosser? Really? Is name calling necessary? Stop and think for a minute, Soaring is a small community and referring to people as jerk offs and scum is just counter productive.

Old November 10th 17, 09:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 11:50:40 PM UTC-7, K m wrote:
[...]

My God, "SCUM", is a 4 letter word which was sold on many T-Shirts and carrying bags by the late CD Charlie Lite. These 4 letters mean "Sailplane Crew Union Member". The "real" KM would know this! JS was the crew for both the AU folks who came to Uvalde this last summer, which Bruce Taylor won. JS is the one who also lent Bruce Taylor his ASG 29 for Nephi the year before.
As Gina stated earlier, why don't you sign your name because your not who some may think you are, Mr/Ms. Nobody!
Thank you, both XC and Gina, as I also will support your views on 7T at all the contests we have been at together. As a matter of fact, at all the contest's I have ever been to, I have always seen a good showing of Sportsmanship and Camaraderie with the entrant's, crew's, tow pilot's, contest management and line folks. Might have missed a few, but them too.

Best. Tom #711.