Train Wreck

Old November 8th 17, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Train Wreck

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 7:37:32 AM UTC-7, Sean Fidler wrote:
Oh and great thread title mini-me.

The US Team Selection process is a total TRAIN WRECK.

#morelies

SSA dues paying members: Sean Fidler disparages the SSA with a link to the organization. https://seanfidler.com/ I think there are many, many SSA members that might be very interested in your personal website... And, as an SSA member my first questions to the SSA leadership now a How much of the SSA dues funds go to the US soaring team? What are the code of conduct requirements of a US International contest participant? Unfortunately and regrettably we may need to flush that out. Of course criticism itself is not a disqualifying factor, but I'm sure there is some behavioral standard to adhere to. A US team member represents the SSA and the USA.
If you want to bring the SSA into it Sean, then the members get to have a say and are going to ask questions. It's all your choice, you can have a valid grievance and make your point in a respectful way, or not. You routinely choose not to. Blowback is a fair and reasonable consequence. Start calculating for it?
Cheers.
I'd provide my name on this one but you are a suspected (known?) online bully so I'll take the safe route. Probably not hard to figure it out anyway but I'll at least keep it off a public forum.
Old November 8th 17, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 10:02:55 AM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

I'll answer your question re SSA funds. No SSA member funds are used for the US Team. SSA resources assist with publicity to help fund raising. Funding for the US Team is in a separate bucket filled by dedicated contributions, and overseen by SSA leadership.
UH
Old November 8th 17, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 8:11:11 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

Good to know, thanks.
Old November 8th 17, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 7:30:58 AM UTC-7, Sean Fidler wrote:
Hank, as usual, you haven’t the slightest clue. And I am not done with the videos. I’m just getting started.

And "this" is to prove a simple point. The US Team selection process is a joke and fraud. It not based on facts. It favors butt kissers and is something that is now "given" subjectively and not "earned" objectively.

Get behind the “Team.” Get behind the team that in several cases was given their positions and DID NOT EARN IT.

Also, just to be clear, is team flying legal now? How is it that we can have 5E and XC team flying entire contests without anyone noticing or caring? Are we just trusting them? Is everyone else OK completing against the clear advantages which that allowance provides them? The same thing occurred in the Club Class (and D2, LS8, ASW20 division) nationals in Hobbs this year. See my Youtube channel for those videos.

So Mini-Me (XC) and Mr. Cochrane (good old boys spokesman east and west)....which is it? (Facts please, cite evidence). We see that 5E and XC team fly and need each other to lose the 15m Nationals. We now know that 90 leeches P7 as if prison was no deterrent. But we don’t see that with me. How am I not fast without markers mini-me? At least Cochrane won’t lie here like you. But notice that until I added the actual SeeYou replay proving the narrative was incorrect, that wasn't the case.

Also, note XC comments about how that subjective perception (which Mr. Cochrane disputes) was the reason he voted me down. You can see right there how pathetic the new buddy voting system is.

Why is XC so mad (see: Butthurt)? It is because I called them out for complaining endlessly about the FAI rules DURING the FAI world championships for which they had over a year to prepare. Meanwhile John Good writes endless articles attacking the FAI rules while my wife did 3/4 of the work of the team captain. The Team members should not be afraid of or complain about the FAI rules (or European pilots), they should be fully prepared and READY TO ATTACK IT ON ALL LEVELS AND AT ALL TIMES when the event begins. Instead, they longed for the US rules and tasks. Hence one of my many reasons for despising the failed US Rules experiment which has provided ZERO UPSIDE in TWENTY YEARS while requiring extreme effort to maintain.

Mini-Me, did do you know how the 85% “Elite” (cough, cough, wink, wink) voters voted? How is it that you know the "collective narrative" was (weeks ago) that I am not fast without markers as you posted on my Facebook page? Clearly, now that I have provided this thread some objective evidence (in the form of several SeeYou replays), Cochrane is walking that one (whopper) back for you (and the voters). But (and this is key) that is, apparently, still the justification for 5E to move up in the subjective vote and for me to move down. Hmm? The Team Committee has not released any responses to date. How did you know weeks ago? Could it be that it was contrived by a group of people with high ethical standards that would not let personal disagreements affect their votes? No? Yeah, that is a stretch. So, mini-me, how did you know?

Answer: Mini-me was in on the contrived “subjective” answer of the "elite" SSA loyalists (the good old boys) which was designed too.... We all know the answer...

When will the US Team Committee release the US Team votes and comments so we can compare their responses (subjective) with actual flight data for all relevant competition to see if it makes sense or is just personal? This is the process for the rules poll. Why is this not the process for the TRANSPARENT and OF THE HIGHEST MORAL CHARACTER US Team poll?

#participationtrohpy
#givenNOTearned

This guy is screaming everywhere that he should absolutely be on the US 18 meter international team. Here is some perspective, his US contest record. It's not exactly overwhelming evidence for a guaranteed slot at 18 meters.... Maybe you should win something before you start whining and complaining?

Sean Fidler
Year Contest Placed
2017 18 meter nationals 15th!
2016 2016 15 meter, Open, and Std Nationals 16
2016 18 Meter National 11
2015 18 Meter, Open and US Club Class Nationals 6
2015 Region 5 North G
2014 18 Meter Nationals 4
2014 Region 5 North 5
2014 Seniors Soaring Championship G
2013 Region 6 North (R6N) 2
2013 Region 6 South 10
2013 18 Meter Nationals 5
2013 Seniors Soaring Championship G
2012 Region 4 North 5
2012 Sports Class Nationals 35
2012 Region 6 North Super Regional 6
2011 Uvalde Glide 18M / 15M Contest 8
2011 Region-6 North 8
2010 Region 6 North 5
2009 Region 6 North 2
Old November 8th 17, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 10:39:38 AM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

You missed 2017 15 Meter Nationals- First place
UH
Old November 8th 17, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 8:49:22 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

So it seems logical that he would be put on the 15 meter team, which he was.. But you don't find that on his social media.
Old November 8th 17, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

Archer,

Worth repeating the relevant sections of the US Team Code of Conduct he

13.1.3 Courtesy. Courteous accessibility to visiting SSA members, sponsors, dignitaries and the Press.
13.1.4 Respect. Respect for the host organization, the facility, the rules of the airfield and the organization.
13.1.5 Treatment. Fair, considerate, courteous treatment of Team Management, Team Volunteers, and members of the public.
13.2.1 Highest Level. To maintain at all times a high standard of sportsmanship and fair play
13.2.6 Respect. Maintain an attitude of respect and politeness towards competitors both in the air and on the ground.
13.3 To Specifically Refrain From. To refrain from any behavior which might reflect unfavorably on the United States of America, the sport, the Team, its management, or which might bring any other pilot, official or the Team into disrepute

Rereading the document it is pretty clear to me that this is required at ALL times, not just during a competition.

I think most rational observers would agree many lines were crossed long (honestly several years) ago but no one should have any remaining doubts. Several years back the US Team came very close to pulling a member (711) because of perceived personality issues and a junior team member (OO) was removed during a competition where he had won several days because the TC thought he was drinking too late at night. Yet total silence regarding a psychopathic bully? The SSA / Team Committee needs to make a statement very soon as both of these individuals did far, far less. A permanent ban from future competition seems appropriate and justified.
Old November 8th 17, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 9:53:43 AM UTC-7, Kevin Christner wrote:
[...]

Ok, I'll let others who know something about it make those determinations.
The necessary penalties/consequences, if any, will likely be determined by the necessary individuals, as they have in the past. Doesn't seem to be a problem there. Seems to me like the process, if slow for some, is essentially working! There's plenty of intelligent discussion about it going on in another thread and likely within more official channels past, present, and future.
Old November 8th 17, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

[...]

I would say that's a pretty good record for a guy who has only been racing gliders less than 10 years.
Glen
Old November 8th 17, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

[...]

This is true. I was accused of being verbally abusive to women by one individual who later wrote me and apologized for this ( I accepted as I know the truth and we are friends, no problems, we do make mistakes). But the US Team held a "trial" on me and never invited me to that trial. Ya, that is what really ****ed me off! I was informed of this at the 2009 US 18 Meter Nationals. I was told the name of one, but not the other. Yes, great timing during a National contest where a pre-slot will be given for the next Worlds.. I was put on "probation" and could be removed at any time the Team Captain choose(the Team captain can do this at any time with anybody anyways!). But when at the US Team trailer at the WGC 2010, I did ask the Team Captain to talk ovr this. He talked around the issue. When I tried to excuse myself and leave the trailer, he blocked me in and then it became extremely heated. Lucky for all, as KM opened the door, the episode ended. I walked out. KM and his wife had lunch with me and we just talked our way around it. He and I are friends today, no problem!
I am not the only one who has had these false actions taken.
One US Team member who was notified that he was on the US Team. The very next day received a phone call stating that his father would not be allowed to crew for him at the WGC. Also, when the voting took place back years ago, calls were made to all who could vote and they were told if they voted for one individual, they would never be on the US Team.
Thiers, even more, I know. At the WGC Uvalde, major problems occurred. The US Team chairman was removed due to problems. A lot more on this. This same person also did his best to land me out during the WGC 2010. He even stated that and several are witnesses to this!
On the ramp in 2009 at the 18 Meter Nationals, I was put under pressure, as one Team member asked what I would do to help him stay on the US Team. Folks, some sick **** does happen.
Moving forward, 7T, Fidler, had a shot and turned it down as he wanted to go to both the 15 Meter and 18 Meter Worlds. ( HELLO, how does the US Team take a 3 day 95% ranking and turn it into a 100% ranking does not seem fair to the past and present 4 plus day 100% er's!). His want's are not allowed by current US Team policy, so he turned the 15 Meter slot down. I have many saved post's and also past IGC files. Heck, you can watch the SGP video on the final day where he even states he flew with the "Jerzey train". Big deal? No not at all! His choice as 7T team flew with 98 on the first day SGP Seminole and they had a bad day. Later I went to dinner with them and we joked about it. No problems! Now all this junk. WTF! All of us on certain weather days will fly with a group, we are "racing junkies" remember!
The full US Team is usually selected early Fall and starts having group phone calls late fall for the next years WGC. Plenty of time to make arrangements! When a pre-Worlds entrant was selected, only one or 2 went. They had to pay for 'both" contests(no reimbursement). (We only get a small reimbursement, to begin with).
I am not taking sides as all parties need to move forward. 7T you had a shot to go to the 2018 WGC and you simply "fXXked yourself". End of story.

Best. Tom Kelley #711.