TSA certified CFIs

Old May 17th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default TSA certified CFIs

Has anyone gone to the trouble of getting TSA certified to provide
foreign flight training on this list? I have my appointment with the
FSDO tomorrow morning. They told me to bring my birth certificate to
prove my U.S. citizenship along with my medical and CFI certificate (I
would think they would have that). I'm not sure what to expect. At one
point I had a Canadian student I thought I needed this for but then
realized he was grandfathered .

-Robert

Old May 17th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Robert M. Gary wrote:
Has anyone gone to the trouble of getting TSA certified to provide
foreign flight training on this list?

I have not, of course, but let me know how it turns out. I will
probably do that when I get back.

Old May 17th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

All of the instructors at my facility did the TSA training and
"certified" for annual records. We only have a few foreign students but
the boss wanted to get us all under the umbrella. The "training" course
is laughable and simply means you keep bucking it up a level to your
supervisor!!
Not a big deal at all but I resent having to do the paperwork for TSA
and the record keeping that is required "under penalty of law..." Got
it shoved in our faces and stuffed down our throats.
National Identity Card coming next and I have been predicting that for
20 years now. Some called me nuts and worse and that isn't the end of
my predictions either. Wish I was wrong but my batting average on these
things is nearly perfect to this point.
Rocky

Old May 17th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Every active CFI is required to have taken the TSA course.
It is also recommended that inactive CFIs also take the
course. At flight schools all persons who will deal with
students, from the receptionist to the mechanics take the
training and have the school record to prove it.
All new flight students must prove USA citizenship and that
must be recorded. Non-citizens must pass a TSA/HS
background check before training.

AOPA Online - AOPA's Guide to TSA's Alien Flight Training
.... CFIs: Stay up to date on how the TSA's alien flight
training/ ... Flight Training. The TSA rule initially
defined "flight training" as instruction received ...
www.aopa.org/tsa_rule/ - 74k - Cached - Similar pages

AOPA Online - Regulatory Brief -- TSA Flight Training
Security Rule The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
(AOPA), a not-for-profit individual membership association,
effectively serves the interests and needs of its ...
www.aopa.org/whatsnew/regulatory/regtsa.html - 38k -
Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.aopa.org ]

TSA | Transportation Security Administration | Flight School
.... If you are unable to complete the training on-line and
would like a FSSA-CD mailed to you, e-mail your name and
shipping address to the TSA Flight School ...
www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/
editorial/editorial_1727.xml - 34k - Cached - Similar pages

TSA | Transportation Security Administration | Alien
Flight ... As a prerequisite to flight training, non-US
citizens must provide to TSA fingerprints, biographical
information, including full name, passport and visa ...
www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/editorial/
editorial_multi_image_with_table_0215.xml - 31k - Cached -
Similar pages
[ More results from www.tsa.gov ]

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

oups.com...

Old May 17th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Jim Macklin wrote:
Every active CFI is required to have taken the TSA course.
It is also recommended that inactive CFIs also take the
course. At flight schools all persons who will deal with
students, from the receptionist to the mechanics take the
training and have the school record to prove it.
All new flight students must prove USA citizenship and that
must be recorded. Non-citizens must pass a TSA/HS
background check before training.

AOPA Online - AOPA's Guide to TSA's Alien Flight Training
... CFIs: Stay up to date on how the TSA's alien flight
training/ ... Flight Training. The TSA rule initially
defined "flight training" as instruction received ...

Oh, that training. I already took that. I thought he was talking about
something else.

What we really need is better graphics, a 'shooter' game interface
where we blow terrorists off the tarmac. :-)

Old May 17th 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Google for "Bin Laden liquor store"
http://www.henry.martinez.net/games/binladenliquors/

"cjcampbell" wrote in
message
oups.com...

Old May 17th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Has anyone gone to the trouble of getting TSA certified to provide
foreign flight training on this list?

I did. They didn't even make me come in. I filled out the application
on the TSA web site, and then called the FSDO for my passwoed. They
had no idea they were supposed to be involved, but after looking at the
web site conceded that they were. They emailed me my password a few
weeks later.

Michael

Old May 18th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Every active CFI is required to have taken the TSA course.
It is also recommended that inactive CFIs also take the
course.

Not true, glider only CFIs are not required to take the course, and are not
required to check student credentials for nationality.

BT

Old May 18th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

You are mixing up two things. There is no test necessary, just need to
show a passport at the FSDO. I think you may be thinking of is the CFI
TSA certificate, something every CFI in the country is legally required
to have.

Old May 18th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Oh, that training. I already took that. I thought he was talking about
something else.

Yes, I am. I applied for the TSA CFI account which allows me to train
foreign students. That is different than the TSA certificate all CFIs
are requied to have. If you are a regular CFI who only took the basic
TSA test you can only teach U.S. citizens.

-Robert