New Ulm, MN (ULM) Airport Runway Extension Study

Old May 4th 04, 02:35 PM
Dan Hoehn

Default New Ulm, MN (ULM) Airport Runway Extension Study

I am a member of the New Ulm, Minnesota Airport Commission. We are
currently conducting a justification study for the purpose of
extending our primary runway from 4401 feet to 5000 feet. We are
trying to locate aircraft operators (primarily jet aircraft) who would
have need of a longer runway at New Ulm even if it is only a couple
operations a year.

The problem with trying to locate potential users of an airport is
that since they don't use the airport it is difficult determining who
they might be. If you are a person who might have need of longer
runway at New Ulm or know of a individual, company, or fractional
operator who has this need, I would appreciate hearing from you.
Thank you.

Dan Hoehn
Chairman, New Ulm, Minnesota Airport Commission
Old May 5th 04, 03:33 PM
Dan Hoehn

I have received several responses to this posting with several good
suggestions and helpful information. I should point out that the FAA
requires us to be able to document a certain level of use/demand
before they will commit funds to such a project. That is the purpose
of my posting. We are exploring all avenues to locate such demand.

What we need is a letter from an individual/company/fractional
operator which states that that particular operator would have X
number of operations at ULM based upon an extension of the runway.
Although this number should be a legitimate possibility, the FAA does
not monitor individual operators to determine that they met the
projected use indicated by the respective operator.

I would appreciate further responses from anyone with additional
information helpful to our justification study. Thank you.