New Security Procedures at HPN

Old January 1st 04, 02:49 PM
Rosspilot

Default New Security Procedures at HPN

There were 2 West Milford police cars on the only access road to Greenwood Lake
yesterday, too. They didn't stop us as we left (after our glorious final
flight of 2003) but I assumed they were checking inbound cars.
www.Rosspilot.com

Old January 1st 04, 05:23 PM
Steve P

On 1/1/2004 6:39 AM after considerable forethought, Tom Fleischman wrote:
I received the following this morning in an email alert from a local
aviation advocacy group at HPN:

\begin quote:

Westchester Airport Manager Joel Russell advises that special new
security procedures will likely be in effect at Westchester County
Airport beginning this morning, Wednesday Dec. 31.

He advises at armed National Guard personnel are being deployed to the
airport, and can be expected to be be at inbound checkpoints at the
airport, in addition to police patrols that you may have seen in the
past.SNIP

A similar checkpoint at EMT (So Cal) was put in place a couple of days
ago. All cars entering the perimeter fence of the airport are subject
to the search, yet one can turn just before the checkpoint and park in
the terminal parking lot, which also serves 2 fbos, without going
through the checkpoint.

Steve P

Old January 1st 04, 06:19 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 09:39:31 -0500, Tom Fleischman
wrote:

I received the following this morning in an email alert from a local
aviation advocacy group at HPN:

\begin quote:

Westchester Airport Manager Joel Russell advises that special new
security procedures will likely be in effect at Westchester County
Airport beginning this morning, Wednesday Dec. 31.

There was no obvious security at WVL or EPM last night g

Old January 2nd 04, 01:26 AM
Rosspilot

Lincoln Park Airport, N07, had local police parked at the end of Runway=20
01 all day yesterday. Not sure what they thought they were=20
accomplishing there.

Same thing as everywhere . . . showing that they are "doing something".

So all the sheeple will feel "safe".
:-(

www.Rosspilot.com

Old January 2nd 04, 03:18 AM
Ross Oliver

On 02 Jan 2004 01:26:09 GMT, Rosspilot wrote:
Same thing as everywhere . . . showing that they are "doing something".

So all the sheeple will feel "safe".
:-(

Hey Rosspilot,

If you are unhappy with police and National Guard patrolling your
airport, I would be happy to take them off your hands. I would like
nothing better than a squad of M-16-toting soldiers keeping any
unauthorized persons away from my multi-thousand dollar investement
sitting out in the open 24/7 in an only partially-fenced tiedown
area.

Ross Oliver
Old January 2nd 04, 03:44 AM
Andrew Gideon

Ross Oliver wrote:

If you are unhappy with police and National Guard patrolling your
airport, I would be happy to take them off your hands. I would like
nothing better than a squad of M-16-toting soldiers keeping any
unauthorized persons away from my multi-thousand dollar investement
sitting out in the open 24/7 in an only partially-fenced tiedown
area.

I rather agree with you. I saw increased patrols around CDW, and that was
one of my thoughts.

But I also saw a father and a pair of kids get uncomfortable being watched
while watching us, and leaving. Or perhaps they would have left anyway
then. But I'd hate to think that this sort of thing is costing us future
pilots.

- Andrew

Old January 2nd 04, 04:13 AM

Yeah saw that. I was there until sunset working on my plane. They left
before I did though.

"Thomas Ploch" wrote in message
. ..
In article ink.net,
says...
I received the following this morning in an email alert from a local
aviation advocacy group at HPN:

\begin quote:

Westchester Airport Manager Joel Russell advises that special new
security procedures will likely be in effect at Westchester County
Airport beginning this morning, Wednesday Dec. 31.

He advises at armed National Guard personnel are being deployed to the
airport, and can be expected to be be at inbound checkpoints at the
airport, in addition to police patrols that you may have seen in the
past.

A new procedure may be a checkpoint on Tower Road, which is the access
road for Hangar Echo, as well as Panorama and Westair. Vehicles may be
inspected, and occupants may be asked to show a government-issued
identification. This could be a 24-hour-a-day procedure, and is
expected to be in effect for the short-term period ahead. There will
likely be heightened security procedures including National Guard on
the terminal side of the airport as well.

No further details as to specific procedures or the length of time
these kinds of measures may be in effect is available. Again, remember
that you and any guests should have available proper identification

Old January 2nd 04, 01:43 PM
Rosspilot

Rosspilot wrote:
Same thing as everywhere . . . showing that they are "doing something".

So all the sheeple will feel "safe".
:-(

Hey Rosspilot,

If you are unhappy with police and National Guard patrolling your
airport, I would be happy to take them off your hands.

I did not say I was unhappy about it. I said they are there for show. And it's
true.

I would like
nothing better than a squad of M-16-toting soldiers keeping any
unauthorized persons away from my multi-thousand dollar investement
sitting out in the open 24/7 in an only partially-fenced tiedown
area.

I am all in favor of legitimate security. My airport has 24 hour surveillance
along with electronical gates. And I have no problem with a police presence
there or anywhere.
As I mentioned ealier, there were 2 West Milford cop cars checking people
entering the access road to 4N1.
But 2 cop cars parked at the road on the departure end of 01 at Lincoln Park
are not guarding anything. They are there just to be seen by anyone driving
by.

www.Rosspilot.com

Old January 2nd 04, 01:45 PM
Tom Sixkiller

Yeah saw that. I was there until sunset working on my plane. They left
before I did though.

Were they afraid of the dark?