[Search] Lacrosse Satellite

Old March 1st 07, 11:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jens Averbeck

Default [Search] Lacrosse Satellite

Hi,

a Hobby-Astronom at
http://www.astrotreff.de/topic.asp?T...4&whichpage=1#
(sorry its a German-Site)
is searching for detailed Images of the Lacrosse Satellites.

If anyone has some good pictures of those we would be glad to see them.

The reason why he needs those pictures: He wants to track and Photograph
those Satellites

Regards

Jens
Old March 2nd 07, 12:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Morris[_2_]

Google.com

http://www.zen32156.zen.co.uk/lacrosse.htm

Jim Morris

news

Old March 2nd 07, 12:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Jens Averbeck wrote:
Hi,

a Hobby-Astronom at
http://www.astrotreff.de/topic.asp?T...4&whichpage=1#
(sorry its a German-Site)
is searching for detailed Images of the Lacrosse Satellites.

If anyone has some good pictures of those we would be glad to see them.

The reason why he needs those pictures: He wants to track and Photograph
those Satellites

Regards

Jens

http://www.satobs.org/spysat.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacrosse_(satellite)

Alles Klar, Herr Kommissar?

Viel Spass!

Dave
Old March 2nd 07, 12:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jens Averbeck

Hi Jim,

we already searched for pictures at Google.

The 3D Modell seen on the Astrotreff.de Site ist from your Link.

But thanks anyway.

Btw he wants to photograph those Sats with the Telescope at Munic
Observatory with highest possible Resolution.

And to check if they found the right Satellite they need "Sketch" or
Outline Picture.

Regards

Jens

Old March 2nd 07, 12:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jens Averbeck

Am Thu, 01 Mar 2007 18:08:54 -0600 schrieb CWO4 Dave Mann:

Jens Averbeck wrote:
Hi,

a Hobby-Astronom at
http://www.astrotreff.de/topic.asp?T...4&whichpage=1# (sorry
its a German-Site)
is searching for detailed Images of the Lacrosse Satellites.

If anyone has some good pictures of those we would be glad to see them.

The reason why he needs those pictures: He wants to track and
Photograph those Satellites

Regards

Jens

http://www.satobs.org/spysat.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacrosse_(satellite)

Alles Klar, Herr Kommissar?

Viel Spass!

Dave

Hi Dave,

Danke für die Links, aber die hatten wir schon über Google gefunden.

Was wir bräuchten wäre zb Umriss-Zeichnungen um die Satelliten
erfolgreich zu identifizieren.

English:

Thanks for those Links, but we already found those with Google.

What we could need are "Outline-Images" of the Shape of the Satellites,
that would help to identify them and show in which position they are
Orbiting.

Regards

jens
Old March 2nd 07, 02:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
William R Thompson

"Jens Averbeck" wrote:

Hi,

a Hobby-Astronom at
http://www.astrotreff.de/topic.asp?T...4&whichpage=1#
(sorry its a German-Site)
is searching for detailed Images of the Lacrosse Satellites.

If anyone has some good pictures of those we would be glad to see them.

The reason why he needs those pictures: He wants to track and Photograph
those Satellites

There aren't any pictures of the Lacrosse/Onyx satellites, at least not
that are available to the public.

If he wants to track the five Lacrosse satellites, he doesn't need to
know what they look like. Heavens-above.com will tell you where
to look for them. During a good pass they're as bright as the second
magnitude, which makes them hard to miss.

He can ask for more information on sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe.
That group isn't quite moribund, and Ted Molczan will answer any
question you have about observing the Lacrosses.

--Bill Thompson

Old March 2nd 07, 06:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jens Averbeck

Am Fri, 02 Mar 2007 02:04:12 +0000 schrieb William R Thompson:

"Jens Averbeck" wrote:

[...]

Hi Bill,

thanks for the info about that other Newsgroup and Heavens-above.com
(didnt know it has tracking infos about those Sat).

Regards

Jens
Old March 2nd 07, 08:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
William R Thompson

"Jens Averbeck" wrote:

thanks for the info about that other Newsgroup and Heavens-above.com
(didn't know it has tracking infos about those Sat).

You're welcome. Heavens-above can give you predictions on almost
every satellite in low earth orbit. Go to their main page, click on
the "select a satellite" line under the Satellites heading. Then enter
Lacrosse% in the "satellite name" box. You'll get predictions for
the four Lacrosses still in orbit.

I'm not sure how much detail anyone could see through a telescope.
It's thought that Lacrosses use very large solar panels to power their
radars. The panels might shadow or otherwise hide whatever antennae
they carry.

--Bill Thompson

Satellite wx competition john smith Piloting 0 February 10th 06 02:03 AM
New satellite viewer available Stubby Instrument Flight Rules 9 July 7th 05 11:48 AM
Keyhole satellite imagery and GA Patrick Pohler Piloting 10 November 27th 04 10:03 PM
Satellite photos Chris W Piloting 3 September 2nd 04 06:49 AM
More satellite images for SeeYou David Starer Soaring 12 October 17th 03 10:54 AM