UFO sighted near Isle of Man

Old May 5th 07, 07:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Wanttaja

Default UFO sighted near Isle of Man

On Sat, 5 May 2007 00:09:47 -0400, "Dudley Henriques"
wrote:

Our cat (not a manx....a Russian Blue) used to "talk" to us as well.
Whenever one of us would come into the room where the cat was, if you made
eye contact with him he'd always and without fail give you one single loud
"meow". That was it..one meow. That was "hello", "glad to see you" "make
sure the bowl is full" and "don't let the door hit you in the butt on the
way out".

Back when my niece and nephew were little 'uns, they came to visit. All four of
my wife's cats were in attendance, and when they were named, they each meowed.
Impressed the kids, no end.

She's got one o' them dog-cats, now. It comes when you whistle.

Ron Wanttaja
Old May 5th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
James M. Knox

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in
:

Lord how we miss that fur critter. We had him for fifteen years....or
he had us. I've never actually figured out which :-)

You seem a bit unclear on the details. Just repeat to yourself:

Dogs have owners.

Cats have STAFF!

James M. Knox
TriSoft ph 512-385-0316
1300 Koenig Lane West fax 512-371-5716
Suite 200
Austin, Tx 78756
Old May 5th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On 3 May 2007 20:48:03 -0700, Jay Honeck wrote in
. com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wkrkup9XCo

British pilots and their passengers saw a very large UFO near the Isle
of Man a few days ago. Interestingly, it was even picked up on Jersey
radar.

The pilot estimates the UFO to be nearly one mile in size.

Who said the UFO was seen on radar?

http://www.thisisguernsey.com/code/s...ategory =news
Published 26/4/2007

Pilot’s UFO shock
by Joel de Woolfson

UFO sightings are being investigated by the Ministry of Defence.
Two experienced airline pilots on separate flights saw something
up to a mile wide off the coast of Alderney on Monday afternoon.
Surprisingly, Jersey radar equipment did not pick up the object,
although an air traffic controller said he had received
simultaneous reports from the Aurigny and Blue Islands pilots.
Aurigny’s Captain Ray Bowyer, 50, said he saw the strange object
during a flight from Southampton. ...
Old May 5th 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"Dudley Henriques" wrote:

"Jose" wrote in message
et...

aviation related content I flew myself down south to visit a friend of
a friend some years ago and /aviation related content he had two cats -
one of which knew it was a cat, the other of which must have been a dog in
cat's clothing. The owner spoke to it and it obeyed, just like a dog.
I'd never seen anything like it before, or since.

I think I can explain this.
This was probably the decoy cat for that year. Cats get together each year
and designate 1 cat to be what is known as the "designated decoy" cat. This
cat is specially trained by the other cats and surreptitiously inserted in a
randomly picked home with humans for the sole purpose of making humans
believe that cats can be trained as house pets.
It is assumed by the cats that the human picked will be totally fooled into
thinking that cats can be trained and spread the word, resulting in millions
of cats being allowed into other homes where they are fed, cared for, and
pampered by humans who have absolutely no idea that the cats are laughing
their asses off at the human's stupidity.
Hope this short synopsis helps a bit.
Dudley Henriques

Well, according to Chinese legend, cats once ruled the world, but they
got tired of the job and decided to turn it over to the second-most
intelligent species: man.

This legend would dovetail with Dudley's postulate.
Old May 5th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ManhattanMan

Orval Fairbairn wrote:

This legend would dovetail with Dudley's postulate.

Oh crap, hope that doesn't aggrivate any postulate problems.........

d:-))

Old May 5th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
muff528

"ManhattanMan" wrote in message
Orval Fairbairn wrote:

This legend would dovetail with Dudley's postulate.

Oh crap, hope that doesn't aggrivate any postulate problems.........

d:-))

Especially that "dovetail" business! I'm not even going to ask!
TP

Old May 7th 07, 11:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

On 2007-05-04, Dudley Henriques wrote:
One mile huh!!! You know, that's amazing!! I've heard nothing exciting ever
happens on the Isle of Mann. Even the cats there spend their whole lives
running around the place looking for a little piece of tail....and they
never seem to find it.

Smiley accepted, but as someone who lives in the Isle of Man (and
indeed, has an Isle of Man passport) plenty of exciting stuff happens
here. It's the 100th anniversary of the TT motorcycle races this year -
the TT being the best motorcycle road race in the world (and we have
four road racing events, the TT, the Manx GP, the Southern 100, and the
Jurby South).

Other exciting stuff - Saturday, I went flying in the Auster (both for
fun and towing gliders), and we got some wave lift off North Barrule. I
ended up flying through a bit of the rotor, and I thought the plane was
about to go upside down at one point!

No, I didn't see a UFO. Unfortunately, the only unusual event I've seen
here recently is a sport aircraft have a departure stall/spin accident a
week ago :-( (Fortunately both on board survived; the front seat pilot
is smashed up but will live to fly another day, the back seat passenger
(owner of the plane) got away with a broken ankle, sternum and some
bruising. He described impacting perpendicular to the ground. Both are
very very lucky to survive a stall/spin).

Old May 7th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

You are absolutely right Dylan, and your reply is well taken. When I wrote
this little tidbit I should have read it over a bit better before posting
it. I notice now that the word "even" was a misplaced insertion and totally
unnecessary. The objective of the post was to say something funny about the
cats and was never meant to imply any disrespect to the Isle itself.
The funny thing is that had I left out the word "even", I would have
achieved that perfectly.
Please accept my apology. I'm sure the Isle is an interesting and beautiful
place.
Dudley Henriques

Old May 7th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

No, I didn't see a UFO.

Dang it, Dylan -- what's the local "take" on this story? Two airline
pilots report a mile-wide UFO over your island, and you don't say
"anything" about it?

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 7th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

On 2007-05-07, Jay Honeck wrote:
No, I didn't see a UFO.

Dang it, Dylan -- what's the local "take" on this story? Two airline
pilots report a mile-wide UFO over your island, and you don't say
"anything" about it?

It was a lenticular cloud from the mountains. Or Venus. They saw Venus!!

:-)

(Actually, I think someone in the press is confused, there were mentions
of Jersey which is a different island a good few hundred miles from
here)