good pilotshop in US-west region ?

Old March 13th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default good pilotshop in US-west region ?

Hi,

I'm an European guy, traveling to the States in June this year. Touch Down
in San Francisco, driving to Reno, Yellowstone, Salt Lake City, Bryce &
Zion, and then heading back for SF via Las vegas and Bakerfield.

As a student pilot, I want to buy some pilots stuff such as a Headset(DC),
pilot jacket and some other fun stuff.

Is there a good pilotshop somewhere in the CA/UH/NV/AR area, where I can buy
these things ?

Thnx in advance for your advice,

grtz,

Barry

Aviation + Photography = my hobby =
http://members.home.nl/vandecrommert..._aviation.html

Old March 14th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hi there
There are couple of well stocked aviation stores in the San Francisco
bay area. There is a store at the Hiller Musuem at the San Carlos
airport (SQL) and at the San Jose airport (SJC). The store at the
Hiller museum has all sorts of aviation toys and such. But you would
probably save your self quite a bit a money by ordering as much of your
pilot supplies online and avoid paying sales tax. Sales tax in
California is around 8%.
Lou