Difference between C150 and 152

Old March 25th 04, 03:33 AM
Newps

"Teacherjh" wrote in message

I wish they'd use new numbers more often rather than letters.
We already have the 172 R, the 172 G, the 172 RG, the
172 N, and so forth, with the letters seemingly arbitrary (or
at least overlapping in meaning)

They did. They went in the order of the alphabet. In the late 70's or
early 80's the 172 also got the name Cutlass. The 172RG was also named
the Cutlass RG

Old March 25th 04, 08:07 AM
John Bishop

Thank for the info guys, I do remember it was 130hp. It was the plane the
club used for aeros and I did spin awareness in it. Wasn't part of the ppl
training, but my instructor like to teach it.

John

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
m...

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
om...

"C J Campbell" wrote in

message

"John Bishop" wrote in message
We also have in Europe the 152 "Reims Rocket" built at the Reims

factory
in
France. Can't remember the exact spec as it's too many years ago

when
learnt in one, but I think it has a 130hp engine built by Rolls

Royce.

Reims built a variant of the Cessna 172 designated the F 172

Skyhawk/100
and
Skyhawk/100 II, which used a 145 hp Rolls Royce engine from 1963

until
1971.
Beginning in 1971 the F 172 got a 160 hp Lycoming. From 1967 to 1977

Reims
produced the FR 172 "Reims Rocket" which had a 210 hp Continental

engine.
This was replaced in 1977 with the FR 172 XP which had a 195 hp
Continental
engine.

No variant of the 150/152 was called a Reims Rocket, but Reims did

produce
both types using the same engines as were installed in the United

States.

Reims did produce an Aerobat with more HP than its US cousin. Made it

much better aerobatic platform.

Near as I can tell all the Reims Aerobats had Continental O-200 engines
built under license by Rolls Royce, developing the same 100 hp that the
O-200 had in the United States. Some Reims Aerobats appear to have a

Rolls
Royce Continental O-240 engine with 130 hp, but I can't tell if Reims

built
it that way or if it was an aftermarket mod. In fact, I could only find
reference to three such aircraft. Two were in the UK accident database

and
one was for sale with a 'factory new' engine.

Searching back issues of Jane's from the 1970's produced nothing

(except,
of
course, the 172 Reims Rocket).

91 - 130HP (O-240) Cessna FRA150Ls were built between 1972 and 1974 by
Reims.

Old March 26th 04, 11:39 AM
Paul Sengupta

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
Some Reims Aerobats appear to have a Rolls
Royce Continental O-240 engine with 130 hp, but I can't tell if Reims

built
it that way or if it was an aftermarket mod. In fact, I could only find
reference to three such aircraft. Two were in the UK accident database and
one was for sale with a 'factory new' engine.

G-BCKU is one of them. You could only see sky on a Vx climbout.

It should be in the accident database twice, once when (this isn't
the official story) an instructor was blatting around low level and
hit a wire...cracked the screen and cut into the wing. He, as the
story goes, landed at a small strip (with student on board),
unwrapped the wire from around the wing, slung it under a hedge,
then flew back to base. This was when it was at Perth, and a friend of
mine was the ops guy. He told me about it and told me the reg. I said
I'd flown that plane.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?X29E258D7

From Perth it came to us at Cardiff. It was during this time I flew
it. It was also during this time that someone managed to twist the
wing doing unauthorised aeros. It just came back from a £15K
rebuild when someone crashed it. Second entry in the accident
database.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?O58E348D7

Paul

Old March 26th 04, 12:02 PM
Paul Sengupta

"Paul Sengupta" wrote in message

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
Some Reims Aerobats appear to have a Rolls
Royce Continental O-240 engine with 130 hp

G-BCKU is one of them.

Looks like it's owned by Stapleford Flying Club now.
http://www.caa.co.uk/srg/aircraft_re...nfo/search.asp
Stick G-BCKU in there. There's a nice photo.

http://www.flysfc.com
Seems like they do aero lessons in it.
Flights - Aerobatic - Aerobatic Cessna.

Did well in this - beginners level:
http://www.aerobatics.org.uk/results...att_trophy.htm
(as an aside, I see the second place was an Extra 300L!)

As if by coincidence, Stapleford was where I did my trial lesson
when I was in university, a few moons ago.

Paul