$98 per barrel oil

Old November 7th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default $98 per barrel oil

Well, boys and girls, here it comes. $4/gallon gas in America. This
will translate into $7/gallon avgas soon enough.

Our last fly-in guest at the hotel was almost two weeks ago... (And
we just had our 28th consecutive sell-out weekend, so business is
booming...)

:-(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 7th 07, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Yes - I have a name

I usually pay $1 per gallon more for avgas than for hi-test.

$4/gallon for regular will probably mean $4.50 for hi-test and $5.50 for
avgas. Not a lot of difference, but still not $7

ups.com...

Old November 7th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
www.surf www.surf is offline
Banned

To be happy in your country you are friendly invited to check it out
here in Italy...1 liter per 2 euros, that means we are already over
7$/gallon...in some aerodromes the price is also higher, 2.2?/liter,
we're still crying...
Stefan

ups.com...

Old November 7th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Jay Honeck wrote in news:1194445699.453892.326310
@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

Well, boys and girls, here it comes. $4/gallon gas in America. This
will translate into $7/gallon avgas soon enough.

Oh boo ****ing hoo.

Bertie

Old November 7th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul kgyy

On Nov 7, 8:28 am, Jay Honeck wrote:
Well, boys and girls, here it comes. $4/gallon gas in America. This
will translate into $7/gallon avgas soon enough.

And the Indians and Chinese are just getting started on buying new
cars. Wait 10 years.

Meanwhile Continental can't seem to produce their new (T)IO550 fast
enough. Go figure.

Maybe with another million troops we could occupy both Iran and Iraq
and get a special deal.

Old November 7th 07, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jay Honeck writes:

Well, boys and girls, here it comes. $4/gallon gas in America. This
will translate into $7/gallon avgas soon enough.

You'll survive. People in other countries have been paying similar prices for
years.
Old November 7th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc

Anthony, how much do you per for a gallon of avgas?

Old November 7th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"aluckyguess" wrote in :

The worst part is I dont see any end in sight.

Of course there is an end in sight. The oil won't last forever and hat will
be an end to the problem of rising prices. The last barrel will be almost
priceless and the price will rise slowly and then exponentially until then.
Or it could become worthless grime when someone invents Mr Fusion.

Either way.

Bertie
Old November 7th 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"www.surf" wind@surf wrote in news:4731e2e0$0$36444
:

To be happy in your country you are friendly invited to check it out
here in Italy...1 liter per 2 euros,

No it isn't. I was there the other day and the most expensive I saw was
about Euro 1.35/litre. Brits seem to have it the worst in Europe, but then
again it gives them somethig to blame their "guv'mint" for so it's
actually keeping them happy in the end.

Bertie