Any SR-71 Fans?

Old February 29th 04, 06:17 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Any SR-71 Fans?

Thanks to Bill Fox, a project coordinator at Lockheed for over 30 years, we
now have a Blackbird Suite unlike anything you've ever seen. See some pix
of it at:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/the_blackbird_suite.htm

Bill donated so much Lockheed artwork and memorabilia that we actually
couldn't use it all! In addition to the Blackbird stuff he gave us a TON of
U-2, F-22, and F-117A photos that we'll be hanging all over the inn from now
until the next decade...

Coolest of all -- we've got a REAL pitot static probe off of an SR-71. That
thing cost $35,000 in 1963 -- and now it's "art" in the suite! And, best of
all, he donated an autographed photo of the record-setting trans-Atlantic
flight crews. It's not pictured yet on the site (it's still at the frame
shop), but it's probably the slickest thing Bill gave us.

That record has stood now for THIRTY years! (Well, unless you believe in
the mythic "Aurora"?)

Sorry if this offends anyone as "Spam" -- but I'm just too jazzed by this
stuff to NOT share it with y'all... :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 29th 04, 06:40 PM
Peter Hovorka

Hi Jay,

let's make a deal: You can spam once for every time you write such a
(way!) cool King Air story!

*just kidding*

Great pictures - pity that you're so far away...

Peter

Old February 29th 04, 09:01 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Jay Honeck" said:
Bill donated so much Lockheed artwork and memorabilia that we actually
couldn't use it all! In addition to the Blackbird stuff he gave us a TON of

So where are the eBay auction numbers for the excess?

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
It's fun to mock old people. They're going to die soon anyway.
Old March 1st 04, 12:20 AM
Jay Honeck

So where are the eBay auction numbers for the excess?

No way -- they'll be put up in hallways, the meeting room, my basement rec
room...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 1st 04, 12:59 AM
MRQB

Yea there is one in McMinnville Oregon with the Spruce Goose i still have
not went there to see it but i here it is on display.

Old March 1st 04, 07:17 PM
lardsoup

To make it more authentic you need to have the roof leak and then out out
large metal drip pans around on the floor.

Old March 1st 04, 07:21 PM
Jay Honeck

To make it more authentic you need to have the roof leak and then out out
large metal drip pans around on the floor.

Ah, but it should stop leaking as things heat up, doncha know?

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA