Interesting New Brand of Trailer

Old March 2nd 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Interesting New Brand of Trailer

Our local trailer emporium is now carrying the SilverLite brand. I
saw one for the first time yesterday.

See http://www.silverlite.com/category.asp?id=1971

Overall I'm quite impressed. Quality of construction appears to be
excellent. Fit and finish of seams, joints, etc. was very well done.
Paint quality was top notch.

They have done something unique in the horse trailer world (at least
I've never seen it before even though I looked for something like this
a couple of years ago) and that's a "raising of the roof."

In most trailers you have a flat roof from front to back, meaning you
have to "crawl into" the goodneck bunk. These folks have raised the
roof over over the gooseneck about 24". This makes the trailer feel
much larger, allows for a skylight on the angle, and makes the whole
unit MUCH brighter.

The only "downside" I've seen is that they put the roof A/C on the
raised portion of the roof (at least on the one I saw). If I get one
I'll have it put on the lower part of the roof and use ducting to more
the air over the gooseneck bunk.

All in all it was a very well designed and well executed unit. Price
is less than a Featherlite and about on a par with Kieferbuilt. Or so
I'm told by the salesman. :-)
Bill Kambic
Haras Lucero, Kingston, TN
Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão
Old March 3rd 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
John Weiss[_1_]

wrote...

The only "downside" I've seen is that they put the roof A/C on the
raised portion of the roof (at least on the one I saw). If I get one
I'll have it put on the lower part of the roof and use ducting to more
the air over the gooseneck bunk.

The other BIG downside is it looks like it's damn hard to put any boats on
it! Too much space taken up with those big rails and things...

Probably wouldn't fit an airplane, either...

Old March 3rd 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 17:54:34 -0800, "John Weiss"
jrweiss98155nospamatnospamcomcastdotnospamnet wrote:

wrote...

The only "downside" I've seen is that they put the roof A/C on the
raised portion of the roof (at least on the one I saw). If I get one
I'll have it put on the lower part of the roof and use ducting to more
the air over the gooseneck bunk.

The other BIG downside is it looks like it's damn hard to put any boats on
it! Too much space taken up with those big rails and things...

Probably wouldn't fit an airplane, either...

Oops. Wrong group. Sorry about that.

Of course, if the Flying Professer were still with us this would not
be a problem. :-)

Bill Kambic
Haras Lucero, Kingston, TN
Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

Jaxida (or other brand) covers syoun10 Soaring 6 June 7th 06 07:51 PM
Brand New Best Sellers Products Santa Juice Products 0 March 23rd 06 06:53 AM
What brand of wax? [email protected] Owning 8 May 7th 05 04:40 AM
FS: Brand New 1-26 tire Slick Soaring 0 April 20th 04 02:32 PM
What about Brand "X"? Tom S. Owning 36 September 15th 03 06:51 PM