Landing KMBO - Shallow S turns on final Video

Old July 2nd 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Landing KMBO - Shallow S turns on final Video

Absolutely the rarest of rare days down here. CRYSTAL clear
conditions, can see the edge of earth.

Took 3 others up for a overflight of their home and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jmd1aaXH9U was the landing.

Since I had that extra weight that I was not used to, I carried a
touch more power then needed on base to final and had to do some
shallow S turns on final to lose the extra altitude.

Cameraman did something different and turned the camera on us on very
short final. Funny to see no reactions on landing, which I take is a
good thing :-)

At least now some can put a face to a posting anyhooooo......

Allen
Old July 2nd 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

On Jul 2, 1:14*pm, " wrote:
Absolutely the rarest of rare days down here. *CRYSTAL clear
conditions, can see the edge of earth.

Took 3 others up for a overflight of their home andhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jmd1aaXH9Uwas the landing.

Since I had that extra weight that I was not used to, I carried a
touch more power then needed on base to final and had to do some
shallow S turns on final to lose the extra altitude.

Your approach looked like a flat low power glide. Why not raise the
nose and add a bit of power to increase the sink rate?

Cheers
Old July 2nd 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jul 2, 3:58*pm, More_Flaps wrote:

Your approach looked like a flat low power glide. Why not raise the
nose and add a bit of power to increase the sink rate?

Cheers

Main reason I didn't raise the nose is I was already trimmed for
landing and my CG was toward the rear. I didn't feel comfortable
adding more nose up at that given moment.

The light thermals prevented some of the sink rate that I was
anticipating as well. Had it been pristine conditions, your way would
work just great as well.

KJAN and KMBO landing videos [email protected] Piloting 1 May 11th 08 12:37 PM
Video clip of an "interesting" final approach & landing Elmo von Thud Aviation Photos 3 October 7th 07 12:54 AM
'My Final Landing:' Suicide by Airplane NewsBOT Simulators 0 February 18th 05 10:46 PM
Final Landing Jay Honeck Piloting 22 January 23rd 05 11:15 PM
Concorde G-BOAG final landing David Brooks Piloting 12 November 8th 03 06:11 PM