The new Pentagon video

Old May 17th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default The new Pentagon video

The surveillance camera pix were released by the Pentagon today were on
the conspiracy theory sites since they started, and won't do anything
to bed the theorists' apprehensions (not that I believe them).

Did anyone here see anything in those pix that was conclusively one way
or the other? I couldn't.

Ramapriya

Old May 17th 06, 05:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message
oups.com...
The surveillance camera pix were released by the Pentagon
today were on the conspiracy theory sites since they started,
and won't do anything to bed the theorists' apprehensions
(not that I believe them).

Did anyone here see anything in those pix that was conclusively
one way or the other? I couldn't.

In the age of digital photography, and computer generated graphics, no
picture by itself can be believed. However, if eye witnesses back up the
picture then its accuracy becomes more reliable. Of course, a good paranoid
conspiracy believer will know that the eye witnesses are really part of the
clever diabolical plot by the government to hide the truth.

Old May 17th 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Tom Conner wrote:

In the age of digital photography, and computer generated graphics, no
picture by itself can be believed. However, if eye witnesses back up the
picture then its accuracy becomes more reliable. Of course, a good paranoid
conspiracy believer will know that the eye witnesses are really part of the
clever diabolical plot by the government to hide the truth.

I have to agree, there is nothing that will convince the conspiracy
morons. All the going to court to have this video released was just a
wast of time and money.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com
Old May 17th 06, 07:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Tom Conner wrote:

In the age of digital photography, and computer generated graphics, no
picture by itself can be believed. However, if eye witnesses back up the
picture then its accuracy becomes more reliable. Of course, a good paranoid
conspiracy believer will know that the eye witnesses are really part of the
clever diabolical plot by the government to hide the truth.

The most odd bit about the conspiracy theorists is their utter failure
to explain what then happened to the 757 itself and/or where its
passengers were lost. That hole in their conjecture is bigger than that
in the Pentagon.

Ramapriya

Old May 17th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Having been onsite for quite a number of airplane crashes, numerous
military aircraft, jets and piston, single and multi engine, the thing
that struck me was the lack of aircraft wreckage and the bodies of
occupants.
Curious that the hole was round and showed no evidence of the wings or
engines impacting the building. Large pieces of engines have been on
every crash site I ever photographed as part of an accident
investigation team.
I know the conspiracy buffs want to go someplace with it. I'd like to
know what in hell happened to all the aircraft parts and pieces? Even
the space shuittle left a lot of wreckage and bodies that were
identified from how big an explosion and how high?

Old May 17th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I know the conspiracy buffs want to go someplace with it. I'd like to
know what in hell happened to all the aircraft parts and pieces? Even
the space shuittle left a lot of wreckage and bodies that were
identified from how big an explosion and how high?

The other thing that's baffling to me are the eye-witnesses who "saw"
the plane hit the ground in front of the Pentagon, and slide (at a very
high rate of speed) into the building. There are dozens of photos
taken on 9/11 that show the Pentagon lawn in pristine condition
directly in front of the hole in the wall.

Here's a pretty funny site that nonetheless brings up some interesting
points:
http://thewebfairy.com/killtown/pentanium.html
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 17th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote in message
oups.com...
Having been onsite for quite a number of airplane crashes, numerous
military aircraft, jets and piston, single and multi engine, the thing
that struck me was the lack of aircraft wreckage and the bodies of
occupants.

Gee, there wasn't any at the crash site where Stewart Payne was killed. Do
you suppose that was faked so he wouldn't have to defend his US Open crown?

Curious that the hole was round and showed no evidence of the wings or
engines impacting the building. Large pieces of engines have been on
every crash site I ever photographed as part of an accident
investigation team.
I know the conspiracy buffs want to go someplace with it. I'd like to
know what in hell happened to all the aircraft parts and pieces? Even
the space shuittle left a lot of wreckage and bodies that were
identified from how big an explosion and how high?

Get a clue!!