Schweizer 1-35 canopy

Old September 4th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Schweizer 1-35 canopy

Hi all, I'm looking for a 1-35 canopy and/or canopy frame...An evil
barb-wire fence got the best of my canopy Saturday..
Yes I know about Thermotec....The $2100.00 is hard to swallow...Anyone
out there with a crunched up 1-35 that has a canopy for sale....I'm in
Oklahoma..
Thanks
Gary Guinn

918-704-0277

Old September 4th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

On Sep 4, 6:23*am, Jim Beckman wrote:
At 23:46 03 September 2008, wrote:

Hi all, I'm looking for a 1-35 canopy and/or canopy frame...

Please post and let us know what you end up doing. *There are others of us
that may be in the same boat in the future, what with flying an aging
glider. *I read on the 1-35 website that thermotec had lost the mold they
had been using for 1-35 canopies. *They may have other ways of making one,
though.

Jim Beckman

Thermotec made one for an LVVSA club member just a couple months ago.
Very spendy, but available. Worth having insurance on the glider?
Old September 5th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Beckman[_2_]

At 14:20 04 September 2008, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:

Thermotec made one for an LVVSA club member just a couple months ago.
Very spendy, but available. Worth having insurance on the glider?

Mind making spendy a little more specific? Just so it won't
be such a shock if it ever happens. I'm thinking about
general wear and tear and old age that might prompt a
canopy replacement, not an accident.

Jim Beckman

Old September 6th 08, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

On Sep 5, 9:38*am, Jim Beckman wrote:
At 14:20 04 September 2008, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:

Thermotec made one for an LVVSA club member just a couple months ago.
Very spendy, but available. Worth having insurance on the glider?

Mind making spendy a little more specific? *Just so it won't
be such a shock if it ever happens. *I'm thinking about
general wear and tear and old age that might prompt a
canopy replacement, not an accident.

Jim Beckman

Over $2,100.00 - well into YGBSM territory (I think our club member
also had it mounted, so the total was over $3k [insurance paid for
it]). OTOH, Todd's Canopies - under $500 (including shipping) as I
recall. Todd's are blown, not stretch molded, so more optical waves
are expected. I could put up with a lot of imperfections for that
price difference.
Old September 6th 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

On Sep 5, 8:07*pm, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:
On Sep 5, 9:38*am, Jim Beckman wrote:

At 14:20 04 September 2008, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:

Thermotec made one for an LVVSA club member just a couple months ago.
Very spendy, but available. Worth having insurance on the glider?

Mind making spendy a little more specific? *Just so it won't
be such a shock if it ever happens. *I'm thinking about
general wear and tear and old age that might prompt a
canopy replacement, not an accident.

Jim Beckman

Over $2,100.00 - well into YGBSM territory (I think our club member
also had it mounted, so the total was over $3k [insurance paid for
it]). *OTOH, Todd's Canopies - under $500 (including shipping) as I
recall. *Todd's are blown, not stretch molded, so more optical waves
are expected. *I could put up with a lot of imperfections for that
price difference.

BTW, 1-26, 2-22, 2-33, and I think even 2-32 canopies are blown. They
seem to work.
Old September 6th 08, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Thirkill

I had to replace my canopy three years ago due to a wind gust that slammed
it down with resultant damage. Fortunately, I have insurance. Cost was
covered, Thermotec created and installed the new canopy (note: you'll want
to take the fuselage on site so the canopy/frame can be properly fitted-)
and very pleased with the results. Dark canopy, outstanding clarity, very
nice.... Hopefully Ray at Thermotec has a new mold available.

Dan Thirkill

Old March 22nd 15, 11:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Gary ,

I am in need of one Canopy , preferably with frame for my 1-35 , front hinged . I would greatly appreciate any help or advise if I can purchase one . Many thanks .

Awaiting response .

Kind Regards ,

Wiwin Anggono
Jakarta Soaring ,
indonesia .
Celphone : +62 816 801059 .
Old March 22nd 15, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
skysailor

On Wednesday, September 3, 2008 at 5:46:53 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Hi all, I'm looking for a 1-35 canopy and/or canopy frame...An evil
barb-wire fence got the best of my canopy Saturday..
Yes I know about Thermotec....The $2100.00 is hard to swallow...Anyone
out there with a crunched up 1-35 that has a canopy for sale....I'm in
Oklahoma..
Thanks
Gary Guinn

918-704-0277

Besides expensive Thermotec was a very frustrating company for me to deal with . Their lack of communicating in a timely manner, being unavailable and out right lying means I would not support them no matter how cheap they were. His product though is very good. Orlan Dowdeswell Regina Gliding Club Canada
Old March 23rd 15, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, September 3, 2008 at 7:46:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi all, I'm looking for a 1-35 canopy and/or canopy frame...An evil
barb-wire fence got the best of my canopy Saturday..
Yes I know about Thermotec....The $2100.00 is hard to swallow...Anyone
out there with a crunched up 1-35 that has a canopy for sale....I'm in
Oklahoma..
Thanks
Gary Guinn

918-704-0277

heard K&L was making canopies. A friend of mine has been talking to them wrt a 1-34 canopy.

Looking for a Schweizer 2-32 canopy [email protected] Soaring 3 November 1st 05 08:37 PM
Schweizer 2-32 stephanevdv Soaring 8 July 14th 05 12:42 AM
Schweizer 1-36 Jack Soaring 4 July 3rd 05 04:17 AM
FS: Schweizer 1-34 F.L. Whiteley Soaring 1 June 5th 04 07:17 AM
FS: Schweizer 1-34, Schweizer Open Trailer F.L. Whiteley Soaring 2 April 10th 04 02:52 AM