Aeronautical Engineering Help needed

Old December 27th 03, 12:58 AM
RR Urban

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 16:35:10 -0600, "John Stricker"
wrote:

shakes head, walks away

There are about 10 people I miss from here dating back long before you ever
heard of rah. Good thing the telephone and private emails still work.

John Stricker

"Larry Smith" wrote in message

"John Stricker" wrote in message
Once again I'm reminded why I don't bother to post here much anymore.

Admit you took a poke and got poked back, Stickler. And then you sent

your
illiterate toadie BYB in to throw poo.

yawn

As usual, you flatter yourself.

For the record Latchless, I have you filtered out.
Only because of John's post, do I see this your "poo" of yours.

True enough....
John and I have been good friends for some time.
But NEVER, EVER has you name ever passed between
our lips. Of all the things we could waste time on...
it will never, ever be about you. You can take that
to the bank, 'poo-poo' one.

P.S.
Call me a toadie if you will, but it's sad that you can't find
a friend here. However, you would have to be one first....
and we all know that ain't gonna happen with the brand of
'poo' you are obsessed to dole out. If you were a dog, you
would have been put down and out of your misery.....
and ours, long ago.

Barnyard BOb --
The more people I meet,
the more I love my dog
and George Carlin humor.
Old December 27th 03, 01:52 AM
Larry Smith

wrote in message ...

And here's another nameless psychoboob, terrified of divulging its identity.
It neither builds nor flies (but tells tall tales about itself and brags
itself to death) and parks its 3-mortgage double-wide in the midst of the
dry woods in wildfire country, where it burned. And then it brings its
greasy baggage and all its tearful details into a NG for brave,
swashbuckling, independent and daring homebuilt aircraft builders. I can't
stand it any longer. I must sign off and weep awhile for assatassdotass
whose ass burnt up in a wildfire.

Old December 27th 03, 02:19 AM
Larry Smith

"RR Urban" wrote usual boarhog titstuff in message

Hey, you illiterate BoOb, are you still giving Wingy a "wide birth"?

Old December 27th 03, 02:49 AM
Nicholas Cafarelli

Looking for modelling software, not people... Looking to do some
analysis of some designs. Something along the lines of a virtual wind
tunnel testing, stress and load testing, etc... There has to be
someone with a clue in this group somewhere. (Hoping, atleast)

Wingco used the X-plane simulator to help with their new design.

http://www.wingco.com

http://www.x-plane.com

Profili and xfoil are serious tools for airfoil analysis. Profili is
an inexpensive front end for xfoil. xfoil recently became freeware.

http://www.profili2.com/eng/default.htm

There are many other firms offering software packages for aircraft
design. Spend some time learning about structuring Google queries and
you will find them. Seriously.

http://www.google.com/help/

Aircraft design is dead serious. The more you know the more dangerous
you become - you can die or cause others to die.

I do not mean to discourage you. However, ... beware.

Only airtime proves airframes.

Fly right.

nc
Old December 27th 03, 04:14 PM
John Stricker

This is going to be my last post on the subject. Probably shouldn't even do
it, but what the heck.

Back in the old Tecumseh thread, you wrote "All the Tecumsehs I've seen have
positive pressure oil pumps." Now in this thread you write "And, btw, most
of those Tecumsehs do not have oil pumps". So which is it, mister
all-knowing, all seeing?

I don't give a flying fart what you do, have done, or will do. It does
bother me when you give people advice or shoot your big mouth off that might
cause them problems. Case in point, I did (incorrectly) say that that
series of Tecumseh didn't have an oil pump. What you fail to mention is
that I went on with my post and had another 2 or three paragraphs why I
thought mounting it at that angle with the cylinder down was a bad idea that
had nothing to do with the oil pump.

What did you offer as help, Larry? Nothing? Big surprise.

In this thread, you wrote "Call Nat Puffer. He'll be tickled to help you."
I know Nat. I've met him. I've emailed him. He has a good reputation of
being helpful until you want to make changes on HIS design. BTDT. Then he
sends you nasty little emails saying things to the effect "I'll never answer
your emails again".

Your post gave no indication that you were being sarcastic. In fact, Karel
Adams responded to your post with Nat's email address, so apparently I
wasn't the only "literal-minded schlump".

Maybe you should get out of the attack mode and actually engage that all
powerful brain of yours before you begin to open your mouth or hammer on the
keyboard and actually try to contribute something helpful once in a while.
Does it make you feel really big and strong to butcher people's names,
Larry? OOOOHHH, Stickler, how clever. Never heard that one before, NOT..
You "lurked" here in the "late nineties". Wow. Color me not impressed.
Was that when mommy finally bought you a 'puter for your birthday or was it
just the time that you finally got electricity and running water into your
trailer park? Fact of the matter is you're a newbie who thinks he knows a
hell of a lot more about the people, relationships, and interactions here
than he will ever really know. I, for one, am perfectly content to allow
you to continue on your path of ignorant bliss.

As to who I count as friends that I've met here and through my travels over
the years, all you need to know on that is that you're not one of them.
Beyond that it's none of your business. And as far as being "whipped", the
day I worry about being whipped by you is the day you actually get to buy
your latches in person from the factory.

Thanks for letting everyone know where you're based, makes it much easier to
avoid. If you fly like you post I don't want to be in the same traffic
pattern with you.

John Stricker

"Larry Smith" wrote in message

"John Stricker" wrote in message
shakes head, walks away

There are about 10 people I miss from here dating back long before you

ever
heard of rah.

In other words if you don't have seniority (or didn't drink rotgut with us
at Pinkneyville) you're not admitted to our clique. Well, look John, I
like being friendly but when slapped I slap back. Besides, I was lurking
here in the late nineties. You slapped first, right out of the blue and
were wrong besides. Was O-Ring also in your little clique? He's into
that snotty stuff too, slapping and then not expecting to get slapped

back.
And it looks like if you're going to call someone's hand, you'd have your
facts correct.

You two and that creepy old mazooran remind me of the schoolyard bully who
goes around throwing sand in everybody's face. One day he throws sand in
the wrong face and gets whupped. Then he goes crying to the teacher
whining how he's been savagely attacked.

You just come along to our little chili cookoff and we'll slip an extra
habanero into yours too.

Which reminds me. Today after reveling over our triumph with one 172, I
began negotiating for another one and it looks like I got another hobby
horse needing a top and a paint job. The plastic project is in the

garage
downstairs.

Welp, we just had the duckiest day at KFQD, sun shining, people laughing,
kids playing (one of them riding up and down the taxiways in a one-wheel
bike) and I flew over and buzzed the fuddydudds at ZERO alpha 7 where the

wind was blowing like hell. Gosh, what a sunny day, and everybody,

unlike
this mordant NG, was delightfully happy. WTF is wrong with you, John?
Can't you be a happy boy?

And, btw, most of those Tecumsehs do not have oil pumps. But I still had
to slap you around a little for having come along and thrown sand.

Good thing the telephone and private emails still work.

Ah, hell, mine don't and she who must be obeyed is always on the phone.
Guess I'll give in and go cellular.

John the Stickler

Lighten up a little, Stickler.

Old December 27th 03, 07:29 PM
wmbjk

Larry Smith wrote:

Hey, you illiterate BoOb, are you still giving Wingy a "wide birth"?

Latchless commenting on literacy? Now I've seen everything. What next
Professor, a lecture on avoiding thesaurus abuse? A search for that
topic brought up this article
http://www.strike-the-root.com/colum...decoster1.html It
sounds so much like you that it's creepy. One question comes to mind -
would you say that writing in that style is more or less painful than a
toothache?

Wayne

Old December 28th 03, 01:35 AM
Larry Smith

"John Stricker" wrote in message
This is going to be my last post on the subject. Probably shouldn't even

do
it, but what the heck. [You were going to walk away, last I heard.]

Summing up:
You made 1. a gratuitous attack and 2. provided FALSE information. 3. You
weren't trying to help anyone but to wank your insecure ego in public. 4.
It's not nice to lie.

I tried to compromise a little with you but you are an ass and want to start
a fight. GFY. And if I want to be in any pattern I'll be there, flying
it by the book, while you have a reputation for playing fast and loose. You
are the reckless one with low character people should beware of in the
pattern, as well as in RAH.

You attacked and got slapped around. Get over it and move on.
8888888888888888888888888888888888888

22° down at the spark plug is quite a bit. Contrary to what Smith thinks,
the LEV doesn't have an oil pump, [SOME DO THOUGH*] it's a simple vertical
shaft motor. But I
haven't seen him be right about too much on here yet, so that's not too
surprising.
---- STICKLER PICKING NITS, SHOWING HIS ARSE, AND BEING, WELL, A STICKLER
*************************
Ol' Stickler may not be as bright as he thinks he is:

Tecumseh 5 HP Engine, Model# LEV115-350041D

Tecumseh Remote control mechanical compression release Recoil start; solid
state ignition Mechanical governor; oil pump; float carburetor 7/8in. x 3
5/32in. shaft; 3/16in. keyway; 3/8in.-24 tapped end Model LEV115-350041D
U.S.A.

Old December 28th 03, 05:12 AM
RR Urban

Larry Smith wrote:

Hey, you illiterate BoOb, are you still giving Wingy a "wide birth"?

Latchless commenting on literacy? Now I've seen everything. What next
Professor, a lecture on avoiding thesaurus abuse? A search for that
topic brought up this article
http://www.strike-the-root.com/colum...decoster1.html It
sounds so much like you that it's creepy. One question comes to mind -
would you say that writing in that style is more or less painful than a
toothache?

Wayne

If Latchless was literate, "wide BERTH" would have been used.
Dorks like him give North Carolina hillbillies a bad name.

Idiom:
a wide berth

Ample space or distance to avoid an unwanted consequence:
gave their angry colleague a wide berth.

Barnyard BOb --

Old December 28th 03, 11:30 AM
Larry Smith

If Latchless was literate, "wide BERTH" would have been used.
Dorks like him give North Carolina hillbillies a bad name.

The proper expression is "if latchless WERE literate," but of course pests
from mazoora have their own vernacular. And poor memories too.

Idiom:
a wide berth

Ample space or distance to avoid an unwanted consequence:
gave their angry colleague a wide berth.

Yeah, I taught you that, because you printed in this NG sometime back (and
were so ashamed after you said it that you didn't want it archived for
posterity) that henceforth you were giving Wingy "a wide birth."

Now go study the verb "lie, lay, lain." You have big trouble with it.
You don't want to die illiterate, do you?

Web site info needed dave Home Built 1 December 3rd 03 04:12 AM
parachute needed VO Aerobatics 1 November 25th 03 12:35 AM
Cable parts needed in Dallas dave Home Built 4 October 23rd 03 04:12 AM
0-235 lyc cylinders needed (3) Captain Dave Home Built 0 October 8th 03 08:00 PM
PSRU - Universal Engineering Merle Wagner Home Built 0 July 7th 03 12:38 AM