Reality-XP Garmin 530 GPS

Old February 13th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
wan2fly99

Default Reality-XP Garmin 530 GPS

Has anybody used this addon for any of the planes in FS9?

Is it easy to install?

Does it replace the default GPS?
Old March 5th 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
akiley

On Feb 12, 6:16 pm, wan2fly99 wrote:
Has anybody used this addon for any of the planes in FS9?

Is it easy to install?

Does it replace the default GPS?

Hi, I downloaded and installed for FS9 quite a while back. It's nice
because it does all the detailed stuff, the MSFS one does't. I don't
remember having any problem. One item was that the included HSI
didn't work right. Can't remember the details, but it wasn't really
needed. You can just turn the MSFS off by hitting the little GPS
icon, then use the Reality-XP one, no problems. There are some
interesting key strokes with this GPS. Like right clicking the bottom
edge for cursor mode.

Sorry, I can't remember much more because I fried my PC, and my new
one isn't up to speed yet. Also been spending lots of time with X-
Planes because I found a good Duchess panel for it. Getting my multi
engine rating in a real Duchess, so it's a major help. ... akiley
Old March 6th 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
wan2fly99

Getting rating? Good I had gotten mine in a Seminole

Do yu have any material on hadnling an overspeed prop? Trying to
remember what I had learned

Might get the Garmin then Have that in a Navajo that I fly witht a
friend

Old March 8th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
akiley

akileywrote:
[...]

For the Duchess, the procedure for overspeed prop is just to reduce
throttle, then check oil pressure, pull prop control back to try to
get it working again. If no joy, then keep rpm below 2700 with
throttle only and land sooner than later.

I also flew a Seneca I. There overspeed is close throttle, slow to
best rate of climb, pull prop to low rpm, slowly increase throttle
till govenor engaged, slowly increase prop and throttle.

.... akiley