Leaving the community

Old November 4th 04, 09:37 PM
Newps

Michael 182 wrote:

Cecil,

Repeat after me. Never, never, never argue second amendment rights in a
newsgroup. If you need frustration try teaching your dog not to chase
rabbits. In fact, you have a better chance of succeeding there than you do
in converting NRA members.

Right. You would have an easier time banning cars.
Old November 4th 04, 09:38 PM
Jay Beckman

"Newps" wrote in message

Matt Whiting wrote:

He's only a hunter when there is a camera around.

What's really funny was how god damned stupid he looked in his tan color
Carhart coat he wore the last few weeks of the campaign. Trying to pass
himself off as some kind of working stiff. Damn thing was so new and
stiff it would stand up by itself on the floor. He looked like an idiot
in that thing. Like Dukakis in the tank fer christ sake.

If the camera had zoomed out just a little bit, you might have been able to
see the guys in turbans reloading.

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
PP-ASEL

Old November 4th 04, 09:38 PM
Icebound

"kontiki" wrote in message
Then sell your car(s) and your airplane... and your snowmobile... boat
too.
Lawnmower and chainsaw while you are at it.

In the grand scheme of things, our cars use an amount of gasoline several
magnitudes higher than all our private airplanes, snowmobiles, lawnmowers
and chainsaws combined. Maybe a better urban and inter-urban public transit
system, (and less marketing emphasis on automobile horsepower) would allow
us to dramatically reduce auto fuel-usage and still enjoy our airplanes,
snowmobiles, lawnmowers and chainsaws for many eons to come.

Of course you won't need
medicine or anything made of plastic either.

We are over-prescribed anyway :-) .

Old November 4th 04, 09:42 PM
Newps

John T wrote:

Face it: The Democrats have no base outside the urban areas of this country
and their values apparently are out of line with a majority of the voters.
They need to reconsider their platform if they want to appeal to American
voters again.

This is driven home by the red/blue map of the country. But get the map
that is divided by county and not just by state. Compare to the same
map for 2000. Another couple of elections like this and the Democratic
party will cease to exist.
Old November 4th 04, 09:43 PM
Newps

Jim Fisher wrote:

Comparing gay folks to "colored" people is just utter bullsquat. If I were
black, I'd smack people who say this upside the face. If you weren't such a
generally nice feller, this honkey would wanna smack you.

Black folks do just that. Look for the vote breakdowns against the gay
marriage bills on the ballot.
Old November 4th 04, 09:49 PM
Morgans

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote

If you want to
own one today, you have to obtain a permit from BATF for each weapon. This

requires
that you pass essentially the same investigations necessary to get a top

secret
security clearance and pay a hefty fee (in 1981, the fee was $600 per

weapon). Many
States also require a separate investigation and permit, and some States

will not
allow private citizens to own them at all.

George Patterson

Unless you are a crook. You can get all the automatic weapons you want, or
have money to buy, then.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old November 4th 04, 10:11 PM
Morgans

"Michael" wrote in message
om...
You're overreacting - cutting off your nose to spite your face.

This community is a lot more diverse than you think it is. It's just
that some of us make it a point to keep religion and politics out of
it, because this isn't the right place. Everyone (myself included)
loses it sometimes, when something just can't be left unanswered, but
it's a bad idea. Best to leave it unanswered anyway, and killfile the
posters who keep doing it. The group becomes a lot easier to read,
and you don't miss much that's useful.

Speaking plainly, political and religious comments don't belong here,
and posting them here is uncivil at best. The nature of the political
and religious content on these newsgroups is probably less of a
reflection of the community as a whole and more a reflection of the
inability of those who express these ideas here to find the proper
place and keep it there. Any conclusions you might draw between the
tendency to post political and religious beliefs where they are
clearly inappropriate and the nature of those beliefs are up to you.

Michael

Well put.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old November 4th 04, 10:14 PM
John T

"Frank" wrote in message

In fact he was, in effect, advocating raising his own taxes.

Nothing is preventing him from paying more, if that's what he wants. I
recommend he start by giving more money to charities.

And while we're on the subject of Kerry's (Theresa's) wealth.... I
will never understand why this was seen as such a negative.

I don't begrudge his wealth at all. I do find it difficult to believe that
*the* richest man in the US Congress is looking out for "the common man." I
doubt he really understands the "common man's" experience. What we need is
more "common men" in Congress looking out for the "common man."

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Old November 4th 04, 10:14 PM
Jay Beckman

"Morgans" wrote in message

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote

If you want to
own one today, you have to obtain a permit from BATF for each weapon.
This

requires
that you pass essentially the same investigations necessary to get a top

secret
security clearance and pay a hefty fee (in 1981, the fee was $600 per

weapon). Many
States also require a separate investigation and permit, and some States

will not
allow private citizens to own them at all.

George Patterson

Unless you are a crook. You can get all the automatic weapons you want,
or
have money to buy, then.
--
Jim in NC

And this is news how?

The bad guys have always been able to aquire whatever they want if there is
enough time and/or money to put to use.

Substitue booze for automatic weapons and you're describing Prohibition.

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
PP-ASEL

Old November 4th 04, 10:43 PM
Greg Butler

Uh huh. Which polls are these? Are they compiled by the same ones
compiling the exit polling data?

This is a prime example of the ignorance of so many people. The exit polls
on election day were actually amazingly accurate. What many people like you
should learn before you start spouting off is what actually happened.
Results from the exit polls was leaked before the polls were complete, i.e.
around 3 or 4 pm, before the polls were closed. The blogging community took
the leak and ran with it. Of course those numbers are not going to be
accurate since the poll is not yet finished! The polling data at the end of
the day was accuate. And yes, the demographic and rationale data is just as
accurate.

Leaving the community David Brooks Instrument Flight Rules 556 November 30th 04 08:08 PM
aero-domains for anybody in the aviation community secura Aviation Marketplace 1 June 26th 04 07:37 PM
Unruly Passengers SelwayKid Piloting 88 June 5th 04 08:35 AM
Report Leaving Assigned Altitude? John Clonts Instrument Flight Rules 81 March 20th 04 02:34 PM
Big Kahunas Jay Honeck Piloting 360 December 20th 03 12:59 AM