Can someone answer me a ?

Old August 31st 05, 12:06 PM
Sticky_314

Default Can someone answer me a ?

Hi. I've recently gotten into my MS Flight Simulator 2004 program and
actually learning all the different radio flying techniques. But I was
wonder. Are the radio towers frequencies in that simulator the same as they
are in the Real World? And if so. Can anyone point me to a website that has
a listing or a map actually of the towers locations and they're frequencies?
I want to try a cross country flight in the simulator. But I don't wanna fly
it blind. Thanks

Sticky_314

Old August 31st 05, 04:08 PM
Me

The VOR and tower frequencies I've seen on maps and of my local
airfiled are the same as in MS Flight Sim. Best to ask in
alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim as its quite a busy newsgroup. I'd be
interested in finding a list/map of frequencies myself

Me

Old August 31st 05, 05:39 PM
Chris G.

http://www.airnav.com and http://www.myairplane.com will be useful for
you. Also, you may consider looking at VATSIM for online flying. It's
fun as well, plus there are people (ATC) you can talk to, depending on
location and time of day. http://www.vatsim.net

Chris

wrote:

Hi. I've recently gotten into my MS Flight Simulator 2004 program and
actually learning all the different radio flying techniques. But I was
wonder. Are the radio towers frequencies in that simulator the same as they
are in the Real World? And if so. Can anyone point me to a website that has
a listing or a map actually of the towers locations and they're frequencies?
I want to try a cross country flight in the simulator. But I don't wanna fly
it blind. Thanks

FlightSim is pretty accurate when it comes to real world frequencies.
I've found a few discrepancies but they're very few and far between.
I've yet to find a navaid that's not accurate - only a couple CTAF
frequencies in 2002. Haven't played with 2004 much to see if those
inaccuracies still exist.

Sectional/TAC charts of your area will net you all you need. Might
need charts from outside your area if it's really long X-country.
Also, an AFD (Airport Facilities Directory) will provide all the info
you could ever want for airfields in your area. Again, you may need
an AFD from another area to cover all your bases. AFDs and charts are
updated regularly so if you really want to remain current, use a
subscription service (I use ipilot.com) and have 'em shipped off to
you automatically.

Any pilot shop (online or storefront) can get you those charts/AFDs -
and they're pretty darned inexpensive as well.

Old August 31st 05, 10:06 PM
Tom Gibson

Hi,

You do know you can go to World/Map and plot your way across the entire
country, right? And you can use a flight plan to generate this
automatically? And you can print out the Nav Log from the flight plan
so you can follow along?

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

Cal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com