Jantar Standard Canopy

Old June 25th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jmarc

Default Jantar Standard Canopy

Is that possible to buy somewhere only the plastic
part of the Jantar canopy? I should probably take a look at
the "ceebaileys" like the previous post said for the Blanik.

But I think it will not be available that way. So I post here to know
if anybody have very good condition Jantar canopy used, to sell..?

jmarc...
Old June 25th 09, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Henryk Birecki

I do not have information, but you may want to specify which Jantar
Std. 3 has different type of canopy than 2 and I am not sure if one
from 1 fits 2.

Henryk Birecki

Old June 25th 09, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

But I think it will not be available that way. *So I post here to
know
if anybody have very good condition Jantar canopy used, to sell..?

Since it's a Std 2, now you should specify whether you need the front,
rear, or both sections since it's a 2 piece'r... There is a canopy
part that may be able to be fit for the rear section on wings & wheels
if you scroll down the page some...

http://www.wingsandwheels.com/Used%20Parts.htm

I know where a good canopy mounted to a frame for a Std 3 is should
you want to upgrade to a single piece canopy (there's already a few
2's out there with this conversion), although that's a 337 surgery as
opposed to mere maintenance... it sure is a nice view though!

-Paul
Old June 26th 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jmarc

You are right again. We need only the rear part.
I took a look at the wings & wheels site. But not sure
if I saw the one you talked about! Is seems to be
a one piece full canopy without the little door.. So
I will get more informations from the dealer..

But the best way is to find out

So, lurking on the newgroup, I learn about the MecaPlex
company. They seems to be the best place to get a
replacement canopy. Maybe they built original parts for
glider constructors, too! But it might be a bit pricy.

The best might be

So if nobody here on the net have good condition used
canopy, I probably contact them to know how much it
will cost for the plastic part (hoping the door will be

Old June 26th 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jmarc

You are right again. We need only the rear part!

I took a look at the wings & wheels site. But not sure
if I saw the one you talked about! Is seems to be
a one piece full canopy without the little door.. So
I will get more informations from the dealer..

Our Jantar is a SZD48-1 Standard 2
Once again, the best way is to find out there a used canopy
in pretty good condition..

Old July 1st 09, 05:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Adam

"sisu1a" wrote in message

But I think it will not be available that way. So I post here to

know
if anybody have very good condition Jantar canopy used, to sell..?

Since it's a Std 2, now you should specify whether you need the front,
rear, or both sections since it's a 2 piece'r... *There is a canopy
part that may be able to be fit for the rear section on wings & wheels
if you scroll down the page some...

http://www.wingsandwheels.com/Used%20Parts.htm

I know where a good canopy mounted to a frame for a Std 3 is should
you want to upgrade to a single piece canopy (there's already a few
2's out there with this conversion), although that's a 337 surgery as
opposed to mere maintenance... *it sure is a nice view though!

-Paul

Perhaps try joining and posting to the Jantar group on Yahoo.

/Adam
Old July 1st 09, 05:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Adam

"sisu1a" wrote in message

But I think it will not be available that way. So I post here to

know
if anybody have very good condition Jantar canopy used, to sell..?

Since it's a Std 2, now you should specify whether you need the front,
rear, or both sections since it's a 2 piece'r... *There is a canopy
part that may be able to be fit for the rear section on wings & wheels
if you scroll down the page some...

http://www.wingsandwheels.com/Used%20Parts.htm

I know where a good canopy mounted to a frame for a Std 3 is should
you want to upgrade to a single piece canopy (there's already a few
2's out there with this conversion), although that's a 337 surgery as
opposed to mere maintenance... *it sure is a nice view though!

-Paul

FWIW, the seller of that canopy recently owned a Jantar Std 2.

//Adam
Old August 2nd 09, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

On Jun 25, 7:11*am, "jmarc" wrote:
Is that possible to buy somewhere only the plastic
part of the Jantar canopy? *I should probably take a look at
the "ceebaileys" like the previous post said for the Blanik.

But I think it will not be available that way. *So I post here to know
if anybody have very good condition Jantar canopy used, to sell..?

jmarc...

if your still looking...
http://adverts.gliderpilot.net/?op=s3&id=338

-Paul
Old August 22nd 17, 04:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Are you always looking for a canopy for your jantar ?
I have one for sale for 1000CAD
Link of the advice: http://wingsandwheels.com/class/classified.php?id=2398
Pleasure