Patch

Old August 9th 07, 09:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Panic

Default Patch

Someone sent me a B-58 Hustler patch with a white background. I'd like to
trim the white background out and just leave the patch. I tried
PaintShopPro but the only method I see is laboriously and carefully delete
the white. Does someone here have a program to delete just the background?
I'll post it here. It's very large but I'd like to edit the background out
before I reduce the size.

Thanks.

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler Web Site
http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1
USAF Pilot Class 55-I Web Site
http://pilotclass55india.org

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ColdWarB-58.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	418.6 KB
ID:	16001
Old August 9th 07, 10:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

Default Patch (00/10)

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 13:14:11 -0700, "Panic" wrote:

Someone sent me a B-58 Hustler patch with a white background. I'd like to
trim the white background out and just leave the patch. I tried
PaintShopPro but the only method I see is laboriously and carefully delete
the white. Does someone here have a program to delete just the background?
I'll post it here. It's very large but I'd like to edit the background out
before I reduce the size.

Thanks.

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler Web Site
http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1
USAF Pilot Class 55-I Web Site
http://pilotclass55india.org

I'm not sure of your purpose--are you trying to simply paste it on
another image, as I've done here with a B58 pic somebody else had
posted? Let me know. In any case, I've also attached a PSP file of
the patch with a transparent background. There are several easy ways
of creating it.

I'm also guessing that a more savvy PSP or Photoshop user will know
the easiest way!
Old August 10th 07, 01:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
muff528

"Panic" wrote in message
Someone sent me a B-58 Hustler patch with a white background. I'd like to
trim the white background out and just leave the patch. I tried
PaintShopPro but the only method I see is laboriously and carefully delete
the white. Does someone here have a program to delete just the
background?
I'll post it here. It's very large but I'd like to edit the background
out
before I reduce the size.

Thanks.

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler Web Site
http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1
USAF Pilot Class 55-I Web Site
http://pilotclass55india.org

Here's a low res tif file if you can use it.
I can send this at about 4mb size if it works out.
TP

Old August 10th 07, 01:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Panic

"muff528" wrote in message

"Panic" wrote in message
Someone sent me a B-58 Hustler patch with a white background. I'd like
trim the white background out and just leave the patch. I tried
PaintShopPro but the only method I see is laboriously and carefully
delete
the white. Does someone here have a program to delete just the
background?
I'll post it here. It's very large but I'd like to edit the background
out
before I reduce the size.

Thanks.

Here's a low res tif file if you can use it.
I can send this at about 4mb size if it works out.
TP

I tried opening it in PaintShopPro and it wouldn't work. In Windows Picture
and Fax Viewer it came out with light pastel colors and not much detail. If
you would try sending me that 4mb file I'll see how that one works.

Old August 10th 07, 03:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

"Panic" wrote in message
Someone sent me a B-58 Hustler patch with a white background. I'd like
trim the white background out and just leave the patch. I tried
PaintShopPro but the only method I see is laboriously and carefully
delete
the white. Does someone here have a program to delete just the
background?
I'll post it here. It's very large but I'd like to edit the background
out
before I reduce the size.

Thanks.

Here's a low res tif file if you can use it.
I can send this at about 4mb size if it works out.
TP

I tried opening it in PaintShopPro and it wouldn't work. In Windows Picture
and Fax Viewer it came out with light pastel colors and not much detail. If
you would try sending me that 4mb file I'll see how that one works.

Mine should have worked for you, especially since it was a PSP image.
Did you try it?
Old August 10th 07, 04:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Joe Friday[_2_]

Try this....it's a TIFF from Photoshop, and it has a transparent background
layer. Sorry for the size! I had to shrink it a little to make it upload!

Old August 10th 07, 12:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
muff528

OOPS! tried to upload "too big" file.
check your email -- png file seems to work
ok in paint shop.
TP

Old August 12th 07, 06:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Just Plane Noise wrote in
:

[...]

use photoshop and save it as a png file

Patch Jim[_10_] Naval Aviation 3 May 24th 07 10:52 AM
USAF(?) unit patch ID Allen Thomson Military Aviation 63 June 18th 05 07:48 PM
MS FS2004 - No CD patch Silent Bob. Simulators 15 December 2nd 04 09:16 PM
FS2004 patch Mike Kirkland Simulators 9 October 19th 04 05:57 AM
No CD Patch Dave Schwartz Simulators 5 April 20th 04 12:10 AM