Blanik

Old September 17th 10, 11:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

Default Blanik

I've heard that LET is currently investigating whether working out a fix
for the Blanik is feasable and reasonable. Rumour says that they are
trying to find out how many Blaniks are still in use and that it will
depend on the demand whether they will develop such a fix or not.

So all interested owners of a Blanik should show their interest and send
a short mail to .
Old September 17th 10, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Canav8

On Sep 17, 3:39*am, John Smith wrote:
I've heard that LET is currently investigating whether working out a fix
for the Blanik is feasable and reasonable. Rumour says that they are
trying to find out how many Blaniks are still in use and that it will
depend on the demand whether they will develop such a fix or not.

So all interested owners of a Blanik should show their interest and send
a short mail to .

Right now the answer is Zero. None are in use. Can anyone verify this
solicitation. Has someone already informed Aircraft Industries of how
many Blaniks that were affected by the recent actions of EASA? Has
anyone at the FAA given statistical information to them? How about
economic impact? Seriously? regards, D
Old September 17th 10, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surfer![_2_]

"John Smith" wrote in message
I've heard that LET is currently investigating whether working out a fix
for the Blanik is feasable and reasonable.

Where did you hear this?

Old September 17th 10, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

Surfer! wrote:
I've heard that LET is currently investigating whether working out a
fix for the Blanik is feasable and reasonable.

Where did you hear this?

I've read it on an Austrian gliding web site which is mostly reliable
(www.streckenflug.at).
Old September 18th 10, 06:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Sep 17, 10:36*am, Canav8 wrote:
On Sep 17, 3:39*am, John Smith wrote:

I've heard that LET is currently investigating whether working out a fix
for the Blanik is feasable and reasonable. Rumour says that they are
trying to find out how many Blaniks are still in use and that it will
depend on the demand whether they will develop such a fix or not.

So all interested owners of a Blanik should show their interest and send
a short mail to .

Right now the answer is Zero. None are in use. Can anyone verify this
solicitation. Has someone already informed Aircraft Industries of how
many Blaniks that were affected by the recent actions of EASA? Has
anyone at the FAA given statistical information to them? How about
economic impact? Seriously? regards, D

I'm still trying to collect information from the US owners, getting a
response or two daily. I've yet to hear of an A.I. effort, but I hope
it's a work in progress. It will take some time yet just for the US
numbers.

Frank Whiteley
Old September 18th 10, 07:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The first AD's mandated that information be sent to the Mfg.

I have not heard of any response from the Mfg.

I think they can figure out from their various dealers, plus the on-
line registries of the FAA and other countries related government
agencies, how many are in service (A LOT, IMO) and they know how many
they built!

For now, let's put some more comments on the FAA website! Of the
thousands that have flown Blaniks in the USA, I can't believe only
less than 20 have done so!

Aerodyne
Old September 18th 10, 08:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surfer![_2_]

"John Smith" wrote in message
. ..
Surfer! wrote:
I've heard that LET is currently investigating whether working out a
fix for the Blanik is feasable and reasonable.

Where did you hear this?

I've read it on an Austrian gliding web site which is mostly reliable
(www.streckenflug.at).

That is a big and busy website. How about providing the exact URL instead
of leaving us hunting around for it - or not?

Old September 18th 10, 10:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

Surfer! wrote:
I've heard that LET is currently investigating whether working out a
fix for the Blanik is feasable and reasonable.

Where did you hear this?

I've read it on an Austrian gliding web site which is mostly reliable
(www.streckenflug.at).

That is a big and busy website. How about providing the exact URL
instead of leaving us hunting around for it - or not?

Look closer before you rant. The message is on the main page, so this
*is* the exact URL. Scroll down to 2010-09-17. Be forewarned, though,
that it doesn't say more than I did, and does so in German.
Old September 18th 10, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pat Russell[_2_]

Sign the petition.

http://www.petitiononline.com/blanik/petition.html

It is alleged that this will help.
Old September 19th 10, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Hanke

On Sep 18, 9:27*am, Pat Russell wrote:
Sign the petition.

http://www.petitiononline.com/blanik/petition.html

It is alleged that this will help.

Interesting enough is that the Blanik L-13's are NOT grounded in the
Czech Republic. The gliding clubs said no to LET.
See link:
http://translate.google.com/translat...ogle.com&twu=1

Blanik L-13 AD Jim[_18_] Soaring 20 August 30th 10 08:25 PM
Blanik L-23 Super Blanik Manual -F.C.F.S. Joel Flamenbaum Soaring 2 April 14th 10 03:29 PM
Blanik L-23 BDS[_2_] Soaring 7 June 27th 07 03:35 PM
Blanik L-13 brien Soaring 0 December 5th 04 02:00 PM
Blanik L-23 Duane Eisenbeiss Soaring 8 April 27th 04 05:53 AM