Integrating Flarm with Clearnav

Old September 4th 12, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Integrating Flarm with Clearnav

I have so far been unable to get Flarm traffic to show up on my Clearnav display.
I have experimented with different Clearnav zoom settings without success.

Within the Clearnav Main Menu/Settings/Tools tab I find the Flarm tab. Opening this tab shows a list of Flarm information which seems to give a positive indication that the Clearnav is receiving Flarm data. (Number of Objects:2 Transmission Status: True etc.)

I dont however find a setting to enable or show flarm traffic on the Clearnav screen.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!
Old September 4th 12, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 5:33:19 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I have so far been unable to get Flarm traffic to show up on my Clearnav display.

I have experimented with different Clearnav zoom settings without success..

Within the Clearnav Main Menu/Settings/Tools tab I find the Flarm tab. Opening this tab shows a list of Flarm information which seems to give a positive indication that the Clearnav is receiving Flarm data. (Number of Objects:2 Transmission Status: True etc.)

I dont however find a setting to enable or show flarm traffic on the Clearnav screen.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

Do you have the latest software?

It's here http://www.clearnav.net/main/cn-downloads.html

The flarm display options are under pilot preferences (iirc).

Other gliders show up on the nav display as other gliders, with relative altitude displayed. You'll need the zoom adjusted appropriately close to see them. The collision warning display is split screen with audio. Can't miss it.

-Evan Ludeman / T8
Old September 4th 12, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Sep 4, 2:33*pm, wrote:
I have so far been unable to get Flarm traffic to show up on my Clearnav display.
I have experimented with different Clearnav zoom settings without success..

Did you command the FLARM to turn on the port you are attempting to
drive ClearNav with?

Andy (GY)
Old September 4th 12, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 5:13:00 PM UTC-5, Evan Ludeman wrote:
On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 5:33:19 PM UTC-4, wrote: I have so far been unable to get Flarm traffic to show up on my Clearnav display. I have experimented with different Clearnav zoom settings without success. Within the Clearnav Main Menu/Settings/Tools tab I find the Flarm tab. Opening this tab shows a list of Flarm information which seems to give a positive indication that the Clearnav is receiving Flarm data. (Number of Objects:2 Transmission Status: True etc.) I dont however find a setting to enable or show flarm traffic on the Clearnav screen. Any help would be appreciated Thanks! Do you have the latest software? It's here http://www.clearnav.net/main/cn-downloads.html The flarm display options are under pilot preferences (iirc). Other gliders show up on the nav display as other gliders, with relative altitude displayed. You'll need the zoom adjusted appropriately close to see them. The collision warning display is split screen with audio. Can't miss it. -Evan Ludeman / T8

That might be the issue. I've now downloaded the latest software to my USB and will upload to the Clearnav this weekend. Thanks very much.
Old September 5th 12, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kimmo Hytoenen

Hope you get it work, FLARM traffic on map screen improves situation
awareness. If you have swiss FLARM, it has two ports. The
"smaller" port only sends GPS data, the traffic info is not included.
Also I think that traffic info is not included if com speed is not 19200
bauds or higher.

Old September 6th 12, 08:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tobias Bieniek

Hi Kimmo, you mixed it up there. The smaller port does output only _traffic_ data, but not GPS data and it is fixed to 4800 Baud afaik. The larger port can be configured in various ways but it will only output the traffic data if the baudrate is 19200 or more.
Old September 6th 12, 01:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kimmo Hytoenen

At 07:18 06 September 2012, Tobias Bieniek wrote:
Hi Kimmo, you mixed it up there. The smaller port does output

only
_traffic=
_ data, but not GPS data and it is fixed to 4800 Baud afaik. The

larger
por=
t can be configured in various ways but it will only output the

traffic
dat=
a if the baudrate is 19200 or more.

My bad, Tobias is right. Mixed it with this baudrate thing. Sorry.

$1500 ClearNav... sisu1a Soaring 1 January 8th 11 04:01 AM
NK ClearNav now available in VGA Resolution Paul Remde Soaring 0 July 28th 09 05:26 PM
ClearNav too big? brianDG303 Soaring 9 June 13th 08 07:15 PM
NK ClearNav Update Paul Remde Soaring 4 February 4th 08 01:31 PM
Integrating onboard weather radar data with satellite-fed Doppler radar [email protected] General Aviation 3 January 9th 05 08:57 PM