Pan Am PAI 747 display?

Old July 17th 03, 08:17 AM
Alan White

On 16 Jul 2003 23:16:14 -0500, "Dr. Speedbyrd:"
wrote:

It doesn't matter! It's fixed!!

It does matter.

Other people may have a similar problem and your 'fix' could help
them.

Where, please, is 'there'?

--
Alan White
Twenty-eight miles NW of Glasgow.
Old July 17th 03, 05:12 PM
Dave Pearson

* Dr. Speedbyrd: :

On 17 Jul 2003 09:17:30 GMT, Dave Pearson wrote:

Is there a reason why you'd sooner not share this bit of information?

because then you'd know as much as I do

sigh

--
Dave Pearson
http://www.davep.org/
Old July 17th 03, 05:14 PM
Dave Pearson

* Dr. Speedbyrd: :

This is why I hesitate to present any issue on here, as it always turns
into a big deal.

It's only a "big deal" because you wouldn't provide the info. For a while
there I thought you'd not quite understood the question.

I told you I fixed it by installing a different plane
altogether which works just fine. The original one never did appear.
enough about it already.

If you'd just said where "there" was in the first place you wouldn't need to
say "enough .. already".

But it's amusing, right?

--
Dave Pearson
http://www.davep.org/
Old July 17th 03, 05:54 PM
Dr. Speedbyrd:>

On 17 Jul 2003 16:14:24 GMT, Dave Pearson wrote:

* Dr. Speedbyrd: :

This is why I hesitate to present any issue on here, as it always turns
into a big deal.

It's only a "big deal" because you wouldn't provide the info. For a while
there I thought you'd not quite understood the question.

I told you I fixed it by installing a different plane
altogether which works just fine. The original one never did appear.
enough about it already.

If you'd just said where "there" was in the first place you wouldn't need to
say "enough .. already".

But it's amusing, right?

I think you misunderstand. I never NEEDED to say anything. I owe no accounting to you or
anyone. Now, I'm going to say this one more time and see if you get it:

I downloaded the PAI 742PW original paint kit from Project AI
I also downloaded the Pan Am textures from the same site.
I installed the PAI 742PW aircraft and set up a new texture folder, "texture.paa" in which I
put the Pan Am textures.

I fixed the aircraft.cfg file to indicate I was using the model.pw, the paa texture files and I
properly named the aircraft PAI B742 PAA and added this to my aircraft.txt file via Traffic
Tools. I then created a flight in AI Traffic Mover for a flight of this plane from SAEZ to
KJFK. According to my flight schedule, I set the departure time from SAEZ at 20:20 GMT
I opened FS2002 and placed myself at SAEZ at 20:18. The aircraft should have been THERE.
It was not. All other aircraft that should have been sitting at SAEZ at that time were THERE.
I cannot account for why this one doesn't appear.

To get a PAA 747 into my AI traffic, I downloaded PAA textures that would coincide with the
default 747. Though not as realistic, this aircraft does appear with no problem. It is not
designed as an AI aircraft, but suffices until I can figure out why the Project AI model
doesn't load in.

Now is there ANY questions still remaining about this neverending subject?
Old July 17th 03, 06:16 PM
Alan White

On 17 Jul 2003 11:54:15 -0500, "Dr. Speedbyrd:"

Now is there ANY questions still remaining about this neverending subject?

Sigh!

Old July 17th 03, 06:42 PM
Dave Pearson

* Dr. Speedbyrd: :

On 17 Jul 2003 16:14:24 GMT, Dave Pearson wrote:

But it's amusing, right?

I think you misunderstand. I never NEEDED to say anything. I owe no
accounting to you or anyone.

Good grief man! Who said you owed anyone anything? Why be so defensive? I
asked a simple question by way of wondering if you'd experienced a similar
problem to one that I'd experienced a short while back and you've been
evasive ever since. Generally I'm used to people who seek help being helpful
back. I don't, however, expect such decent behaviour.

Now, I'm going to say this one more time and
see if you get it:

Ahh, and a snide insult too. Why? What purpose does it serve?

[SNIP]

So it didn't show up as AI traffic? Right, thank-you, that's all I was
asking.

Now is there ANY questions still remaining about this neverending subject?

No, now that you've answered the one question I asked a while back and you
kept avoiding and for which you've got defensive for some incomprehensible
reason.

--
Dave Pearson
http://www.davep.org/
Old July 17th 03, 07:00 PM
Dr. Speedbyrd:>

On 17 Jul 2003 17:42:39 GMT, Dave Pearson wrote:

[...]

Nope. You just wanted to have your own way, like some puberty stricken juvenile.

Now, the shed additional light on this tiresome subject,
I can see the aircraft when I open the aircraft library and scroll down to the B742. It spins
around in the little window all nice and pretty, but it will not show at any airport where it
is supposed to be, according to AI flight schedules. I've tested for erros in AI Traffic Mover
and all works fine and the times have been confirmed. I can load this aircraft as though I
were flying it myself and I can see it nicely in tower view and spot view. It still will not
show as AI traffic. I know this is something simple, but I'm baffled.
Old July 17th 03, 09:01 PM
Alan White

On 17 Jul 2003 13:00:18 -0500, "Dr. Speedbyrd:"

I know this is something simple, but I'm baffled.

Well, if you'd answered my original question, 'What have you tried?',
you might have got some help for a problem which you still haven't
solved.

After your petulant display I doubt whether anyone will be all that
keen to help you in the future.

Old July 17th 03, 09:11 PM
Dave Pearson

* Dr. Speedbyrd: :

On 17 Jul 2003 17:42:39 GMT, Dave Pearson wrote:

No, now that you've answered the one question I asked a while back and
you kept avoiding and for which you've got defensive for some
incomprehensible reason.

Nope. You just wanted to have your own way, like some puberty stricken
juvenile.

Huh? I was only asking a simple question. Partly to understand what the
problem was that you solved and partly to check if what you were suffering
could possibly be related to something I had happen the other week. Why be
so insulting because of that, especially when the desire to know was driven
by a motivation to help you?

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to concern yourself with my actual motivations
rather than attempting to help be responsible for motivations you've
invented for me?

Now, the shed additional light on this tiresome subject, I can see the
aircraft when I open the aircraft library and scroll down to the B742. It
spins around in the little window all nice and pretty, but it will not
show at any airport where it is supposed to be, according to AI flight
schedules. [SNIP]

Right, given this it can't be the problem I had the other week because all
external views went invisible in my case.

--
Dave Pearson
http://www.davep.org/
Old July 17th 03, 11:35 PM
Dr. Speedbyrd:>

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:01:31 +0100, Alan White wrote:

On 17 Jul 2003 13:00:18 -0500, "Dr. Speedbyrd:"

I know this is something simple, but I'm baffled.

Well, if you'd answered my original question, 'What have you tried?',
you might have got some help for a problem which you still haven't
solved.

After your petulant display I doubt whether anyone will be all that
keen to help you in the future.

With all that said, do you feel like a better person now?

I'm not as obsessed with it as some are. It's a game and I did get another model to work.
It's mostly a curiousity thing but I won't lose sleep without an answer.

KX-155 LEDs Steven Barnes Owning 21 July 11th 13 09:04 AM
A-6 Redar Display? Mike Kanze Naval Aviation 0 September 28th 04 01:34 AM
Pirep: Garmin GPSMAP 296 versus 295. (very long) Jon Woellhaf Piloting 12 September 4th 04 11:55 PM
Airplane / space vehicle display models wanted Aleta Jackson General Aviation 0 May 19th 04 02:17 AM
F-15C countermeasures display. Gene Military Aviation 0 August 5th 03 05:38 PM