I really should know the answer - Even or Odd altitude ?

Old March 21st 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Everett M. Greene[_2_]

Default I really should know the answer - Even or Odd altitude ?

Ron Rosenfeld writes:
Although the even/odd number rules may be the usual case, in the NE (where
I've done most of my flying) and elsewhere, I've both been assigned by ATC;
and also requested and been granted, by ATC, WAFDOF clearances.

What's WAFDOF? Wide-area failure, do one's finest?
Old March 21st 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mark Hansen

On 03/21/07 09:32, Everett M. Greene wrote:
Ron Rosenfeld writes:
Although the even/odd number rules may be the usual case, in the NE (where
I've done most of my flying) and elsewhere, I've both been assigned by ATC;
and also requested and been granted, by ATC, WAFDOF clearances.

What's WAFDOF? Wide-area failure, do one's finest?

The very first hit on Google provides this:

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/WAFDOF
Old March 21st 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bob Gardner

AIM 5-1-7(e): Block 7 note--Enter only the initial requested altitude in
this block.

Bob Gardner

"Roy N5804F" wrote in message
link.net...

I am heading for Sun 'n Fun from Ohio in April and will file IFR over 3
flight legs.
This will be my first flight heading South under instrument rules..
My heading will change from West of South to East of South several times
during each leg of this flight.
The question is do I file for even or odd altitudes ?
I am thinking that I should file the appropriate altitude relative to the
heading to my first waypoint.

I know I should know the answer to my question, but dang this flying
stuff, you are always learning :-)

--
Roy
Piper Archer N5804F

Old March 22nd 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Everett M. Greene[_2_]

Ron Rosenfeld writes:
Although the even/odd number rules may be the usual case, in the NE (where
I've done most of my flying) and elsewhere, I've both been assigned by ATC;
and also requested and been granted, by ATC, WAFDOF clearances.

What's WAFDOF? Wide-area failure, do one's finest?

The very first hit on Google provides this:

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/WAFDOF

I just love responses where the responder spends more time
suggesting hitting the 'net to get the answer than to just
provide the answer, not including the respondees time to
hit the 'net to get the answer. Not everyone in the world
is continuously connected to the net with a high-speed
connection nor are they fans of Google.
Old March 22nd 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mark Hansen

Ron Rosenfeld writes:
Although the even/odd number rules may be the usual case, in the NE (where
I've done most of my flying) and elsewhere, I've both been assigned by ATC;
and also requested and been granted, by ATC, WAFDOF clearances.

What's WAFDOF? Wide-area failure, do one's finest?

The very first hit on Google provides this:

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/WAFDOF

I just love responses where the responder spends more time
suggesting hitting the 'net to get the answer than to just
provide the answer, not including the respondees time to
hit the 'net to get the answer. Not everyone in the world
is continuously connected to the net with a high-speed
connection nor are they fans of Google.

If you don't have access to the 'net, how were you able to
post your question here?

So you don't want to search Google, and you want someone else
do it for you?