X-Prize is currently live on Discovery Science Channel

Old October 4th 04, 03:38 PM
Roger Halstead

Default X-Prize is currently live on Discovery Science Channel

If you get the Discovery Science channel, it's pretty good coverage
with lots of history.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Old October 4th 04, 07:42 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article et, Dave S says...

CNN has it too.. and the word is 368K feet.. they made it.

I've been watching the live broadcast on Science channel and the room was full
of reporters and photographers and no sign of zoom. I figured he'd be right up
there with the rest of the cameras in the first row. The speakers never said a
special thanks to zoom or anything about him .Even Richard Branson was about 3
rows back .I thought when one had a special position like jaun said zoomy had ,
that he'd be right up front.I bet he wasn't even there LOL!!!

Chuck (I got the truck title)S RAH-14/1 ret

Old October 4th 04, 08:42 PM
Richard Lamb

Absolutely breath taking flight!

I caught it real time on CNN (surprise)

That Miles character sure can talk alot!

Richard
Old October 4th 04, 09:02 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Richard Lamb says...

Absolutely breath taking flight!

I caught it real time on CNN (surprise)

That Miles character sure can talk alot!

Sure was . Usually famous people are famous because of doing something really
great. Rutan and done 2 great things with the prospect of even more. I never
thought he could top the round the world flight but he sure did ...in spades!!
Hats off to him and all his crew.

Chuck S

Old October 4th 04, 09:18 PM
bryan chaisone

Roger that Roger. Sorry, couldn't help myself. All excited for
Burt's team. He's got a bunch of great guys working with him. Wish I
was one of them.

Bryan "was Monk" Chaisone

Old October 4th 04, 09:23 PM
Shiver Me Timbers

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:

I've been watching the live broadcast on Science channel

With all due respect Chuck why can't you just come into this thread
like everyone else and congratulate those for their accomplishments
without feeling an overwhelming need to blow your nose once again
with your personal vendetta towards Zoom and Juan.

It seems like your strictly a one horse show in these newsgroups and
for all your accomplishments in aviation I would think you could do
better than that, in this particular thread on this historic day.
Old October 4th 04, 09:29 PM
Corky Scott

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:23:45 GMT, Shiver Me Timbers
wrote:

With all due respect Chuck why can't you just come into this thread
like everyone else and congratulate those for their accomplishments
without feeling an overwhelming need to blow your nose once again
with your personal vendetta towards Zoom and Juan.

It seems like your strictly a one horse show in these newsgroups and
for all your accomplishments in aviation I would think you could do
better than that, in this particular thread on this historic day.

With all due respect, you have this backwards. Zoom has been and
continues to trash Chuck in his publication ever since Chuck stopped
buying ads from ole Jimmy.

This is the only forum Chuck has to defend his honor.

Corky Scott
Old October 4th 04, 11:47 PM
Shiver Me Timbers

Corky Scott wrote:

This is the only forum Chuck has to defend his honor.

Corky Scott

That may be Corky but tell us why he has to hijack a thread like the
one he did today and try to change it's direction just because of his
personal battle with Zoom and Juan.

I heartily congratulate the American team led by Burt Rutan and piloted
by Mr Melville on their historic accomplishments..... so tell me why
can't Chuck do the same just for once and after that just keep his
mouth shut.

Don't you think that Burt Rutan and his whole team deserve that small
courtesy from the flying community in this newsgroup.... on this
historic day...???????

For someone with as much history and experience in aviation that Chuck
supposedly has, it seems that about the only time he comes into this
group is when he feels the need to blow his nose on his favourite and
only subject of interest. He doesn't normally offer flying stories,
tips on construction, congratulate others in this group for their
accomplishments. He doesn't get into discussions with the group
regulars on those types of subjects, instead he starts more threads on
Zoom and Juan than everyone else in this group combined.

A GOOGLE search for this group on the word Zoom shows 6960 returns.

Thats Zoom..... not ZZoom or Zooooom or Zooooomy or any other type of
derivative. Nor is it Juan or Yawn or any derivative of that either.

Right now on my newserver there are 6 active threads on Zoom and Juan
so tell me Corky isn't six ongoing threads enough for Chuck to defend
his honour.

There is an active thread about Spaceship one.... 153 comments from the
regulars in this group, and yet the first comment from Chuck took it
off topic and into the land of Zoom and Juan. He couldn't even leave
that one alone.

Corky when is enough on the subject actually enough on the subject.

Corky you mentioned Zoom taking Chuck to task on his ANN website
and how Chuck needs to come here to defend his honour.

WHY HERE.????????

Do you think that everyone in this group also follows ANN's website,
and do you think that everyone who reads ANN's website follows this
newsgroup.

And if they do follow this newsgroup, do you think it's to stay
informed about Chuck's personal ongoing battles with Zoom, or do you
think it's because ( like me ) they have a general interest in
homebuilt aircraft, and enjoy stories about people and from people who
are actually flying, or building their own airplane, and just enjoy the
general conviviality of people like yourself who share their interest
in aviation.