OT - 10 steps to fascist police state

Old April 27th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default OT - 10 steps to fascist police state

Jose writes:

Does (the general public) knowing how silly the ADIZ and FRZ really is
change anything?

I think it might.

It hasn't so far.

Old April 28th 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:19:37 -0400, "John T"
wrote in
:

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

Remember this post the next time you start complaining about
off-topic threads here...

I'll be happy to comply with your request just as soon as you provide
an explanation of the aviation information contained in your articles
posted in rec.aviation.piloting referenced below:

The important part is I don't complain about off-topic threads. Do any of
those links show otherwise?

Another important fact is, that I don't complain about off-topic
threads to other than the individual who initiated the original
off-topic article. Once the barn door is open, ...

Old April 28th 07, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"gatt" wrote:

I'm just sayin'...

Why do we know the names and faces of Clebold, Harris, Malvo, Muhammed, Cho,
Whitman, Manson, Bundy....

Because that's what "we" WANT to know. If people did not have these morbid
interests, TV networks could not make money pandering to them.

It bears occasional repeating:

"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."
-H. L. Mencken

Old April 28th 07, 07:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

Latch-key kids are left to their own,
society suffers the consequences:
uncivilized behavior.

Latch-key kids are not the same as kids who are unsupervised for certain
parts of the day.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old April 28th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ManhattanMan

Dan Luke wrote:

"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American
public." -H. L. Mencken

Just look at the intellectual treasure trove of material at the supermarket
checkout stands!!

Old April 28th 07, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Dan Luke wrote:

"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American
public." -H. L. Mencken

The quote say "..underestimating the GULLIBILITY.."

Also, Mencken made it famous, but he got it from P.T. Barnum

Old April 28th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message
Dan Luke wrote:

"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American
public." -H. L. Mencken

The quote say "..underestimating the GULLIBILITY.."

Also, Mencken made it famous, but he got it from P.T. Barnum

Johnny Carson once ask George Carlin what he thought of America's dope
problem, to which Carlin quickly (and very accuratly) replied " I'll have to
agree with you Johnny, we have far too many dopes."

As for the supermarket check out line, I want one of those tosters the burn
a crucifix image on the toast. They say they are posessed, but I think it
would be just the touch for Sunday morning breakfast.

Old April 29th 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vincent p. norris

My daughter is in the upper 1% income bracket......

I hope you will forgive those of us who take that with a grain of
salt. Is she a movie star, a rock star, or a pro basketball player?

vince norris
Old April 29th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Don Tabor writes:

The problem is that if I, and other rational people, do not pay
attention, solutions to those problems will be proposed and enacted
which in many cases will be useless if not worse than the problem.

Actually, there's nothing you can do.

Most of what you see on the news does not affect you, and you cannot
affect most of what you see on the news. The reports are designed to
make you uneasy, so that you will seek reassurance--by watching more
of the news. It works very well with people who are not aware of how
it is intended to work.

The reality is that if you stopped watching the news tomorrow, the
world would be neither a better nor a worse place in consequence.
Most of what is on the news is completely irrelevant to you, and you
are irrelevant to it. There isn't enough news that is truly linked to
you in some way to fill all the airtime that needs to be filled, and
additionally the news that is linked to you isn't scary, so it won't
make you uneasy and eager to see more news.

But we can prevent some of them from happening again, or prepare to
deal more effectively with them if we cannot. Much as we analyze
aircraft mishaps to learn from our mistakes and those of others.

"We" meaning who? Certainly not you. There's nothing _you_ can do.
That's an illusion.

Actually, I am gathering signatures to run for the 14th Senate
District in Virginia this fall as the Libertarian Party candidate.

Which means you don't have a chance.

You're a moron.

Bertie
Old May 1st 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tabor

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 00:54:17 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Don Tabor writes:

That will allow me, as a Libertarian to run to the "right" of my
opponent on taxes, gun laws, government spending and other
conservative issues, while also running to his "left" on issues of
personal liberty and pick up the Democrat votes. (Note: the LP
position is not really left or right of anything, we are really
individual vs collective on everything, but right and left are
understood better.)

Why don't you just run as an independent?

Because I am a Libertarian.

It would be dishonest to disguise that fact by masking my point of
view regarding government behind a plain brown wrapper.

I wouldn't be much of a Libertarian if I used subterfuge to improve my
chances of getting elected.

Don

french police !! TOUCO Naval Aviation 0 April 1st 05 05:14 AM
french police !! TOUCO Owning 0 April 1st 05 05:14 AM
french police !! TOUCO Piloting 0 April 1st 05 05:14 AM
Police State Grantland Military Aviation 0 September 15th 03 12:53 PM