Mountain flying instruction: McCall, Idaho, Colorado too!

Old March 27th 04, 12:24 AM

Default Mountain flying instruction: McCall, Idaho, Colorado too!

There are a few openings available in the Idaho back country mountain
flying courses this summer. If you are interested in the next level
of mountain, canyon and back country flying, please consider attending
one of these seminars with back country instruction this summer!

If you have heard about the Idaho back country, then you know what I
mean. If you haven't, then please consider browsing and putting
McCall, Idaho on your summer adventure list! McCall is an excellent
place to launch into the Idaho back country. There are 50 airstrips
in the Frank Church "River of No Return" Wilderness area, and nearby
back country. This is the coolest place in the lower 48.. (of course
Alaska is better, but it is a long way away. :-)

I've been, it is GREAT, I may be on staff this summer.

Jer/ Eberhard

Ripped from McCall Mountain Canyon Flying, LLC web pages:

http://www.mountaincanyonflying.com/

News & Events

* Lori MacNichol is the American Champion Factory Authorized Flight
Instructor for the Northwestern United States.
* We now have a Maule MX-7-180A available to seminar
participants. Check with us for availability, rental rate, &
pilot qualifications.

Our experienced flight instructors have over 75 years and 25,000
hours flying in the Idaho back country. McCall Mountain/Canyon Flying
Seminars, LLC can provide a fun and educational introduction to the
flying skills needed to operate safely in this unique environment.

2004 Seminar Schedule

June 21 - 25 (Advanced Course - Sulphur Creek)
June 29 - July 2 (Basic Course)
July 6 - 9 (Basic Course)
July 13 - 16 (Basic Course)
July 19 - 23 (Advanced Course - Sulphur Creek)

McCall Mountain Canyon Flying, LLC
P.O. Box 1175
McCall, ID 83638
Phone: 208-634-1344
Fax: 208-692-1682

If you have not (yet) had your mountain or high density altitude
training, may I humbly suggest the Colorado Pilots Association:

http://www.coloradopilots.org

Choose "Mountain Flying", then "Training Seminar", gets to:

http://www.coloradopilots.org/conten...p?menuID=14~14

MOUNTAIN FLYING - HIGH ELEVATION AIRPORT OPERATIONS
GROUND SCHOOLS - 2004

WHEN: Saturday, June 19 or August 21, 2004

Centennial Airport, Tower Boardroom SPONSORED BY THE COLORADO AIR
SAFETY FOUNDATION: The Colorado Air Safety Foundation is a non-profit
corporation organized and operated exclusively for the purpose of
promoting and furthering education and public safety in the aviation
industry. In Colorado, accident statistics show that pilots without
the skills needed for safe flight over mountainous terrain often get
themselves in situations which are beyond their capability to handle.
The mountain flying course is a program developed to improve that
capability.

THE COURSE: The ground school course was originally developed by the
Colorado Pilots Association in 1986. It is presented in Colorado at
least twice each year and occasionally at out-of-state locations. It
is taught by Colorado pilots who live and fly the mountains in
business and recreational flying. Through the years it has evolved
into one of the premier safety training courses of its kind.

The course takes the student on a simulated flight over several
mountain passes and into a number of high elevation mountain airports.
Instructors take time to discuss factors affecting the safety of
flight at each step on the route and make extensive use of aerial
photography and a technical workbook to illustrate information needed
for a safe flight. The workbook is part of the course materials
provided under the registration fee for the course.

If you can not make any of the above, all is not lost! I offer
mountain flying instruction year around, one-on-one, or if you have a
higher performance aircraft, two of you and one of me (C182, C206,
C210, Bonanza, Big Cherokee, or the equivalent). Taildraggers into
the high country, too. There are more details, and some interesting
stories on my web page, if you would care to click in:

http://users.frii.com/jer/

If I may be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB http://users.frii.com/jer/