A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Marfa Gliders in southwest Texas is NOT closing!

Old November 14th 20, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
external usenet poster

Default Marfa Gliders in southwest Texas is NOT closing!

Marfa Gliders Soaring Center near the Davis Mountains and Big Bend National Park in southwest Texas is NOT closing. Just a nasty rumor.

Downsizing, yes. Closing, NO!
I just sold a couple of gliders and my '46 J3 Cub and still own 7 aircraft, including two towplanes for year-round aerotows plus my three large hangars. As your Designated Pilot Examiner, checkrides for all FAA glider ratings including Initial CFIG. FREE checkrides for glider ratings at Marfa since 2016.

Contact me well in advance to make sure that I'm available to facilitate your fun!
I offer CFIG renewals or reinstatements, a Rusty Pilot course. flight reviews, towpilot endorsements, old-school thermaling secrets and more.
Just renewed our Wave Window to 30,000' msl with FAA / ATC. Marfa Airport (MRF) elevation is 5,000' ASL.
Marfa, Texas, is the site of the 15th National Landmark of Soaring and where "The Sun Ship Game" was filmed at the 1969 US Nationals.

Let's discuss details and dates. Please don't show up unannounced.
E-mail Website: www.flygliders.com
Link to a short video of flying at Marfa: https://vimeo.com/67137849

Burt