Troll of the year award

Old September 27th 05, 10:51 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"JohnH" wrote in message

And before anyone says anything it isn't because the US is better. We
just put a lot of money into the programs.

Which is not exactly something to be proud of IMHO.

Let me rephrase "We put a lot of money into them because they make a lot of
money"

Which isn't a bad thing unless making money is bad.

Old September 28th 05, 12:01 AM
Ice blonde

Hi Skylune

You are a scream, why on earth would I pay =A3=A3=A3 if I just wanted to
find spots to eat, I'd walk in my nearest town, we have probably the
largest % of restaurants of anywhere I know.

I want to try flying because I know I will either be terrified or enjoy
the buzz of being that far off the ground and possibly in control.

Why not for amateurs, we all have to start somewhere, or if your not a
'serious' pilot are you not allowed to play?

Just please don't wake up the whole damned neighborhood while your
getting your kicks

Now whick kicks are you talking about, somethings just aren't that loud
;-)

I happen to live under one of the flight paths for the airfield I
mentioned, and we don't have problems with noise.

My choice of sport is obvious, and in MHO is far better than skiing
could ever be, and yes I've been skiing.

now please forgive the language barrier again, but NASTAR?

Regards

Quote of the week is 'try in on something with a mind of it own!'

Old September 28th 05, 12:20 AM
Sylvain

Skylune wrote:
Ski areas bring enormous economnic benefits to areas in which they are
located.

except for being one of the worst environmental disaster you
could bring on a mountain area (erosion, pollution, noise
and human activity which impacts local wild life permanently,
unlike overflying aircraft that the local critters just
ignore, etc.) -- and which is a business which often
enough doesn't even break even and require significan
contribution from the tax payer (you should hear these
guys winning about not enough snow falling at the wrong time
of the year, etc.)

and let me guess: do you actually climb back up the mountain
under your own power, or do you use one of these noisy,
polluting, lifts/cable cars that permanently scar the
landscape?

--Sylvain
Old September 28th 05, 12:32 AM
Sylvain

Ice blonde wrote:
Hi Skylune

You are a scream,

I think you are describing our local troll quite nicely;
the kind of guy who get his kicks posting anti-GA drivel
on aviation related sites (you find the same kind of folks
advocating cruelty to animals on pet related groups, or
racist rants on some well targeted soc.culture.* newsgroups,
etc.)

from previous posts it seems that skylune was an ex-wannabe
pilot who failed miserably at it and dropped out, hence his
sour puss rants. Best ignored.

why on earth would I pay £££ if I just wanted to
find spots to eat,

that however will eventually make perfect sense to you once
you get hooked; google for '100$ hamburger' advices :-)

I happen to live under one of the flight paths for the airfield I
mentioned, and we don't have problems with noise.

that's something you'll notice amongst a specific (and vocal)
crowd; they don't mind the noise of their own much louder
lawn mower, but complain at the slightest aircraft noise;
actually I even witness one of these people going nuts complaining
about the noise of a glider port (equipped for winch launch, i.e.,
zero noise could be heard from the neighborhood); same kind of
jealousy that drives our pet troll...

--Sylvain

Old September 28th 05, 12:36 AM
Hilton

JohnH wrote:

I humbly nominate myself, and I thank you for your consideration.

Kind of like winning first place at the special olympics.

Even participating in the Special Olympics should be viewed as a victory of
sorts for the child, the parents, the teachers, and all others involved with
the kid's life. As the father of two georgously healthy little girls, I am
eternally grateful that I don't have a participant.

Having said that, Football World Champs and Baseball World Series reminds me
of the Shrek character Farquaad.

Hilton

Old September 28th 05, 01:08 AM
George Patterson

Sylvain wrote:

and let me guess: do you actually climb back up the mountain
under your own power, or do you use one of these noisy,
polluting, lifts/cable cars that permanently scar the
landscape?

Give them a break, Silvain. They make great landmarks for pilotage! :-)

George Patterson
Old September 28th 05, 01:25 AM
George Patterson

Ice blonde wrote:

You are a scream, why on earth would I pay £££ if I just wanted to
find spots to eat, I'd walk in my nearest town, we have probably the
largest % of restaurants of anywhere I know.

The term $100 hamburger simply applies to pilots trying to find some excuse for
flying somewhere. Aviation addicts can manage to convince their family members
that a restaurant several hundred miles away is just the place for brunch.

George Patterson
Old September 28th 05, 01:27 AM

Skylune wrote:
OK then. how 'bout the guy who posted the concert schedule at the former
Megis Field? I think he is a contender.

Thanks much! Oh, that McHenry County private airport did a hurricane
benefit concert, with local cover bands. Copy Cat!

"The benefit, organized by Sam Leach, the band American English, Onesti
Entertainment, and Michael and Joeleen Stanard, will happen at a new
concert venue that can hold 12,000. It is connected to the Galt
Airport, 5112 Greenwood Road, which is owned by the Stanards.

The Friday bill includes American English, Elevation, The New Invaders,
Hot Rocks, Instant Karma, Problem Child, The Midway Ramblers, Strange
Days, Metermaid and The Neverly Brothers. A special guest will be
Thaddeus Richard, a musician and Hurricane Katrina survivor from the
New Orleans area. Richard was the clarinet soloist on the Wings' hit
Listen To What the Man Said.

Saturday is jammed with jam bands, with Madvine, Malfunktion, Sweet
Pick, Tall Grass Magicians, Venetian Red, Rob Webster and Friends, and
Dag Juhlin of Poi Dog Pondering set to noodle. Mark Staycer, Mighty
Blue Kings, G-Man Blues and the Amazing Kappa are yet to be slated.

Ticket prices for a two-day pass will be $20 at the gate ($10 for 12
and under). Parking will be $5. Guests are invited to stay the night by
camping under the stars or in their vehicles as no tents - or
campfires - will be allowed."

JG

Old September 28th 05, 02:51 AM
Tom Conner

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Ice blonde wrote:

You are a scream, why on earth would I pay £££ if I just wanted to
find spots to eat, I'd walk in my nearest town, we have probably the
largest % of restaurants of anywhere I know.

The term $100 hamburger simply applies to pilots trying to find some
excuse for flying somewhere. Aviation addicts can manage to convince
their family members that a restaurant several hundred miles away is
just the place for brunch.

Maybe its time to start referring to it as the $200-$300 dollar hamburger.