Handing out propaganda

Old May 20th 08, 12:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lou

Default Handing out propaganda

Does anyone have a suggestion on what material to hand out to
someone questioning me about flying? I'm not saying it happens
often, but while I'm working in my garage on my homebuilt someone
wanders in and asks questions about flying and building.
I'm not much of an explainer so I thought it would be nice to just
hand out a pamphlet that starts to explain and has some web addresses
already on it. You could tell someone where to look on the web, but I
would guess that out of sight out of mind come into play. I could take
them
flying but since I'm a member of a club, it's just not possible to get
a plane
on no notice.
So, anyone have an idea of what I could print out or send for to
hand out
to wanna be pilots?
Lou
Old May 20th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Lou wrote:
[...]

Subscribe them to AOPA Flight Training. All you have to do is call
1-800-USA-AOPA and request a six month free subscription be sent to them.
Old May 20th 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Harry[_2_]

"Lou" wrote in message
[...]

Lou,

Before you start putting something together, is it possible that those
individuals are wanting to just start a conversation regarding something of
very special importance to you? Perhaps they are not really so interested in
flying that a handout would really be appreciated or used for that matter.
Of course, I have no clue as to who these individuals are or what their real
motives are so take my comment accordingly :-). It might be something along
the line of a neighbor asking how your kids are doing at college? They want
to start a conversation and are not the least bit interested in adopting
them - LOL.

I know that as a PP-ASEL, there is hardly a week goes by that someone isn't
asking me about flying and yet they have absolutely no interest in learning
how or even experiencing the thrill of being in a small single engine
airplane. All they want to do is engage in a friendly conversation.

Harry

Old May 20th 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Lou wrote:
So, anyone have an idea of what I could print out or send for to
hand out
to wanna be pilots?

AOPA has a website just for this purpose :

http://www.beapilot.com/

It answers most of the basic questions.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old May 20th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

Never never never refer such a person to this newgroup! Only
experienced pilots with well established credibility sensors and/or
those interested in observing abnormal behavior should read postings
here. This site does not bring out the best in some of us, but it does
contribute to the economy because we often have to replace keyboards
after spewing coffee on them. I have learned to put my cup down before
reading some threads,

Old May 20th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Lou

On May 20, 7:53 am, Lou wrote:

[...]

I agree Tina, I no longer keep a hammer within reach.
Lou
Old May 21st 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stefan Hueneburg

Tina wrote:

Never never never refer such a person to this newgroup! Only
experienced pilots with well established credibility sensors and/or
those interested in observing abnormal behavior should read postings
here.

As a newcomer to the rec.aviation newsgroups, but not to usenet, I tend
to disagree.

I find the newsgroups quite interesting and encouraging to fulfill my
own flying dreams in the, hopefully near , future.

This site does not bring out the best in some of us, but it does
contribute to the economy because we often have to replace keyboards
after spewing coffee on them.

Maybe it's because the aviation community is in general more emotional
about their subject then the usual usenet user.

But with many year usenet experience, I can assure you, this pattern of
behavior is not uncommon.

cu,
Stefan

FAA ADS-B Propaganda Video Larry Dighera Piloting 45 December 31st 07 08:39 PM
FAA ADS-B Propaganda Video Larry Dighera Piloting 1 December 23rd 07 03:05 PM
AOPA Propaganda, cont. Skylune Piloting 65 December 15th 05 01:42 AM
AOPA propaganda Skylune Piloting 28 October 31st 05 05:43 PM
Not Particularly Impressed with Tuskegee Airmen Propaganda. The Enlightenment Military Aviation 25 July 11th 03 09:01 PM