But speaking of *good* aviation films...

Old June 22nd 03, 07:47 PM
Scott M. Kozel

Default But speaking of *good* aviation films...

"Ralph Nesbitt" wrote:

"Scott M. Kozel" wrote
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Scet" posted
"CJS" wrote
Bill Silvey wrote:

Heh. Tarver slagging me over a Bridges at Toko-Ri quote. That's
*funny*, considering he's insulted both Art Kramer and Ed Rasimus,
two people who have most assuredly been there and done that. As if
Tarver would know what kind of man it takes to do the job they've
done.

Ah well, thanks for replying to his post; at least I got to see what
sort of drivel he spewed...

Ask him about...

...how the WWII Avenger bomber was powered by jet engines

Bwahawhawhaw!!

Maybe Splaps mixed it up with the A-12 Avenger II

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/a-12.htm

...how pitot tubes are only used on turbine planes
...how mud wasps clog pitot tubes with alarming regularity
...how the pitot tube is actually the P1T0 tube
...how spoilers create negative lift
...how wings on racecars are actually spoilers
...how Budweiser is the best-selling beer in Australia
...how a non-existant section of TWA800 was the problem
...how Kapton is a conductor, not an insulator

Cheers...Craig
O M http://www.vabene.net ---
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Calvin (and Hobbes)

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
who annoy me.
- Fred Allen

how Budweiser is the best-selling beer in Australia

LOL!!!............as if.............

Budweiser is evil and must be stopped.

Because it makes you puke?

Is it possible Splappy mixes Thunderbird & Budweiser, then calls it a
"Desert Refresher".

He he! Yep!

Ralph Nesbitt
Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

I'm curious about the acronyms... let us know if I got them right.

FD - Fire Department
CFR - Crash Fire Rescue
ARFF - Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting

..
Old June 22nd 03, 10:51 PM
CJS

Scet wrote:

"CJS" wrote in message ...

Bill Silvey wrote:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

"Tarver Engineering" posted
:

"Bill Silvey" wrote in message
. com...
Caught "Bridges at Toko Ri" today on AMC.

Good, good stuff.

"Where do we get men like that?"

Not from your gene pool.

Snort! Yeah, we expect great things to come from Tarver's genetic
poultry experiments!

He's already got some of his offspring signed up for College, dontcha
Splaps Boy?

Bertie
-

[...]

Well, to be fair, Fosters isn't much better.

Cheers...Craig
O M
http://www.vabene.net
---

Old June 22nd 03, 10:53 PM
CJS

"Scott M. Kozel" wrote:

"Ralph Nesbitt" wrote:

"Scott M. Kozel" wrote
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Scet" posted
"CJS" wrote
Bill Silvey wrote:

[...]

Nope. "FD" is what you eat at the "TBL."

CFR - Crash Fire Rescue

Nope. Ralph is a secret spy from the Council on Foreign Relations sent
here to spy on conspiracy truth seekers.

ARFF - Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting

Nope. He has a dog.

Cheers...Craig
O M
http://www.vabene.net
---

Old June 23rd 03, 05:38 AM
Ralph Nesbitt

"Scott M. Kozel" wrote in message
"Ralph Nesbitt" wrote:

"Scott M. Kozel" wrote
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Scet" posted
"CJS" wrote
Bill Silvey wrote:

[...]

Correct on all.

Old June 23rd 03, 07:51 AM
Phil Miller

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 01:19:34 GMT, Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

"Scott M. Kozel" posted
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

"Scott M. Kozel" posted
CJS wrote:
Bill Silvey wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote
"Tarver Engineering" posted
"Bill Silvey" wrote

[...]

Splaps Boy's assessment of TWA 800 --

"The flight crew was electricuted by the electrical fault of 140
ampres of three phase under the flight deck floor".

Snort! I never saw that one!

Posted in a.d.a about 2 years ago!

Sometimes I just have to take a break from Tarver. He's kind of the Black
Forest Gateau of loons. Just too rich.

Bwahahahahaha!! Look for that in the Tarver page of the FAQ. :-)

Under B.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~phil...AQ/ADA_FAQ.htm

Phil
--
Great Tarverisms #4

The pitot tube was added to the first American jets to prevent the
kind of failures that killed an entire squadron off Florida. Without
P1 and T0 a jet will stall in fog.

Thanks to both of you for playing.

John

rec.aviation.military
Old June 23rd 03, 07:52 AM
Phil Miller

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 16:51:50 -0500, CJS wrote:

Scet wrote:

"CJS" wrote in message ...

Bill Silvey wrote:

[...]

Sure. But no one here drinks Fosters either. :-)

Phil
--
Great Tarverisms #2

What is the best selling beer in Oz?

Budweiser.

Another illusion shattered.

John

alt.disasters.aviation
Old June 23rd 03, 11:34 AM
Scott M. Kozel

"Ralph Nesbitt" wrote:

"Scott M. Kozel" wrote
"Ralph Nesbitt" wrote:
"Scott M. Kozel" wrote
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Scet" posted
"CJS" wrote
Bill Silvey wrote:

[...]

I used Google to search for the acronyms...

..
Old June 24th 03, 12:47 AM
CJS

Scet wrote:

"CJS" wrote in message ...

Bill Silvey wrote:

[...]

"Fosters, it's Australian for 'Here, you drink it.'"

That being said, a Vic Bitter or two can hit the spot.

Cheers...Craig
O M
http://www.vabene.net
---

Old June 24th 03, 01:16 AM
Bill Silvey

"CJS" wrote in message

"Fosters, it's Australian for 'Here, you drink it.'"

That being said, a Vic Bitter or two can hit the spot.

James Boag's is pretty good stuff - not that I've had a great huge amount of
brews from down under, mind you.

--
http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
Remove the X's in my email address to respond.

Old June 24th 03, 01:22 AM
CJS

Ralph Nesbitt wrote:

"CJS" wrote in message ...

[...]