(Memorial Day) The Naming of Parts

Old May 27th 07, 05:13 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,alt.books.tom-clancy
David E. Powell

Default (Memorial Day) The Naming of Parts

Henry Reed

I. NAMING OF PARTS

To-day we have naming of parts. Yesterday,
We had daily cleaning. And to-morrow morning,
We shall have what to do after firing. But to-day,
To-day we have naming of parts. Japonica
Glistens like coral in all of the neighboring gardens,
And to-day we have naming of parts.

This is the lower sling swivel. And this
Is the upper sling swivel, whose use you will see,
When you are given your slings. And this is the piling swivel,
Which in your case you have not got. The branches
Hold in the gardens their silent, eloquent gestures,
Which in our case we have not got.

This is the safety-catch, which is always released
With an easy flick of the thumb. And please do not let me
See anyone using his finger. You can do it quite easy
If you have any strength in your thumb. The blossoms
Are fragile and motionless, never letting anyone see
Any of them using their finger.

And this you can see is the bolt. The purpose of this
Is to open the breech, as you see. We can slide it
Rapidly backwards and forwards: we call this
Easing the spring. And rapidly backwards and forwards
The early bees are assaulting and fumbling the flowers:
They call it easing the Spring.

They call it easing the Spring: it is perfectly easy
If you have any strength in your thumb: like the bolt,
And the breech, and the cocking-piece, and the point of balance,
Which in our case we have not got; and the almond-blossom
Silent in all of the gardens and the bees going backwards and
forwards,
For to-day we have naming of parts.

Veteran's Day NMUSAF Memorial Park 11-10-06 - File 16 of 16 - USAF Squadrons Memorial NMUSAF.JPG (1/1) Blue Oval Aviation Photos 0 November 11th 06 01:34 AM
Veteran's Day NMUSAF Memorial Park 11-10-06 - File 10 of 16 - Red River Valley Fighter Pilots memorial NMUSAF.JPG (1/1) Blue Oval Aviation Photos 0 November 11th 06 01:32 AM
Naming Fixes rps Piloting 8 March 23rd 06 03:19 PM
Naming Fixes rps Instrument Flight Rules 6 March 23rd 06 03:19 PM
Aircraft Carrier naming Bob Naval Aviation 52 January 30th 04 09:26 PM