Declaring a free distance fight

Old September 1st 03, 08:27 AM
Basil Fairston

Default Declaring a free distance fight

Rules for the UK750km diploma are the same as for diamond distance (with the
exception of the distance of course) so you can use 3 TPs declared before
flight and turned in any order or not at all and finish anywhere. (In Laws
and Rules).

Free distance and free out and return are only for records. Free distance
should have a declaration with date, pilot,glider,logger,start etc but you
don't need to declare TPs.

There is also a new BGA trophy for the fastest 1000km flight in the UK in
any year which allows free distance flights. (usually the only 1000km
flight)

Basil Fairston

From: "tango4"
Subject: UK - Declaring a free distance flight - more info
Date: 22 August 2003 09:22

According to the SC you can declare your TP's post flight on a Free Distance
so why the necessity to declare any?

Is this a UK requirement?
Where exactly are the UK 750 'rules' published since I can't seem to find
any on the BGA site.

I agree with the southerly position perhaps being an advantage, except for
the seabreezes and occasional coastal conditions.On Friday 15th the Parham
Lasham and Lasham Parham sections of my 557km O/R were a real pig!

Flying from Parham one always passes Lasham so declaring Parham, Lasham O/R
( 100km ) and a Free Distance might be possible!

BTW my Crew is a 20kg lump of 2 stroke engine, did you mean the OO?

Here's hoping next Wednesday is as good as Jack thinks its going to be!

Ian

"Owain Walters" wrote in
message ...
Ian,

You can declare 3 tp's with a free distance on the
last leg. So you could set say Parham (start), York,
Lasham, Sutton Bank and then you could go back as far
South as your heart desires and claim whatever distance
you acheive.

Have you consulted your crew about this? BTW, 1000km
is possible in the UK as one was completed in a closed
circuit task out of Bicester. I think your more southerly
position would make it easier in terms of task setting
as you could get longer runs up and down the country.

Owain

At 07:06 22 August 2003, Tango4 wrote:
SC3 section 1.4.3 says that free flight TP's can be
declared post flight so
that puts that to bed. In theory you need a declaration
that says 'free
flight attempt'. I'll bet the OO argues that one!

So, does a free flight 750 qualify for a UK 750 diploma?

Ian