I can see it

Old May 8th 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Bill Kambic

Default I can see it

On Tue, 8 May 2007 12:44:45 -0600, "Tex Houston"
wrote:

"Mike Kanze" wrote in message

"I always get a laugh out of those women's lower back tattoos having Han
(Chinese) characters. At least half of them would probably translate to
'Kung Pao Chicken With Singapore Rice Noodles' or similar."

How about "A cheap dish but very tasty." ?

Or, "If you are what you eat I'm cheap, fast, and easy!"

Old May 8th 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Airyx

On May 8, 12:07 pm, "Mike Kanze" wrote:
Classifications are wrong:

William J. Clinton (YSR-69)
Hillary R. Clinton (IX-580)

Bwaaa, Sludge Removal Barge...very good.

Old May 9th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
KENG

Paul Elliot wrote:
Bill Kambic wrote:

On Tue, 8 May 2007 12:42:02 +0200, "Hunter" wrote:

I can see it in the near future, the new CVN-82 USS Hillary R.Clinton
saling side by side with her sister ship CVN-79 USS William J.Clinton

I can seem them exchanging air strikes.

Is there a USS MONICA LEWINSKY in the future of the "service" fleet?
:-)

Uh, that would be an SSN, I think. Always going down.

And full of seamen

Old May 9th 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Mike Kanze

Default OT - Women's Lower Back Tattoos (was I can see it)

Or, "If you are what you eat I'm cheap, fast, and easy!"

Reminds me of:

"If you are what you eat, and you don't know what you're eating - do you know who you are?"

Good follow-ons, you guys.

--
Mike Kanze

Old May 9th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Peter Stickney

Bill Kambic wrote:

On Tue, 8 May 2007 12:42:02 +0200, "Hunter" wrote:

I can see it in the near future, the new CVN-82 USS Hillary R.Clinton
saling side by side with her sister ship CVN-79 USS William J.Clinton

I can seem them exchanging air strikes.

Is there a USS MONICA LEWINSKY in the future of the "service" fleet?

Suction Dredge, IIRC.

--
Pete Stickney
Without data, all you have is an opinion
Old May 9th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Leanne

"Peter Stickney" wrote in message
Bill Kambic wrote:

On Tue, 8 May 2007 12:42:02 +0200, "Hunter" wrote:

I can see it in the near future, the new CVN-82 USS Hillary R.Clinton
saling side by side with her sister ship CVN-79 USS William J.Clinton

I can seem them exchanging air strikes.

Is there a USS MONICA LEWINSKY in the future of the "service" fleet?

Suction Dredge, IIRC.

There used to be a suction vessel, for oil spills, at Pearl Harbor, called
the Juicy Scoopy.

Leanne

Old May 11th 07, 08:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

On May 8, 5:42 am, "Hunter" wrote:
I can see it in the near future, the new CVN-82 USS Hillary R.Clinton saling
side by side with her sister ship CVN-79 USS William J.Clinton

There's actually a USS Hillary R. Clinton in the "Axis of Time" series
of historical fiction novels. Named after the assasinated 44th
president of the United States, "The most uncompromising wartime
president the country ever had", the Big Hill is thrown back in time
and emerges near Midway Island just before the decisive battle between
the U.S. and Japan. General time-travel chaos ensues.

Old May 11th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Mike Kanze

the Big Hill is thrown back in time and emerges near Midway Island just before the decisive battle between the U.S. and Japan.

The most uncompromising wartime president the country ever had

Sounds like a not-very-original plotline rip-off of the movie The Final Countdown (1980), not to mention a characterization paralleling Margaret Thatcher's during the Falklands campaign.

--
Mike Kanze

Old May 11th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Yes, well, if this movie season is any proof, originality doesn't
sell. (Sequels and remakes do, however).

On May 11, 12:03 pm, "Mike Kanze" wrote:
the Big Hill is thrown back in time and emerges near Midway Island just before the decisive battle between the U.S. and Japan.
The most uncompromising wartime president the country ever had

Sounds like a not-very-original plotline rip-off of the movie The Final Countdown (1980), not to mention a characterization paralleling Margaret Thatcher's during the Falklands campaign.

--
Mike Kanze

"I always get a laugh out of those women's lower back tattoos having Han (Chinese) characters. At least half of them would probably translate to 'Kung Pao Chicken With Singapore Rice Noodles' or similar."

wrote in glegroups.com...

Old May 12th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
vincent norris

"I always get a laugh out of those women's lower back tattoos having Han
(Chinese) characters. At least half of them would probably translate to
'Kung Pao Chicken With Singapore Rice Noodles' or similar."

How about "A cheap dish but very tasty." ?

Or, "If you are what you eat I'm cheap, fast, and easy!"

You young whippersnappers probably don't remember this, but in one issue
in 1946, Life Magazine, which then ran a "picture of the week,"
published a rear-view picture of a woman wearing a stunningly beautiful
robe, made of flaming red satin, with a huge dragon embroidered all
over the back. It went all the way up one side and across the shoulders
and down the other side. And of course there were a lot of Chinese
characters.

In 1946 there were U.S.Marines in China. The picture's caption said that
the woman's husband, a Marine captain, had sent it to her.

A week or two later, the "Letters to the Editor" column contained a
brief letter from a Professor of Chinese at some university. It said,
"You may be interested to know that the inscription on that robe says,
"I am Nanking's finest prostitute."

vince norris