A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Piloting
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

What is the most popular aircraft in major airlines,so i can get myCPL with it?

Old April 5th 13, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
arvin moavenian
external usenet poster

Default What is the most popular aircraft in major airlines,so i can get myCPL with it?

I want to do flight trainings and i need to do which aircraft is best for future career so i can earn some basic experience and hours with it.
Old April 5th 13, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn
external usenet poster

Default What is the most popular aircraft in major airlines,so i can get my CPL with it?

In article ,
arvin moavenian wrote:

I want to do flight trainings and i need to do which aircraft is best for
future career so i can earn some basic experience and hours with it.

You will not be flying an airliner in pilot training. You will start
with basic trainers and work your way up through single-engine and then
multi-engine small planes. You will also have to put in some
"time-building" as an instructor before any airline will touch you.
Old April 5th 13, 05:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
arvin moavenian
external usenet poster

Default What is the most popular aircraft in major airlines,so i can getmy CPL with it?

I am aware of all of these stuffs but I just want to know if you have option in your trainings which aircraft is the best for that time-building you mentioned thanks for your answer.
Old April 5th 13, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george152
external usenet poster

Default What is the most popular aircraft in major airlines,so i canget my CPL with it?

On 05/04/13 17:39, arvin moavenian wrote:

I am aware of all of these stuffs but I just want to know if you have option in your trainings which aircraft is the best for that time-building you mentioned thanks for your answer.

A four seater would be appropriate after you get your PPL. Take friends
up as you work toward your Commercial
Before that as a student any two seater's sufficient to learn to fly in
Old June 22nd 13, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky
external usenet poster

Default What is the most popular aircraft in major airlines,so i can getmy CPL with it?

You'll be getting your CPL in a light plane with retractable gear, flaps, controllable pitch prop, and one or two other parameters I forgot about...that was a long time ago!

I used a late-60s Piper Arrow with "Hershey-bar" wings. It was a fine airplane & I flew all over Texas in it during my commercial time-building, but it had the glide ratio of a sack of bricks.

I got stuck out in East Texas with a 2 friends, none of whom were in my school's flight program, a BIG "no-no" at the time at Navarro College. A mechanic looked at it & concluded the gear in the starter wasn't popping out to meet the big gear which spun the prop (hey, I'm an A&P but I don't work on small planes so don't laugh at my terminology!). This mechanic said he would try to hand prop the Arrow but "only with a little convincing" since it was a big engine & wouldn't be easy. I gave the guy $50 & he got me out of GIlmer, Tx so I wouldn't get in trouble. I arrived back in the wee hours so as not to get busted at school. However, the next time I went to the pilot center the first words out of my instructor's mouth were "who was with you when you took off in the Arrow the other day?!" BUSTED! My instructor and the flight school director has watched me load my friends and take off with binoculars! I thought I was hidden well enough at the small airport's far end next to another building, but these two were staked out in another school airplane on the ramp since it was suspected I had been taking up unauthorized passengers. Oh, flight school memories! Sorry for the long, off-topic memory-trip!