How to lose your licence in one easy lesson

Old August 3rd 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Shiver

Default How to lose your licence in one easy lesson

Don't know how many of you caught the story out in California about
a has been rock star named Tommy Lee whoes main claim to fame seems
to be screwing Pamela Anderson on a well known and universally
distributed home movie type video tape.

Seems Tommy wanted to go to a rock concert being held nearby his home
and decided that driving to the event was beneath him.

So he hired a helicopter to drop down and pick him up.

The pilot landed on a public road, left the machine, went and knocked
on Tommy's door, went back to the machine, loaded him in, and after
being approached by a police officer who told him not to do it again,
he took off.

What does the idiot pilot do just a few hours later.

You know he brought Tommy the has been back, and again landed on the
roadway.

This time he received a ticket which I'm gonna predict will be the
least of his problems once the FAA stops by his bosses office and has
a little chat with him.
Old August 3rd 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
JohnO

Shiver wrote:
Don't know how many of you caught the story out in California about
a has been rock star named Tommy Lee whoes main claim to fame seems
to be screwing Pamela Anderson on a well known and universally
distributed home movie type video tape.

Seems Tommy wanted to go to a rock concert being held nearby his home
and decided that driving to the event was beneath him.

So he hired a helicopter to drop down and pick him up.

The pilot landed on a public road, left the machine, went and knocked
on Tommy's door, went back to the machine, loaded him in, and after
being approached by a police officer who told him not to do it again,
he took off.

What does the idiot pilot do just a few hours later.

You know he brought Tommy the has been back, and again landed on the
roadway.

And here's me under the impression that it takes a modicum of
intelligence to be a prefessional chopper pilot!

This time he received a ticket which I'm gonna predict will be the
least of his problems once the FAA stops by his bosses office and has
a little chat with him.

Ummm, I wonder what sort of ticket a police officer has juristiction to
wite for an FAA breach? Maybe he got him for not having tail lights?

Old August 7th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Kensandyeggo

How about "obstructing traffic?" That'd cover anyone blocking the
street.

Craig Welch wrote:
JohnO wrote:

Ummm, I wonder what sort of ticket a police officer has juristiction to
wite for an FAA breach? Maybe he got him for not having tail lights?

I doubt that it came from the policeman, but Frank Mateljan, a spokesman
for the City Attorney's Office said "Martz was charged with one count
each of reckless flying, landing an aircraft on a public road and
landing an aircraft without a permit".

--
Craig

Old August 7th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
B4RT

Umm, What FAA Breach? The only one I'm aware of is the
"undue hazard to persons and property" part. The only issues
he faces as far as I know are probably state and local regs.

Bart

oups.com...

Old August 7th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Shiver

B4RT wrote:

Umm, What FAA Breach?

That's an interesting question.

Now of course I'm only an armchair pilot and don't play
an FAA inspector on TV.... but I woulda thought there was
some FAA rule about just landing a helicopter anywhere.

Otherwise why don't we see helipads every.

A few years ago Badwater Bill from the homebuilt group was rubbing it
in as usual about how succesfull he was and how he had just gotten his
helicopter license.

Along the way he talked about landing at some remote part of some state
or federal park and how on a sandbar ( I believe ) he had the skids
literally six inches on park land. Correct me if I am wrong on the
details here.

Well lots of people didn't like Bill and one of his fans complained.

It was the FAA I do believe that came down and had a chat with him and
according to Bill..... It was some chat.

I'm sure he had a very brown nose at the end of the day to hear him
tell the tale. And he was really torqued at the person who made the
complaint.
Old August 8th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
B4RT

Kevin,

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it was legal to land there.
Most state and local govs have laws that are all different from
each other regarding this. It makes it a total pain in the ass
to do it legally because you never know where to ask.

As to the helipad comment from Shiver; As a general rule,
if you land anywhere repeatedly you have to file with that
state for a registered helipad.

The rule I use when landing on any non airport property is
that I must have prior permission from the owner, and
they have to have about 1000 feet in every direction
thats owned by them. Its best that no neighbor could
ever claim to be in the approach or departure path.

I was only saying I was unaware of any FAR that prohibited
a helicopter from landing in a street.

Keep the blue side up,
Bart

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 11:37:13 -0400, "B4RT" wrote:

Umm, What FAA Breach? The only one I'm aware of is the
"undue hazard to persons and property" part. The only issues
he faces as far as I know are probably state and local regs.

I agree Bart.. If there was no hazard to persons or property on the
ground or in the vicinity, what's the problem? As far as I know, a
street is public property so no permission would be required as would
be the case from a private land owner.

I've landed on all sorts of pinnacles, meadows, fields etc and never
got any grief from anyone. 2 years ago I was in a helo that landed in
a school yard with nothing more than written permission from the
principal of the school and an agreement that all the kids would be
kept well away from the landing zone during all helo ops.

The only negative of the entire thing was a few people complaining
about the noise even after the entire neighborhood was notified the
helo would be coming well over a week beforehand.

Old August 8th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Steve R

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 11:37:13 -0400, "B4RT" wrote:

The only negative of the entire thing was a few people complaining
about the noise even after the entire neighborhood was notified the
helo would be coming well over a week beforehand.

There will ALWAYS be "someone" who complains no matter what you do.

Easy Eddie Jim Burns Piloting 19 December 13th 05 10:40 PM
Get Over $50,000 Fast and Easy, READ HOW [email protected] Owning 0 January 1st 05 05:41 PM
Rewriting JAR licence into FAA lincence - NOT validation Astrid Piloting 2 February 27th 04 09:35 PM