own a Spitfire!

Old April 16th 04, 10:34 AM
Cub Driver

Default own a Spitfire!

An Australian company is building an 80 percent scale Spitfire, with
45 kits sold to date.

FMI: http://www.supermarineaircraft.com

For the WHOLE story, go to
http://www.aero-news.net/news/sport....1d1d&Dynamic=1

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! blog www.vivabush.org
Old April 17th 04, 04:09 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Cub Driver wrote:

An Australian company is building an 80 percent scale Spitfire, with
45 kits sold to date.

FMI: http://www.supermarineaircraft.com

For the WHOLE story, go to
http://www.aero-news.net/news/sport....1449-4efe-9caa
-3f8f649a1d1d&Dynamic=1

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
The Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! blog www.vivabush.org

I just saw it today at Sun "N Fun"! It is put together with pop rivets
(although I would prefer to use real rivets, myself, if I were to build
one) and is powered with an 8-cylinder Jabiru engine.

It did really look cool sitting there.
Old April 18th 04, 10:18 AM
Simon Robbins

"Cub Driver" wrote in message
news

An Australian company is building an 80 percent scale Spitfire, with
45 kits sold to date.

Seems a bit of a waste to build them 80% scale if you ask me. Why not go the
whole hog and build a 100% replica??

Si

Old April 18th 04, 10:29 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Simon Robbins wrote:
An Australian company is building an 80 percent scale Spitfire, with
45 kits sold to date.

Seems a bit of a waste to build them 80% scale if you ask me. Why not go the
whole hog and build a 100% replica??

Those Merlins are just a bit too pricey... not that the 80% scale model is
cheap.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com

Old April 18th 04, 02:33 PM
N329DF

Why not go the
whole hog and build a 100% replica??

Those Merlins are just a bit too pricey... not that the 80% scale model is
cheap.

Bob DeFord in Prescott Az just finished a full size Spitfire replica. It has a
wooden wing and metal fuselageand is powered by a Allison engine swinging a
DC-3 prop.
Matt Gunsch,
A&P,IA,Private Pilot
Riding member of the
2003 world champion drill team
Arizona Precision Motorcycle Drill Team
GWRRA,NRA,GOA

Old April 18th 04, 09:20 PM
George Z. Bush

"N329DF" wrote in message
Why not go the
whole hog and build a 100% replica??

Those Merlins are just a bit too pricey... not that the 80% scale model is
cheap.

Bob DeFord in Prescott Az just finished a full size Spitfire replica. It has a
wooden wing and metal fuselageand is powered by a Allison engine swinging a
DC-3 prop.

I suppose it's just ignorance, but what's a DC-3 prop? I always thought they
used Hamilton Standard hydraulic ones.

George Z.

Old April 18th 04, 11:28 PM

"George Z. Bush" wrote:

"N329DF" wrote in message
Why not go the
whole hog and build a 100% replica??

Those Merlins are just a bit too pricey... not that the 80% scale model is
cheap.

Bob DeFord in Prescott Az just finished a full size Spitfire replica. It has a
wooden wing and metal fuselageand is powered by a Allison engine swinging a
DC-3 prop.

I suppose it's just ignorance, but what's a DC-3 prop? I always thought they
used Hamilton Standard hydraulic ones.

George Z.

I thought they were Hamilton Standard hydramatic props George.

duck
--

-Gord.