more reasons for GA: John Gilmo I was ejected from a plane for wearing "Suspected Terrorist" button

Old July 24th 03, 04:23 PM
Montblack

"Jay Honeck"
The only people who couldn't vote in Florida (in the 2000 presidential
election) were too stupid to figure out the ballot.

These same ballots were designed by Democrats, monitored by Democrats and
used in the previous election, where a Democrat won.

The ballots were never the issue. In fact, this was a non issue until it was
seized upon by the DMC, pumped up into hysteria and exploited. It was an
invented (and then mass marketed) phony issue - and the Democrats knew it.

Seniors not getting to vote vs. common sense and the law. Dems bet on
manufactured emotion and lost.

Oh, BTW, how many absentee military votes were the Democrats willing to
throw away, in their pursuit of victory in Florida?

This country is in need of a (credible) middle of the road, third party, for
all of the folks out there like me. Is Bull Moose Party still available?

(Needed aviation content)
Theodore Roosevelt flew in an airplane at St. Louis, Missouri, the first
time someone who had served as president had ever flown in an airplane.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?O20B22065
TR's 1910 plane ride.

--
Montblack

Old July 24th 03, 04:41 PM
Jay Honeck

WRONG! Several hundred (or was it several thousand) people were prevented
from voting because they had the same names as convicted felons

Well, unless you subscribe to the theory that Democrats are more likely to
be related to felons (!), this procedural glitch should have hurt both
parties equally.

You're not REALLY saying that people with the last name as known felons
would be more likely to vote for Gore, are you, Paul?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 24th 03, 05:42 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Montblack" said:
"Jay Honeck"
The only people who couldn't vote in Florida (in the 2000 presidential
election) were too stupid to figure out the ballot.

Oh, BTW, how many absentee military votes were the Democrats willing to
throw away, in their pursuit of victory in Florida?

Ok, why is it perfectly ok to throw away the ballots of seniors who "were
too stupid to figure out the ballot", but when they throw away the ballots
of soliders who are too stupid to figure out the procedures[1], that's an
evil Democrat trick?

[1] 680 absentee ballots that were *counted* were found to have voilated
state or federal election law:
344: late, illegible or missing postmarks
183: posted with US (not APO) postmarks
169: voters weren't registerd to vote, failed to sign the envelope, or
had not requested thea ballot.
96: lacked the required signature or address of a witness
38: 19 voters who cast two ballots each
5: received after the 11/17 deadline

Except for the illegible postmarks, all of these people are too stupid to
vote, but they did. And in most cases, their votes were counted because
"canvassing boards in about a dozen Republican-leaning counties had
reconvened for a second round of counting. In each place, longstanding
election rules were bent and even ignored....Again and again, election
officials crossed out the words `REJECTED AS ILLEGAL' that had been
stamped on ballot envelopes."

http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~k...h/ballots.html

--
Paul Tomblin , not speaking for anybody
I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full
Old July 24th 03, 05:54 PM
Jay Honeck

Except for the illegible postmarks, all of these people are too stupid to
vote, but they did. And in most cases, their votes were counted because
"canvassing boards in about a dozen Republican-leaning counties had
reconvened for a second round of counting. In each place, longstanding
election rules were bent and even ignored....Again and again, election
officials crossed out the words `REJECTED AS ILLEGAL' that had been
stamped on ballot envelopes."

So what you're telling me is that both Republican and Democrat-controlled
election boards used every weapon in their arsenal to assure victory for
their candidate in Florida?

What was that line from Casablanca? "I'm shocked -- SHOCKED -- that there
is gambling going on in here!"
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 24th 03, 06:12 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:tbUTa.137897$H17.47830@sccrnsc02...

What was that line from Casablanca? "I'm shocked -- SHOCKED -- that there
is gambling going on in here!"
--

We have a saying here, "It's not over until your brother counts the votes."

Old July 24th 03, 09:38 PM
Newps

Paul Tomblin wrote:

Ok, why is it perfectly ok to throw away the ballots of seniors who "were
too stupid to figure out the ballot",

You mean "suddenly too stupid."? The same ballot type had been used for
many election cycles.

Old July 24th 03, 09:40 PM
Newps

Did anybody else see the 51 Chevy pickup that some Cubans made into a
boat by strapping empty tanks around the side on the news yesterday and
today? Did you immediately think of Ted Kennedy too?

Old July 24th 03, 10:56 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Newps said:
Paul Tomblin wrote:
Ok, why is it perfectly ok to throw away the ballots of seniors who "were
too stupid to figure out the ballot",

You mean "suddenly too stupid."? The same ballot type had been used for
many election cycles.

Let me introduce you to the concept of "statistically significant error
rates" some day.

--
Paul Tomblin , not speaking for anybody
Speed is life, altitude is life insurance. No one has ever collided with
Old July 24th 03, 11:07 PM
Montblack

I thought of my sister, in St. Paul, who has a very, very, very nice 51
Chevy pickup for sale. Green with the original Iowa grain box still on the
back. 99% original condition, great shape - $8,500.
* Cubans not included

--
Montblack

("Newps" wrote)

Old July 25th 03, 03:14 PM
Gary L. Drescher

"Dennis O'Connor" wrote in message
They would
have made good additions to our citizenry pool to offset the welfare
mentality of some of our native born minority groups...

I'd rather offset the racist mentality of some of our native born majority
groups.

--Gary

Denny