anal sphincter muscles at Sporty's just lost a customer

Old July 11th 03, 09:23 PM
Jeff Franks

Besides, IFR hoods aren't exactly so rare that I would be desperate to
buy one from Sporty's on the day the charts roll over.

LOL, I thought about that as I typed it....was wishing you had "thrown in"
something to your order that made more sense that you MIGHT someday need in
a hurry

Compare this to another situation on this thread:

| I've been very happy with mypilotstore.com-- they once made good on a
| misunderstanding that was mostly my fault. I've had my chart

subscription
| with them ever since (a year or so).

This is how to handle customer service issues and the result is a loyal,
happy customer. If you can't compete on price (and Sporty's doesn't),
what else do you have to go on?

Agreed. I don't usually do the Sporty's route either. Being that I work
daily in customer service, I just wanted the opportunity to argue with a
"customer" 8^). Right or wrong, they don't appear to be going out of their
way in the slightest to help. That's not a good perception from a customers
point of view.

Old July 11th 03, 10:14 PM
journeyman

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:23:36 -0500, Jeff Franks
wrote:

This is how to handle customer service issues and the result is a loyal,
happy customer. If you can't compete on price (and Sporty's doesn't),
what else do you have to go on?

Agreed. I don't usually do the Sporty's route either. Being that I work
daily in customer service, I just wanted the opportunity to argue with a
"customer" 8^). Right or wrong, they don't appear to be going out of their
way in the slightest to help. That's not a good perception from a customers
point of view.

And that boils down to my entire point. It's about how well a company
does exception handling. In software and in customer service, the
bulk of the effort goes into those supposedly rare conditions.

If your solution is to blow of the one unhappy customer, you're also
blowing off that customer's future orders which will go smoothly
on average. Right or wrong, when an exception happens, my expectation
is for them to go the extra mile.

Morris
Old July 11th 03, 10:26 PM
journeyman

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:02:10 -0700, Tim Bengtson
wrote:

Most customers won't blow a gasket and go nonlinear in this situation.

No kidding.

But the 9, 99, or 999 incidents (depending on your fuse length), which
have nothing to do with Sporty's (in this case) will prime that pump.

I know a guy whose fuse is set at 1 and has had what can only be
described as a wasted life. He's invariably right and articulate in
arguing his case, but that kind of energy is usually better spent
fighting bigger battles.

I am really sufficiently vented on this and ready to move on...

Morris
Old July 11th 03, 11:33 PM
journeyman

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 21:24:26 GMT, EDR wrote:

None of the posts I have read indicate that he has even called SPORTY's
to discuss the matter. Lots of whining here in the group, though.

4 phone calls yesterday and an email today.

I just (end of day Friday) received an email back from someone who
finally agreed to refund the excess shipping charges. Given their
attitude yesterday, I'm pleasantly surprised today's email got a
satisfactory response.

After yesterday's experience, I was pretty much resigned to having
"whining here in the group" as my only recourse.

Morris (somtimes you just need a small victory to keep going)
Old July 12th 03, 03:00 AM
G.R. Patterson III

EDR wrote:

None of the posts I have read indicate that he has even called SPORTY's
to discuss the matter.

Then you obviously didn't read the original post.

George Patterson
The optimist feels that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist is afraid that he's correct.
James Branch Cavel
Old July 12th 03, 04:51 AM
john smith

None of the posts I have read indicate that he has even called SPORTY's
to discuss the matter.

Then you obviously didn't read the original post.

Yes I did.
The original post only said he called to cancel the order.
No mention was made about correcting the charges.
Old July 14th 03, 10:01 PM
Michelle P

Morris,

www.jeppesen.com

they have both IFR and VFR charts.

I have been dealing with them for over ten years, very few problems. Pay
a little extra but it is worth the service.

Michelle

journeyman wrote:

Just got off the phone with them and I am Not Pleased. I put in a
web order this morning for the Canadian CFS and some approach plates.
They're on a 56-day cycle, my current set expires today and I was
hoping to do trip this weekend. So, I was willing to pay extra for
next-day service.

Got a voice mail at 3:15 saying the charts were on back order. So,
I called to cancel the next-day shipping. Apparently, the IFR hood
I tacked onto the order (old one's no longer usable) was already
shipped, so they will bill me for overnight shipping for the entire
order. I'm willing to pay extra to have the charts tomorrow. They're
charging for it but failing provide what they charged for. Not enough
to be worth the time and energy to fight it, but annoying enough for
me to do no further business with them.

Anyone have a reliable source of Canadian charts for an occasionally
homesick canuk?

Morris

--

Michelle P CP-ASMEL-IA, and AMT-A&P

"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)

Volunteer Pilot, AirLifeLine

Volunteer Builder, Habitat for Humanity