Gliding in Brisbane AU

Old December 19th 03, 06:20 PM
Jay Todd

Default Gliding in Brisbane AU

I will be in Brisbane for the entire month of February and just a bit
of March. Will the gliding still be any good or will it be too late in
the season? Any suggestions on which club I should contact? I have
previously flown with the Geelong Gliding Club while in Melbourne and
with the Canberra Gliding Club while I was in Canberra. Any help for
the yank would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jay Todd
3D
Old December 19th 03, 08:54 PM
Pete Stratten

Try the gliding club at Jondaryn, about 1/2 hr drive west of Toowoomba =
on the Warrego highway. Excellent fleet, really friendly & very chilled. =
Don't forget your fly repellent!

Pete Stratten

Old December 19th 03, 10:19 PM
JM

Jay,
If you want to fly closer to Brisbane then Caboolture Gliding Club just
North of the town is great for local soaring..and an easy drive.
http://www.glidingcaboolture.org.au/

m...

Old December 20th 03, 02:08 AM
Charles Yeates

Try the club at Kingaroy too -- club ships include a Dicus, a Duo Discus
for starters -- a little further inland but super soaring in the
peanut growing area

JM wrote:
Jay,
If you want to fly closer to Brisbane then Caboolture Gliding Club just
North of the town is great for local soaring..and an easy drive.
http://www.glidingcaboolture.org.au/

m...