Ridge Soaring in SE Oklahoma

Old October 3rd 09, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy[_2_]

Default Ridge Soaring in SE Oklahoma

Here are a couple of videos from our ridge soaring in SE Oklahoma
last Monday afternoon. The videos were taken with my iPhone.
A cold front came through the area Monday night and gave us N/NE
winds around 20 mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c29qKHZpwjE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyYqZnuIe90

Randy

www.tulsasoaring.com

Old October 3rd 09, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Mike,

Nice obscure reference to an obscure piece of music. I have long been a fan
of Mark Isham's music. The title of the song in the video is "On the
Threshold of Liberty".

Paul Remde

Old October 3rd 09, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_8_]

"Mike" wrote in message

That must be a nice place to fly. Sort of on the "Threshold of
Freedom".

I use to be a fan of the Windham Hill label - Blissful music.

Old October 4th 09, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy[_2_]

I am surprised that you guys are more impressed with the music
selection then with the fact that we are ridge soaring in Oklahoma.
Where else in the central US can you do Ridge and Wave soaring?
We are getting more new pilots to this area every month. Our last
big outing to this area, we had 12 pilots and 11 gliders. We has
pilots from Houston, Dallas, Wichita, Oklahoma City and Tulsa.
I hope that more pilots will come here and fly with us.

Randy
Old October 4th 09, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Oct 3, 7:31*pm, Randy wrote:
I am surprised that you guys are more impressed with the music
selection then with the fact that we are ridge soaring in Oklahoma.
Where else in the central US can you do Ridge and Wave soaring?
We are getting more new pilots to this area every month. Our last
big outing to this area, we had 12 pilots and 11 gliders. We has
pilots from Houston, Dallas, Wichita, Oklahoma City and Tulsa.
I hope that more pilots will come here and fly with us.

Randy

As soon as my truck, trailer, glider, and work schedule all align with
the weather, the Cherokee and I will be there! Looks like fun!

Tony Condon
Old October 4th 09, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jsbrake

I don't know much about U.S. geography, but that looked like a
beautiful place to fly.

Old October 4th 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Very nice! Definitely not the sort of thing that one expects in the
Great Plains. Appreciate the videos; hope you get more people there to
enjoy the experience.

-John

Old October 5th 09, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Randy,

I did enjoy the videos! Thank you for posting them. I plan to include
links to them in my next e-mail newsletter.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde

Old October 5th 09, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

in Oklahoma?!

Come on folks, this is obviously just another creative method for some
spammer to get your traffic.