XCSoar closing after airspace warning? And 1st 2hr flight.

Old October 5th 09, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

Default XCSoar closing after airspace warning? And 1st 2hr flight.

Anyone had this issue? I'm just a beginner but I did my first 2hr
flight today (I was not the sink meter for once), and tried to use my
PNA with XCSoar to log my flight (really just for something to
do) .... I pulled it out once every 30 minutes or so to check on it,
and saw and airspace warning each time .... 12sm from the nearest
class B. Ok, so I ACK'd it and when I clicked "CLOSE" to close the
alert window, XCSoar also closed! Argh.

I had to restart it about 4 times. Anyone seen this before?

Other than this minor inconvenience I had a superb day of flying!
Circled with other gliders for the first time (not as scary as I
imagined), and got a heck of a sunburn. But it was worth it. 2hrs
was all my wallet (and bladder) could take (renting my glider) and I
was forced to land. Had to fly with full air brakes and a forward
slip for quite awhile to get down, lift was everywhere.

Thanks
-tom
St. Pete, FL.

Old October 5th 09, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 20:14:58 -0700, tstock wrote:

Anyone had this issue? I'm just a beginner but I did my first 2hr flight
today (I was not the sink meter for once), and tried to use my PNA with
XCSoar to log my flight (really just for something to do) .... I pulled
it out once every 30 minutes or so to check on it, and saw and airspace
warning each time .... 12sm from the nearest class B. Ok, so I ACK'd it
and when I clicked "CLOSE" to close the alert window, XCSoar also
closed! Argh.

On the later versions (e.g LK80009a1) you should tap an ACK button to say
what type of acknowledgement you want to give (i.e. do you want to
dismiss the warning just this time or for the whole flight) and then tap
Enable.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old October 5th 09, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

On the later versions (e.g LK80009a1) you should tap an ACK button to say
what type of acknowledgement you want to give (i.e. do you want to
dismiss the warning just this time or for the whole flight) and then tap
Enable.

Thanks, this not the LK8000 version. It did ask me if I wanted to ACK
for the entire day, and I chose OK, and then I clicked "Close" and
ended up on my CE desktop. I've used it driving to work many times
for testing and never had this problem, which leads me to believe that
it has something to do with how long the airspace warning window is up
without being noticed.

Old October 5th 09, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PCool

Hi Tom,
that looks like a bug to me. Can you replicate the problem?
Could be related also to the airspace file.
If you happen to replicate the problem, then it is quite easy for me to fix
it.
Btw, which PNA are you using , and which software version?

paolo

Old October 6th 09, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tobias Wicht

Just my opinion: Try GPS_LOG. It is much more intuitive and no funny
effects.
Old October 6th 09, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PCool

Does it work in landscape widescreen mode on PNAs such Navigon, Mio, Becker,
Panasonic, Mesada, Sony, HP310, and without a single hardware key?

Old October 7th 09, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

Hi Tom,
* * * * * * that looks like a bug to me. Can you replicate the problem?
Could be related also to the airspace file.
If you happen to replicate the problem, then it is quite easy for me to fix
it.
Btw, which PNA are you using , and which software version?

paolo

Hi, it's a Nokia 500 PNA. It's been working great until now (driving
around town), but this is the first time I'd ever flown with it and
seen an issue.

I'm going to try to get it to put up a warning in a few minutes and
will try to leave it up for 15-20 minutes. Will let you know of the
result.

-tom
Old October 7th 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

Ok, I tried again today to reproduce the issue... tried both
simulation mode and, and also drove to work through several
airspaces. Could not reproduce the problem.

No idea... will bring it again when I fly and see what happens.

On a side note, anyone have any idea how to map the original + and -
keys on my PNA to XCSoar? Currently they do nothing.

Thanks,
-tom
Old October 8th 09, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PCool

"tstock" ha scritto nel messaggio
Ok, I tried again today to reproduce the issue... tried both
simulation mode and, and also drove to work through several
airspaces. Could not reproduce the problem.

No idea... will bring it again when I fly and see what happens.

On a side note, anyone have any idea how to map the original + and -
keys on my PNA to XCSoar? Currently they do nothing.

I do, since I did the PNA version you are not using.
And your Nokia is fully supported , including hardware keys.

paolo

Old October 8th 09, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

On Oct 7, 7:25*pm, "PCool" wrote:
"tstock" ha scritto nel ...

Ok, I tried again today to reproduce the issue... tried both
simulation mode and, and also drove to work through several
airspaces. *Could not reproduce the problem.

No idea... will bring it again when I fly and see what happens.

On a side note, anyone have any idea how to map the original + and -
keys on my PNA to XCSoar? Currently they do nothing.

I do, since I did the PNA version you are not using.
And your Nokia is fully supported , including hardware keys.

paolo

HI Paolo, I tried the LK8000 version and it looks good, but I can't
quite figure it out. Zooming in and out isn't working, and eventually
I just get "DoNearest WARNING: rangeLandableNumber=0" from which I
cannot escape. I have turn off my PNA to get out of it.

So I have gone back to 5.2.2 until the LK8000 version (forgot the new
name for it) is ready.

Thanks,
-tom