XCSoar closing after airspace warning? And 1st 2hr flight.

Old October 9th 09, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

Default XCSoar closing after airspace warning? And 1st 2hr flight.

HI Paolo, I tried the LK8000 version and it looks good, but I can't
quite figure it out. Zooming in and out isn't working, and eventually
I just get "DoNearest WARNING: rangeLandableNumber=0" from which I
cannot escape. I have turn off my PNA to get out of it.

So I have gone back to 5.2.2 until the LK8000 version (forgot the new
name for it) is ready.

Thanks,
-tom

I just wanted to follow up on this... tonight I got the LK8000 version
if XCSoar set up and working, and once I figured out how it worked
regarding zoom, menu changes, etc, (now I feel dumb because it's
really pretty simple), I have to admit it's really well done. The
problems I was having were due to the lack of a HOME airport. I am
impressed that it works as well as it does for an alpha version... and
with my PNA (Nokia 500) it is a huge improvement. I used to have to
dig out a stylus just to go through the configuration menus... but now
I can do it from the screen thanks to the nice file selection
dialogs. There were so many things which simply did not work or were
impossible on my PNA , which now work well with just a few clicks.

Definitely worth a try for those who are not using it yet...

Thanks
Tom