Nice advertisement with a car towing a glider

Old October 8th 09, 04:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

Default Nice advertisement with a car towing a glider

I just found a real nice car advertisement with a glider:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boqxZ...=youtube_gdata
Old October 9th 09, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

On Oct 8, 8:57*am, John Smith wrote:
I just found a real nice car advertisement with a glider:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boqxZ...=youtube_gdata

Apparently a reverse auto-tow using a pulley. It's a pretty small
wimpy car (as you'd expect in Britain), but it gets the job done, even
if the early part in particular looks a bit relaxed.

Mike
Old October 9th 09, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

The host said the Peugeot was "much prettier" than the winch. I don't
care how pretty the Peugeot was, that winch was mighty perttie.

And where's the flight on OLC ... ?
Old October 9th 09, 11:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Hill

Tuno wrote:
The host said the Peugeot was "much prettier" than the winch. I don't
care how pretty the Peugeot was, that winch was mighty perttie.

The winch is a skylaunch winch.

http://www.skylaunchuk.com/

Nick Hill
Old October 9th 09, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

On Oct 9, 6:33 am, Nick Hill wrote:
Tuno wrote:
The host said the Peugeot was "much prettier" than the winch. I don't
care how pretty the Peugeot was, that winch was mighty perttie.

The winch is a skylaunch winch.

http://www.skylaunchuk.com/

Nick Hill

Nice video but unfortunately they never actually showed the car
pulling as the glider was climbing... always separate shots. Sort of
fizzled the enthusiasm of seeing it actually pull the glider.

Just one long shot of both the car pulling and the glider rolling
would have done it but I didn't even get that much

Old October 9th 09, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

Tuno wrote:
The host said the Peugeot was "much prettier" than the winch. I don't
care how pretty the Peugeot was, that winch was mighty perttie.

The winch is a skylaunch winch.

http://www.skylaunchuk.com/

Nick Hill

Nice video but unfortunately they never actually showed the car
pulling as the glider was climbing... always separate shots. *Sort of
fizzled the enthusiasm of seeing it actually pull the glider.

Just one long shot of both the car pulling and the glider rolling
would have done it but I didn't even get that much

In a shot that is only a few seconds long, looking down and left out
of the cockpit, you can see a speck on the grass that might be the car
heading toward the glider, when the glider is a couple hundred feet up
(I'm guessing). Perhaps in a better resolution video it would clearly
be the car, but the shot is VERY short.