anal sphincter muscles at Sporty's just lost a customer

Old July 11th 03, 01:12 AM
Allan Meuli

Default anal sphincter muscles at Sporty's just lost a customer

Anyone have a reliable source of Canadian charts for an occasionally
homesick canuk?

www.lakeandair.com

Al

Old July 11th 03, 01:51 AM
Steve Foley

Can't you simply refuse delivery?

"journeyman" wrote in message
u.com...

Just got off the phone with them and I am Not Pleased. I put in a
web order this morning for the Canadian CFS and some approach plates.
They're on a 56-day cycle, my current set expires today and I was
hoping to do trip this weekend. So, I was willing to pay extra for
next-day service.

Got a voice mail at 3:15 saying the charts were on back order. So,
I called to cancel the next-day shipping. Apparently, the IFR hood
I tacked onto the order (old one's no longer usable) was already
shipped, so they will bill me for overnight shipping for the entire
order. I'm willing to pay extra to have the charts tomorrow. They're
charging for it but failing provide what they charged for. Not enough
to be worth the time and energy to fight it, but annoying enough for
me to do no further business with them.

Anyone have a reliable source of Canadian charts for an occasionally
homesick canuk?

Morris

Old July 11th 03, 04:20 AM
journeyman

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:46:34 -0400, G.R. Patterson III
wrote:

Just got off the phone with them and I am Not Pleased.

Were I in your shoes, I would call VISA (which is what I use) and stop
payment on the order.

Which reminds me, I used my AOPA Mastercard, so I should take this up
with AOPA for whatever good that will do...

Morris (not so naive to believe it would actually do any good...)
Old July 11th 03, 04:29 AM
journeyman

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:51:19 -0400, Steve Foley
wrote:
Can't you simply refuse delivery?

Good idea. I'll ask the doorman downstairs about the possibility
tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

Morris (amazed that living in an apartment doesn't completely suck)
Old July 11th 03, 04:32 AM
journeyman

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:14:00 GMT, David Megginson wrote:

Anyone have a reliable source of Canadian charts for an occasionally
homesick canuk?

These guys are just around the corner from me:

http://www.worldofmaps.com/
(800) 214-8524

I was in there a couple of days ago, and they told me that shipping to
the U.S. is no problem.

Cool. I'm planning to drive up to Ottawa in a couple of weeks for a
visit. I'll plan to drop in on them. Sounds like it's similar to a
store in Seattle (which sells all maps except aviation) that I have
used (and hope to use again) for topo maps of hiking trails.

Morris
Old July 11th 03, 05:38 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli

wrote:
Just got off the phone with them and I am Not Pleased.

Were I in your shoes, I would call VISA (which is what I use) and stop
payment on the order.

Which reminds me, I used my AOPA Mastercard, so I should take this up
with AOPA for whatever good that will do...
Morris (not so naive to believe it would actually do any good...)

Morris, I'm confused, are you saying that writing the Mastercard
people won't do you any good? If you feel you've been billed for
a service you didn't receive (overnight shipping of charts which
were out of stock). Draft a letter disputing the charge. Then
call Sporty's, talk to the manager, tell them you're about to send
off a letter disputing the charge, and ask if they would like to
make an adjustment now, instead. Let them know that people on the
internet are waiting to see how they respond. I was about to order
a couple of things from Sporty's actually but I can live without
them or go elsewhere.

The FBO we were fueling with didn't give us a discount they'd
promised. DH was checking the bills, and didn't notice. It
had been going on for a couple months by the time I did. They
weren't going to credit us, and were kind of snippy to DH about
it until I called and pointed out it was still within the time
frame for us to send a letter disputing the charge to our credit
card company and I had one drafted. Instant "Sea Change" to "Ok,
we'll give you the credit, just please examine your bill more
promptly and call to update fuel prices next time".

BTW I dunno if they have Canadian charts but we've had good service
from Airways (http://www.flyairways.com) plus they're considerably
cheaper than Sporty's, and if they have what you need, our local pilot
shop Outer Marker will also go the extra mile for you
(http://www.outermarker.com).

Good luck,
Sydney

Heh.
Sydney

Old July 11th 03, 06:12 AM
Richard Kaplan

"journeyman" wrote in message
u.com...

Anyone have a reliable source of Canadian charts for an occasionally
homesick canuk?

I switched from Sporty's to Airways (www.flyairways.com) for similar reasons
and have been much happier with their reliability and customer service.
They do list Canadian charts on their website.

Besides better service, they are cheaper too!

--
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com

Old July 11th 03, 06:49 AM