Alarming news stories on instructor and student down at HPN

Old April 27th 05, 02:56 PM
Nathan Young

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:45:39 GMT, "OtisWinslow"
wrote:

"Scott Moore" wrote in message
People
ride motorcycles, which are far more likely to get you killed, and
think nothing of it.

Actually the accident fatality rate is about the same for motorcycles and
GA. Since I do both .. I guess it doubles my chance of biting the big one.

Statistically speaking, it would only double your chance if you did
both at the same time? That would take one big GA plane!

:-)

Old April 27th 05, 04:46 PM
paul kgyy

Ahh, good, trial by newspaper. Whatever do we need NTSB for? Should
be disbanded.

Old April 27th 05, 04:50 PM
Everett M. Greene

"OtisWinslow" writes:
"Scott Moore" wrote
People
ride motorcycles, which are far more likely to get you killed, and
think nothing of it.

Actually the accident fatality rate is about the same for motorcycles and
GA. Since I do both .. I guess it doubles my chance of biting the big one.

Dead man walking? :-)
Old April 27th 05, 05:47 PM
Andrew Gideon

OtisWinslow wrote:

I guess it doubles my chance of biting the big one.

It reduces your chances of being killed by one or the other.

- Andrew

Old April 27th 05, 08:36 PM

wrote:

"Scott Moore" wrote in message
People
ride motorcycles, which are far more likely to get you killed, and
think nothing of it.

Actually the accident fatality rate is about the same for motorcycles and
GA. Since I do both .. I guess it doubles my chance of biting the big one.

Only if you do both simultaneously
Old April 27th 05, 08:39 PM
John Galban

OtisWinslow wrote:

Actually the accident fatality rate is about the same for motorcycles

and
GA. Since I do both .. I guess it doubles my chance of biting the big

one.

I have an occasional "Danger Day", where I ride my motorcycle to the
airport, jump in my plane and fly to another airport, then go skydiving
at the destination.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old April 27th 05, 08:54 PM
OtisWinslow

Well that sure makes me feel better. Maybe I'll ride to the airport
tonight and go flying.

Old April 27th 05, 09:07 PM
Jose

I draw the line at jumping out of a still flying airplane.

IF the airplane is flying, but it's still still, I might consider
exiting too.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old April 27th 05, 09:38 PM
Andrew Gideon

Jose wrote:

IF the airplane is flying, but it's still still, I might consider
exiting too.

Not exciting; just a decent headwind.

- Andrew