Bush 'Plans Iran Air Strike by August'

Old June 3rd 08, 06:11 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
PaPaPeng

Default Bush 'Plans Iran Air Strike by August'

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 11:03:25 -0400, "Jeffrey Hamilton"
wrote:

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 03:29:51 -0400, "Jeffrey Hamilton"
wrote:

Say what you like sport, I'm repeating what was broadcast on CNN.

cheers....Jeff

snippage of rant about news coverage

Listen fool, spout what you like, pictures tell a thousand words.

They were holding up a piece of concrete, supposedly reinforced. What the
builder had used for reinforcement was a joke.
Instead of rebar, it looked like he had used that very light steel-mesh
material (approx. 6"x6" square) that we use to support a concrete slab in a
garage floor that is laid over 6" of compacted gravel.
Instead of using rebar, which you or I wouldn't be able to bend with our
bare hands, he used material a four year old could twist out of shape.
Don't tell me what I saw fool, I'll tell you.

cheers....Jeff

Look you twerp. When a US army squad in Iraq murders a family there
is all this outrage and moves to put them on trial and establish the
rules of combat, better training, better supervision and all those
highfalutin declarations of how things will be better in future. When
the Army found out that murdering innocent Iraqi families is pretty
common (more than a million killings in 7 1/2 years and still going
strong) everyone shut up pretty fast and imposed laughbly
insignificant sentences on less than a handful of perpetrators stupid
enough to get caught.

Ergo when a single building disintegrates in a humongous earthquake
you can point fingers and sacrifice a few goats to satisfy public
outrage. When more than 300 schools disintegrated the same way you
are going to prosecute anyone and everyone who had a hand in building
those schools? You are certainly very naive in the ways things work.

I'll tell you one remarkable example how the Chinese system works.
When DXP came back to power the Cultural Revolution was still alive
until they arrested the Gang of Four. With the devastation that the
CR and the GLF (Great Leap Forward) and other Mao inspired disasters
there was a tremendous amount of damage to be made good. So DXP
decreed that there were far too many injustices and far too many
interconnected crimes ever to sort out. Getting China back on track
was of paramount importance. So there was to be no recriminationsw,
no boards of inquiries, no investigations into what had gone on
before. He (DXP) himself was treated very badly. His eldest son (a
physics undergrad then)was thrown from or had leapt from an upper
storey and crippled. The son was denied medical attention and is now
a quadripelgic. If DXP did not seek revenge no one else could and the
bad blood that would have flowed and poisoned everything never did.

So it will be with this earthquake. The first order of things is to
get back the countryside in order and the people housed and gainfully
employed. Before the end of the year is out the debris will have been
cleared and reconstruction begun. Premier Wen has declared that
within three years all the roads, bridges and infrastructures will be
repaired. They will be finished ahead of schedule. In that three
years will arise new cities, towns and residential areas as if they
seemed to have sprouted from the ground overnight. You would have
never known that there was an earthquake just three years before. In
that time or after, if key people have been found to be willfully
negilgent or corrupt, the guilt can then be established. There are no
on-a-technicality escape routes in the Chinese courts system. But
meantime screw your CNN attempts to paint a fumbling and dysfuntional
picture of Chinese people.
Old June 3rd 08, 06:18 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
William Black[_1_]

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message

When Willie
launches one of his not very smart posts this "I can pass off as a
White any day "

But I didn't.

You're a liar.

I said I can pass in India as a local when I'm tanned.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old June 3rd 08, 06:46 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
PaPaPeng

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 13:23:59 GMT, Vincent Brannigan
wrote:

PaPaPeng wrote:

"Popular" is the wrong adjective. You don't get to chose your surname
to skew the count.. If you really want to freak out go visit the
universities, the professional centers and the upscale residential
areas. If you are not Chinese you'd stick out like a sore thumb.

Sure, Just like Jews in New York during the Nazi time
We get the best
Authoritarian countries tend to export very fine people

Vince

Hey. Maybe you have a self correcting solution here to the Jewish
conspriracy. In time the Chinese community will be the elite stratum
in American Society and displace the Jewish-Neocon cabal. That will
solve many of America's global problems.

We get the best
Authoritarian countries tend to export very fine people

You're welcome. There are at least ten thousand times their numbers
in the mainland who are as smart if not smarter. We can spare as many
as you are willing to take. Employment opportunities are scarce in
China even for top brains.
Old June 3rd 08, 06:52 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
JJS[_2_]

In article ,
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 08:28:30 -0700,
(JJS)
wrote:

I know is looks like the Chinese have adopted the "white man's burden".
You know bringing civilization to the less fortunate whether they
want it or not e.g. Tibet.

Joe

On the contrary. Tibet is being developed for China's benefit as
Tibet's resources and vast space is needed.

True.

Development will not wait
for Tibetans slow to get into the game.

I know this is where the "whether they want it or not" comes in.

Tibetans are in the best
position to benefit from this investment as the rules are already in
place to let them have first pick.

Well there's the problem. The large immigration of Chinese to Tibet
could be considered a threat by the local Tibetan population. They
might argue that the first pick goes to the Chinese or those Tibetans
loyal to the Chinese rather than the general population. At least that's
how it usually works in the rest of the world.

But the Tibetans must also have
the attitude, aptitude and the ability to take advantage of these
opportunities.

I know this is where the "whether they want it or not" comes in.

To quit with barely a grade 6 education with no
(Chinese majority or foreign) language skills dooms one to making a
living off equally disadvantaged fellow Tibetans. (Being a monk
inures one to life's hardships but is quite useless for making a
living.)

I agree but when does it become someone elsešs choice (non-Tibetan)
that they change the way they live their life? I'm not saying
that the local population had a better life style before the
Chinese decided to improve things. I'm just wondering who gets to
decide what happens in Tibet.

Your Afro-American experience is an excellent parallel.

I don't see the parallel.

Providing barely earned advantages to all 2.5 million Tibetans in a
population of 1.3 billion Chinese is no problem at all. But these
advantages must still be earned regardless of at how low a level.

Old June 3rd 08, 07:29 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
PaPaPeng

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 10:52:00 -0700, (JJS)
wrote:

Your Afro-American experience is an excellent parallel.

I don't see the parallel.

Providing barely earned advantages to all 2.5 million Tibetans in a
population of 1.3 billion Chinese is no problem at all. But these
advantages must still be earned regardless of at how low a level.

I know this is where the "whether they want it or not" comes in.

Joe

I thought my reply was pretty clear on that. The sun will surely
rise tomorrow morning and the world will revolve as it had always done
since time began. Whether anyone wants it or not.

Tibet will be developed whether they want it or not.

The parallel with your Afro-American community is that there is no
lack of effort and no shortage of funding to raise the educational
standards and employability of their chilkdren. Your best brains and
your best intentions all had their go at the problem and there isn't
even a language problem. Yet Afro-Americans, as a community, are
falling behind further than ever.

One can only do one's best. If for all that effort and it still
doesn't work one can only keep trying. But feel guilt? Nah. Guilt
over nebulous concepts is an American disease.
Old June 3rd 08, 09:30 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
Wiley Post

In n%31k.591$7B3.19@edtnps91, "La N" wrote:

"Vincent Brannigan" wrote in message
Wiley Post wrote:
In FfG0k.279$jN1.212@trnddc08, Vincent Brannigan
wrote:

Dean A. Markley wrote:
Vincent Brannigan wrote:
PaPaPeng wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2008 18:31:12 GMT, Vincent Brannigan
wrote:

PaPaPeng wrote:
On Fri, 30 May 2008 14:52:02 GMT, Vincent Brannigan
wrote:

I was personally involved (as a student) in Ping-Pong diplomacy
back in 1972
No doubt you were one of the original astronauts who landed on the
moon too.
No but I was the persons who initiated the contact with USTTA
president Steenhoven on behalf of UMCP Chancellor Charles Bishop to
help arrange the premier venue of the tour, the match at Cole Field
house. This was the only large venue inside the Washington beltway
(12,000 seats)

"1972: A ping-pong match between the United States and the People's
Republic of China is played at Cole, the first sporting event
between the two countries."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cole_Field_House

It was my first date with Dr. Ruth. We met Henry Kissinger

Vince
The 1972 ping pong diplomacy had a lot of press even if it is only
Cole Field House archives. Surely you can produce one of those
articles with your photo or name on it. Or did those make it to the
Mars Mission already. My initial impression of your claim was that
you were in the group that went to Beijing from Tokyo. Have you ever
been to Beijing or to China? If so or if not on what basis do claim
to speak of expertise on what is happening in China and the
prevailing
public mood there?
I do nothing for those who post with false names

Vince Brannigan

What a superb reply with that last sentence!

Dean
I just ignore toilet wall writers who refuse to provide a name

Actually, you don't start "ignoring" them until you get backed into a
logical corner, or can't force yourself to admit that someone else might
actually be right, and you wrong.

You're quite predictable, Vince.

nonsense

if they want to present logic or fact based argument no problem
when they lose and shift to nasty anonymous insults I
ignore them for the toilet wall writers they are

This anonymous coward, "Wiley Post", is yet another who hit my killfile from
the get go. Anonymous cowards who get sh*tcanned from post 1 include those
who post from anonymous remailers or those who usurp the names of deceased
celebrities.

There she goes, folks. Trumpeting her killfile from the rooftops once again.
Isn't she wunnerful. She'll be back, Again... and again... and ...

Old June 3rd 08, 10:15 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
JJS[_2_]

wrote:

Your Afro-American experience is an excellent parallel.

I don't see the parallel.

Providing barely earned advantages to all 2.5 million Tibetans in a
population of 1.3 billion Chinese is no problem at all. But these
advantages must still be earned regardless of at how low a level.

I know this is where the "whether they want it or not" comes in.

Joe

I thought my reply was pretty clear on that. The sun will surely
rise tomorrow morning and the world will revolve as it had always done
since time began. Whether anyone wants it or not.

Tibet will be developed whether they want it or not.

Agreed. I don't see an alternative for Tibet. It's too bad that the
Tibetans don't have a stronger say in what happens to their country.
Or should I say their part of China?

The parallel with your Afro-American community is that there is no
lack of effort and no shortage of funding to raise the educational
standards and employability of their chilkdren. Your best brains and
your best intentions all had their go at the problem and there isn't
even a language problem. Yet Afro-Americans, as a community, are
falling behind further than ever.

One can only do one's best. If for all that effort and it still
doesn't work one can only keep trying. But feel guilt? Nah.

Oh I don't think anyone thought for a moment that the Chinese leadership
was feeling anything like guilt over their actions in Tibet. ;^)

Guilt
over nebulous concepts is an American disease.

Then one point for the home team!

Joe
Old June 3rd 08, 10:34 PM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
eyeball

wrote:
PaPaPeng wrote:

[...]

I'll remember that when you are the one with the immigration problem...
Old June 4th 08, 03:34 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,us.military.army
PaPaPeng

wrote:

PaPaPeng wrote:

[...]

I'm not surprised with the thuggish authoritarian government

I will always note how smart they start out but a thuggish authoritarian
government can kill that off fairly quickly

Vince

Jeeze you do have a problem with reading comprehension. Your
mentality has been arrested at the level of a schoolyard bully.

The point made is the numbers and quality of ethnic Chinese in
American society has become significant. They now form the core of
your professional class. In modern society this professional core is
what makes it tick. They therefore determine the character of your
community and country. The Chinese who settled in the US are American
citizens and constitute the ideal citizen group that any community
will be glad to have. The next generation will be so Americanized
that China will probably be quite alien to them. There goes your
thuggish authoritarian government fears though that describes the
current US government quite accurately.

If the rise of the Jewish community post WWII is any indication the
Chinese community will eventually go into those fields where Jews
excelled - law, banking and finance, property and estate investments,
entrepreunership. And even the fine arts. Chinese and other East
Asian classically trained virtusos are what is keeping these western
fine arts alive when recruitment from westerners has declined
precipitiously. The difference is there are far more Chinese than
there will ever be Jews in the US eventually or anywhere else except
in Israel. Numbers always win out in the end.

Currently the US Jewish population is 7 million or 2.5 percent. The
US Chinese population is 3.6 million or 1.2 per cent. Already the
ethnic Chinese component of top US universities exceeds that of the
Jews as well as all other ethnic groups. Read:

Little Asia on the Hill
Jim Wilson/The New York Times
By TIMOTHY EGAN
Published: January 7, 2007
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/07/ed...=1&oref=slogin

So there you are, a possibility that US Chinese may overtake the Jews
in messing up your minds in the not too distant future.